Rise of the Sith For TSL

Hello everyone,

The Infinite Empire team and I are making a mod called StarWars: Rise of the Sith. The mod is a storyline mod for Kotor TSL. It completely replaces the storyline and adds a new one. Being that it is completely unrelated to KOTOR in any way, you get new everything, new planets, new characters, new music(the original score), new enemies and much more.

Before I get started, I will fill you in on the basics of how the mod will be produced. I know many have a problem with mods as some cause problems with games, and others that are particularly large (like this one) are a pain to uninstall.

Well this mod will come with an installer and uninstaller so you can use it and then uninstall it to play the normal game with the click of a button. It will be quite large, buit I promis, will be worth the download time.

The Story/Background:

It has been more than 100 years since the defeat of the empire. The Republic re-established itself and became the major power in the galaxy. An act called the Registration Act, was put into motion in hopes that it would stop the sith from ever returning. It requires every Republic citizen to register their personal information annually. This prevents any Sith spies from infiltrating the republic and posing as

I agree, I doubt a thing like this could be done at all.

Here are a few tips kid,

1. Your story is mediocre at best, it needs a lot of refinement

2. Wait until you have a good group of people working with you who know what they are doing before you make a ridiculously long post like this, promising the impossible

You should stay in school and keep away from game making at the moment, just play them like everyone else does. Something this big is far too much of an undertaking.

Guest MacleodCorp

Here are a few tips kid,

2. Wait until you have a good group of people working with you who know what they are doing before you make a ridiculously long post like this, promising the impossible

You should stay in school and keep away from game making at the moment, just play them like everyone else does. Something this big is far too much of an undertaking.

Creating a story mod has been done a hundred times over. Gsccc has created one or two allready, and I believe he is one talented person.

At least he is modding and having fun!! Are you?

Actually, he has a large database of resources to his disposal. Everything from modder's help to turtorials.

Are you modding! Gsccc has created some very original mods, which come from experience and research. If you think you can do better, I ask again, "Are you in modding?"

Gsccc is a talented modder, and has the support of other modders. Holowan has allways been his [WIP] home, and I am sure many of us support his efforts.

I invite Gsccc to place a post in our thread:

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=34960

DarthMacLeod

We are still looking for people in all areas,

Voice Actors

Modelers

Module Makers

Scripters

Art

Writers/Story Refinement

Beta Testers

I volunteer to be a beta tester. :D

Shotgun me too!! :wub:

Sounds good.

EDIT: Although i do seriously doubt this is actually possible at all using the KotOR engine, you are basically just re-designing the whole game!! I would imagine this would only be possible with a large team of designers.

I can volunteer for art, but my schedule will be something that'll be hard to compromise with. School will start again in a month and I'm also working as an artist on two other mods. And I may be interested in a voice acting opportunity.

Give me a shout over e-mail.

Not bad, if it can be done. I've seen some of his work before, although admittedly never played his mods so I can't comment on the quality of them, but this isn't just another mgnails pretending to do the impossible. This guy will likely actually complete it.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Woah woah woah, lets not get out of hand here. Before we start making assumptions on how "possible" this is lets take a look at the possibilities of modding. I have done 2 mods like this already for kotor 1. Which already pretty much shows you. Second, I have already completed 2 planets, and all the stuff i did there is pretty much what i am going to do on all the other planets. So it IS possible, no need to doubt that. The ONLY aspect of concern and possible problem is the time consumption in it. I have the technology i can build it. And I do have a team, that is what i said in my first post.

Oh and BTW, i made my first two storyline mods completely by myself, sure the was no real story there, it was just an extension fo Kotor darkside ending, but it was just a fun little thing and it showed it was possible.

Anyways, thanks MacLeodCorp for the support. I will be a releasing a demo very soon. All i am waiting for are my 2 voice actors to give me their lines and its done, and I'll prove to you its possible.

Thanks for those who volunteered; I will be sending you a pm soon!

-GSCCC

Forget this already. Total conversions die. Too damn ambitious.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Guest MacleodCorp
Woah woah woah, lets not get out of hand here. Before we start making assumptions on how "possible" this is lets take a look at the possibilities of modding. I have done 2 mods like this already for kotor 1. Which already pretty much shows you. Second, I have already completed 2 planets, and all the stuff i did there is pretty much what i am going to do on all the other planets. So it IS possible, no need to doubt that. The ONLY aspect of concern and possible problem is the time consumption in it. I have the technology i can build it. And I do have a team, that is what i said in my first post.

