Dragonshard Single-Player demo

DemonKing

I tried the first level and it's pretty good - the monsters and treasure capture the D&D spirit quite well - especially the gelatinous cube.

Unfortunately the characters and units the player has it his disposal feel more like generic Warcraft type characters.

Also, is it possible to change the camera angle during gameplay?

Unfortunately the characters and units the player has it his disposal feel more like generic Warcraft type characters.

I disagree. They feel - to a certain extent - like clones of Warcraft characters. That female paladin would plug right into WoW. I was actually pretty pleased with the art - zooming in on models makes 'em purty.

The units lack personality - which both Warcraft and Dawn of War (WH 40k) have in spades. I don't recall any spoken acknowledgement of you giving them orders...hopefully that'll be in the retail version.

This could be a contender to Dawn of War / Warcraft III if they gave it another six months and the dev team had enough drive and juice to make some hard choices and polish it up good.

Generally not enough spells/abilities being used and I don't get a visceral reaction when I do use them. When my rogue hero uses his fan of knives skill I don't instant sense that I just did something really cool that did a lot of damage. Little things like this make a big difference in an RTS.