Geek Pride

Walsingham

Is it wrong to get worked up about the fact that the show Firefly got cancelled?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Well, I can't say I've ever watched Firefly longer than about 15 minutes, which was actually just long enough to think, "Hey that doctor guy kind of looks like Atton." :thumbsup:

However, I really don't see why it would be wrong to be upset over the show getting cancelled if you're a fan. Nothing at all wrong with being a geek. :- (in fact, I generally see geekiness as a bonus)

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

There is nothing wrong with being a geek.

But I accept that crappy TV will usually prevail, and good TV shows will be rare. Fox never advertised or marketed Firefly. No one said much about the show when it was on the air. So why be shocked that it was canceled?

And as much as I've heard about Firefly, everyone raves that Buffy and Angel were the greatest TV shows in the universe and I liked neither of them.

I'm dern proud to be a geek!

Angel wasn't so bad... :">

I only watched Firefly a few times. But seeing as how religiously I watch Stargate SG1 and Atlantis, I can understand where you're coming from. If they cancelled either one of those I think I'd lose it.

sig2.gif

Firefly is overrated, and I'm ashamed of my fellow geeks for liking it so much. :wub:

I like to watch shows with actual good acting; nut awful ones. Two episodes was enough for me.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Has anyone seen a TV-show called First Wave..? I think I saw half an episode of it last night, but I was so tired I'm not sure. Anyhow, it looked very geeky.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

crappy TV will usually prevail, and good TV shows will be rare.

Alas, that's about it.

It sucked when they cancelled Enterprise, despite all the haters and continuity nazis throwing a party worldwide.

Has anyone seen a TV-show called First Wave..? I think I saw half an episode of it last night, but I was so tired I'm not sure. Anyhow, it looked very geeky.

Yeah, I think I remember it. Didn't follow it though, and I don't really remember anything about it other than the name. :thumbsup:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

If I remember correctly that is the show where an alien invasion kills a woman and frames her husband for the murder. The husband named Foster something, escapes from an alien holding facility, and starts a one-man crusade against the aliens, using the prophecies of Nostradamus as his guide. I seem to recall having seen a few eps. :thumbsup:

Not the original name for France, Flatus. The word meaning 'nerve'. As in: I have the nerve to correct you. :p

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

One day Sci Fi had an eight hour First Wave marathon. I had never heard of the showbefore that, but I watched the majority of the eight hour marathon.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I loved Firefly, unfortunately, it was on at 3am where I live. However, I watched it on DVD and thought it was great. Looking forward to Serenity: The Firefly Movie coming out here in November, I think.

Not the original name for France, Flatus. The word meaning 'nerve'. As in: I have the nerve to correct you. :p

In that case you want "gall" :p

For example, I find it galling that you have the nerve to correct me when:

a) I was not in error

b) You failed to notice/mention the spelling mistake

:D

Hey, I was using the cheese-eating-surrender-monkey homonym connotation!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Given your sense of humour I am surprised you did not go for Whedon, Ender.

I like Firefly a huge amount, for the characters, and particularly for the 'hobnailed' morality the hero uses. Nothing fancy. It's a lot of fun.

And yes, geek pride, brother.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Nothing wrong with being upset that it was cancelled. I never saw the show until I bought it on DVD but after seeing the first couple episodes I was upset that it was cancelled. Its my all time favorite TV show, and I never even saw it on TV.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I have a friend who's still livid about Farscape. I've never seen it, but she says it's awesome and such.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!