Oh and BTW, i made my first two storyline mods completely by myself, sure the was no real story there, it was just an extension fo Kotor darkside ending, but it was just a fun little thing and it showed it was possible.

Anyways, thanks MacLeodCorp for the support. I will be a releasing a demo very soon. All i am waiting for are my 2 voice actors to give me their lines and its done, and I'll prove to you its possible.

Thanks for those who volunteered; I will be sending you a pm soon!

-GSCCC

No problem man! (w00t) I can't wait to see your final product. :)

Forget this already. Total conversions die. Too damn ambitious.

First of all, it isnt a total conversion. Any "converting" I needed to do, is already done, so forget that.

Second, as for ambition, sure its ambitious, that doesnt mean its not possible. Like I said before I have experiance doing this, i released 2 mods with the same "ambition" so dont write me off just yet. :)

-GSCCC

We are still looking for people in all areas,

Voice Actors

Modelers

Module Makers

Scripters

Art

Writers/Story Refinement

Beta Testers

I volunteer to be a beta tester. :D

As would I, but I wouldn't mind doin a little Voice Acting?

I may be a little too young :rolleyes:

No worries there my friend, I have a program that could make you sound old, without being horribly corny.

How isn't it a total conversion, if everything is replaced by new content not related to the original game?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

How isn't it a total conversion, if everything is replaced by new content not related to the original game?

Perhaps i should have been more percise. Im not replacing EVERYTING, i am adding new contact, nothing needs to be replaced the only thing being replaced is the story. There will still be the old weapons plus some new ones, items etc. You get new party members.

Plus total conversions just change content they dont add story or change maps, which is exactly what i am doing. :devil:

GSCCC

Perhaps i should have been more percise. Im not replacing EVERYTING, i am adding new contact, nothing needs to be replaced the only thing being replaced is the story. There will still be the old weapons plus some new ones, items etc. You get new party members.

Plus total conversions just change content they dont add story or change maps, which is exactly what i am doing. :thumbsup:

You obviously have new clue what a total conversion is.

kirottu said:

Once again this isnt a total conversion, it doesnt replace everything in the game it ADDS new content to the game, you start out as a soldier instead of a jedi, you have new party members there is a new storyline.

Look if you guys dont believe me here are some screenshots that show what I have done so far...

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/4613/screen75ei.jpg

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/3483/screen38ni.jpg

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/1514/screen17gz.jpg

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/5306/screen53es.jpg

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/302/screen62fr.jpg

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/9626/render432bu.jpg

And those are just a few of them, still think its "impossible"?

-Gsccc

Plus total conversions just change content they dont add story or change maps, which is exactly what i am doing. :thumbsup:

You obviously have new clue what a total conversion is.

Well at JK2 forums that is what a total conversion is,

And it is a mute point that i dont konw what a total conversion is the fact is im not going to give up on this mod and its not going to die out like you say.

Please dont turn this into a personal attack, Its a mod and im going to complete it and i have completed some already.

-GSCCC

Yep, it's still impossible to finish. I've seen a million projects like this fall, because of internal differing mindsets of teams, because of time, because of the lack of effort, etc.

I'm not saying you should give up. I just don't believe into this project the slightest.

EDit: Look let's put this in context. The last conversion of this magnitude I saw getting finished was this: http://www.thief2x.com/ and it took almost 5 years.

kirottu said:

Yep, it's still impossible to finish. I've seen a million projects like this fall, because of internal differing mindsets of teams, because of time, because of the lack of effort, etc.

I'm not saying you should give up. I just don't believe into this project the slightest.

It seems pretty obvious that the guy likes modding for it's own reward, so there is certainly no harm in creating a mod. If you are coming down on him for posting here before it's complete, then you should bear in mind he was advertising for some team members.

Don't just rain on his parade because you're bored; that's not nice.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Well its a good thing i dont need your faith in me to complete this, fact still remains i HAVE done this before, there is nothing new in this, Kotor Modding is easy to do. This will be done regardless of weather or not "millions" of other projects like this have fallen.

EDIT:

EDit: Look let's put this in context. The last conversion of this magnitude I saw getting finished was this: http://www.thief2x.com/ and it took almost 5 years.

Well for one, im sure that they have not done 2 mods that size before.

2. That mod isnt for Kotor 2, the fact you think it is impossible shows that you obvioulsy know nothing of Kotor Moding, there have been pleanty of mods done on kotor, and the technology to do it is out there, its not hard at the slightest.