Doom 3

Bokishi

Doom 3 was not bad. Some of the create light placement allowed for some excellent shadow work, and the shadows were definitely the highlight of that game (even if they don't show up on other creatures).

Some tactful monster placement provided a fair share of jumps, and I actually didn't mind the fact that I couldn't use a weapon with my flashlight out. The people that demanded the duct tape mod were just wussies and afraid of the dark.

I actually really enjoyed the whole of Doom3 really, including the fact that you couldn't hold both the flashlight and a weapon at the same time, i thought it was a real nice touch. Plus, its not really difficult when the lights are out and you have to shoot some kinda demon, since; they either have some kind of light coming off them, or are throwing some kind of projectile at you so it makes them easier to find.

Loved the game though :rolleyes:

The people that demanded the duct tape mod were just wussies and afraid of the dark.

Doom 3 stopped being scary and got old after 30 minutes. I demanded a duct tape mod so I could at least see what the hell I was shooting at, as that's all there was to it. It was like playing a black screen in 20 frames per second even though I was way over the system specs. Annoying.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Plus HL2 likes to stutter on my new 6800, while Doom 3 runs like buttah when I crank everything up.

That i find is a bit odd really, since HL2 runs like butter on my low-grade machine, whereas Doom3 [sometimes] has trouble running smoothly on my comp.

Frustrating :angry:

I said I'm sick of HL2 and Doom 3 is something new to me. kk?

I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. :devil:"

Doom 3 sucked,might have gotten better with the expansion.

Nope. The expansion is just more of the same, with a gimped gravity gun.

Plus HL2 likes to stutter on my new 6800, while Doom 3 runs like buttah when I crank everything up.

That I find is a bit odd really, since HL2 runs like butter on my low-grade machine, whereas Doom3 [sometimes] has trouble running smoothly on my comp.

Frustrating :angry:

Perhaps it is your brand of GPU chip?

Doom 3 = native nVidia

Half-Life 2 = native ATi

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Perhaps it is your brand of GPU chip?

Doom 3 = native nVidia

Half-Life 2 = native ATi

That also is weird since mine is nVidia, but recently i have been able to fine tune Doom so its only jerky after doing certain things, like saving and viewing the PDA. :devil: Its all good.

Meta don't be a jerk. And it sucks when games are exclusivly optimzed for one card.

I'ma just teasing. :thumbsup:

Yep, it does such that there is a tendency for games to be optimised for a chipset: there are apparently loads of little nVidia acceleration routines built into the Doom 3 engine.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

And yet 90% of games are optimized for nVidia because up until recently, they had a much larger pull with devs than ATi, regardless of performance.

I guess you're just not used to it sucking for you?

And actually, the stuttering you're describing is a bug, has to do with the loading of the textures/sounds. I can dig up some fixes that will alleviate it quite a bit, especially if your machine has a large amount of RAM. I used them to make Half Life 2 purr like a kitten on my rig.

Child of Flame is on to something here.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds