F.E.A.R. Demo Coming

alanschu

IGN has an article stating that F.E.A.R. is getting a demo this Friday.

The demo will offer a single level featuring "intense and exhilarating action" and "pulse-quickening paranormal chills." Sounds pretty good to us.

Hype for a demo release now? What's the world coming to??? :)

Still, the trailer for this game looked super cool, and I'm eager to try out the demo :D

Hmmm, I was considering a Cpt. Obvious pic for that statement...but I suppose there is a chance that someone hasn't heard of the game, so I'll let it go (plus I plan on reserving it for myself, or really, really, really, REALLY, obvious posts).

For those that are unaware, IGN has a whole bunch of first looks and whatnot about the game.

What is it about a little girl with no expression on her face as being the defacto most terrifying thing I can think of. I imagine Satan him(her?)self is portrayed as an expressionless little girl that walks in a creepy manner.

She creeps me out :)

Reminds me of Dakota Fanning :)

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Hmmm, I was considering a Cpt. Obvious pic for that statement...but I suppose there is a chance that someone hasn't heard of the game, so I'll let it go (plus I plan on reserving it for myself, or really, really, really, REALLY, obvious posts).

For those that are unaware, IGN has a whole bunch of first looks and whatnot about the game.

What is it about a little girl with no expression on her face as being the defacto most terrifying thing I can think of.  I imagine Satan him(her?)self is portrayed as an expressionless little girl that walks in a creepy manner.

She creeps me out :lol:

Satan is beautiful.

You never suspect the Angel of Light!

And creepy little girls are so blase.

Is this a game like Silent Hill? The idea of a suspense/horror game intrigues me. Silent Hill 4 was quite a disappointment.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I expect it to be a lot more action oriented than Silent Hill was.

From what I understand, you're part of a F.E.A.R. team (First Encounter Assault Recon.....I think they were just looking for something to fit the Acronym!) responding to a call of paranormal creepiness. It looks like a good chunk of commando type combat against more humanish enemies at times, but at the same time you see some absolutely creepy shyte. The girl takes the cake.

I can totally see myself crapping my drawers once I see her just because of what [little] I know about her :thumbsup:

And GoA, the haunted house scared me too. Best level in recent memory. I quit playing because it was 3 in the morning when I got to that level. I played it at noon the next day and it was still scary :D

I'm a wussy.  Horror games freak me out.  One of the reasons I had to use the console cheat the second time through V:tMB in that haunted house.  :thumbsup:

What cheat? I hate that damn house :">

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

I was looking forward to Undying, but never played it after everyone panned it.

It was suitable spooky.

I remember watching my friend run in front of a mirror as we posed jumping up and down laughing with a giant scythe in our hands....then we both noticed a shadowy figure hovering over our shoulders.....we both looked at each other and then turned around but by that time he was gone.

It was classic :D

Guest Fishboot
I remember watching my friend run in front of a mirror as we posed jumping up and down laughing with a giant scythe in our hands....then we both noticed a shadowy figure hovering over our shoulders.....we both looked at each other and then turned around but by that time he was gone.

What makes mirror effects in video games so terrifying? I remember some mirror scares in RE2 and Doom 3 that nearly killed me - stuff that makes you throw your mouse (or controller) across the room.

I think it's because you realize that there IS something behind you :p

The licker jumping through the mirror in RE2 scared the bejebus out of me. Mostly because I had been in the other side SO many times already, so I just figured it was empty. And then to go grab the plug and walk and the suddenly.........

OH CERLKJADJOI@J!kl1lkj423l5 <- My reaction.

Damn wussies. :(

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I'm a wussy.  Horror games freak me out.  One of the reasons I had to use the console cheat the second time through V:tMB in that haunted house.  :thumbsup:

There's a console cheat (I forget the exact thing to enter in the cheat box) that lets you "float" through the floor and trigger specific things so you can retrieve the amulet (or whatever it was you were supposed to get) and trigger the various "needed" items without having to actually travel the house.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I'm a wussy.  Horror games freak me out.  One of the reasons I had to use the console cheat the second time through V:tMB in that haunted house.  :rolleyes:

There's a console cheat (I forget the exact thing to enter in the cheat box) that lets you "float" through the floor and trigger specific things so you can retrieve the amulet (or whatever it was you were supposed to get) and trigger the various "needed" items without having to actually travel the house.

'noclip'.

It's a Half Life/Source Engine cheat. :)

What makes mirror effects in video games so terrifying? I remember some mirror scares in RE2 and Doom 3 that nearly killed me - stuff that makes you throw your mouse (or controller) across the room.

:( I did that exact thing the first time i found the mirror in Doom3 shortly after the invasion.

In fact i regularly do that in Doom3, and end up throwing my [wireless :)] mouse down the back of my computer desk because of some random shmoe jumping out in front of me :)

I dont know what it is, but in horror games, you just seem to be on edge most of the time, then when something just jumps out, it still scares the crap out of you!!