Favorite british comedy shows...

random evil guy

Black Adder, of course, series 2 being my favourite.

The Office (English version - I saw a bit of the US version on the net, but it just wasn't the same).

Spaced - because it reminds me of my own life ten years ago.

Coupling I like even though for some reason I view it as a guilty pleasure.

Almost forgot Drop the Dead Donkey, which is now on DVD I think.

Also I used to love Not the Nine O'Clock News and Alas Smith & Jones.

Strangely though, The Young Ones never did much for me.

Benny Hill.

Even if it's only for Hills Angels :thumbsup:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Come on people!

Surely you know nothing beats Fawlty Towers.

"Well, may I ask what you were hoping to see out of a Torquay bedroom window? The Sydney Opera House, perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeeste sweeping majestically across the plains?"

:D

manthing2.jpg

Come on people!

Surely you know nothing beats Fawlty Towers

"Well, may I ask what you were hoping to see out of a Torquay bedroom window? The Sydney Opera House, perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeeste sweeping majestically across the plains?"

:D

Manuel: Qu

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Everyone's choosing TV shows, but as I'm a radio fan I'll do both:

TV

Father Ted (including probably my favourite joke ever, now in my sig :D

Yes Minister/Yes Prime Minister

Rory Bremner

Goodness Gracious Me!

Up Pompeii

Radio

Round the Horne I'm listening to it for the first time, forty years after it was made, and it's still hilarious. :thumbsup:

Beachcomber By the Way

Radioactive

Hinge and Brackett

Radio 9

Life without BBC7 would have no meaning. :D

Edit: And (belatedly) I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue, of course. :">

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

monty python (of course :lol: )

black books

bottom

fawlty towers

the young ones

blackadder

father ted (my name is doug, so i've gotten used to being called father dougal :cool: )

i can't think of any others right now :(

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

We didnt get all of them in Sweden(like Ive never seen "The fast show") but me list is like:

1. Monty Pythons flying circus (undisputed master, ruler and king of them all)

In no particular order:

Little Britain

Black Adder medieval variant

The young ones & the rest like Filthy, Rich and catflap.. Bottom etc.

French & Saunders

Red Dwarf(although the early ones were crap)

Ive probably forgot about 80% of them.

...I dont like The Office type humour. Its like how we had a run of shows in Sweden who followed that comedy genre of "not really funny".

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I have to say that I thought Little Britain was just damn awful. I don't hate recurring character skit comedy, but for God's sake Little Britian is recurring joke comedy. I found myself watching several shows just out of sheer disbelief.

Black Adder was certainly good. sometimes wildly inaccurate. Sometimes wildly accurate.

"the real reason for the whole thing was that it was too much effort *not* to have a war."

My favourite recent comedy has to be Black Books. Which is odd, because it clearly the favourite comedy of someone else with access to my study, since my copies of all three series have gone missing *eyes assembled personages suspiciously*.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

There's no point me posting my list since I know I'll forget some and have a total ' :- ' moment...

I like most of the shows that have been mentioned though... although, I don't think any one has mentioned "Porridge"

DL

[color=gray][i]OO-TINI![/i][/color]

Little Britain is just a dumbed-down version of The League of Gentlemen. Some of the skits are so obviously rip-offs it's embarrassing. I think the radio version of Little Britain was good, but find the TV series barely watchable. The League of Gentlemen pulls off the gothic funny/creepy thing very successfully, and is definitely worth watching.

I never liked Blackadder that much. It had some good moments, but tended to do the same joke again and again as well.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I too forgot a show (and I noticed that no one else mentioned it) called 'Bremner, Bird and Fortune'...

I'm not sure if you get it anywhere other than the UK though... it was a cool political satire :wub:

DL

[color=gray][i]OO-TINI![/i][/color]

Rory Bremner was great back in the day and he is an awesome impressionist. However I find B,B&F to be too far up its own rectum to be funny.

The first two series of LoG were awesome; the third series was so-so and the film... well that should just be erased from existence. Little Britain is well past its sell by date. Rock Profiles is better IMO.