New Might & Magic game unveiled at GC?

funcroc

http://www.gamer.nl/nieuws/27234

Translated by Babel Fish

Ubisoft reveal new Might & Magic game on GC

Ubisoft its programme for the games has confessed Convention in Leipzig made. The French editor there of 17 up to 21 augusts present will be with a score of no less than 500 square meters. Then among other things King Kong, Far Cry instinct, Brothers in arm: Earned in Blood, Rainbow Six Lockdown and Darkwatch is performable form present is. Also Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter and Prince or Persia: make Kindred of the European debuut there their.

Ubisoft on the score also a new game from the doeken will do. This a new game will become in the Might & Magic universum, probably in the style of the RPG's with which this range, which already nine parts count, large have become. On which platform we can expect this game, it has been not yet confessed. Still a couple weeks and we will know it!

It looks like an Actual Might and Magic title!!! The Role Playing Game franchise lives! LIVES!!! YES! Often have I prayed to the Gods of gaming and now they have heard my voice from their lofty seats upon mount Olympus! Pay heed, friends, good times are upon us!

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

It looks like an Actual Might and Magic title!!!  The Role Playing Game franchise lives!  LIVES!!!  YES!  Often have I prayed to the Gods of gaming and now they have heard my voice from their lofty seats upon mount Olympus!  Pay heed, friends, good times are upon us!

It might be interesting for the game to start high-technology and then blend in fantasy instead of the other way around. The last 3 games had that.. well, Im not sure about 9, never finished it.

WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE.

Might and Magic IX was the work of Satan. I say let it burn in fiery bowels of hell.

Might and Magic X is the future. It will hearken back to the days of World of Xeen, Might and Magic VI, and Might and Magic VII. I see great things in the future if only Might and Magic X can see the light of day!

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

ALL of the M&M games had a techie portion. it was their "thing" i suppose. i did not like it, personally. 6 was good, 7 wasn't bad, 8 started to suck and 9 blew chunks. unfortunately, the engine technology BARELY changed from 6 through 9... pitiful since that spanned 5 years or so.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Actually, they changed engines for Might and Magic IX. Unfortunately, they didn't have enough experience with the new engine and so the graphics were actually worse for IX than they were for VI-VIII. I didn't much like VIII, but IX was absolutely terrible. It was actually embarassing.

The idea that there might be a new Might and Magic implies someone is willing to spend the money to revive the series. 3DO was ailing at the end, using the New World titles to bolster bad decisions.... much like IP used BIS.

Obsidian Plays

I liked Might and Magic 2 through World of Xeen.

The mighty Wizardy creator turned around and gave us the steaming pile of Dungeon Siege years later. I don't know that classic dungeon crawl creators know how to make good games today.

And didn't James Cavenaugh or whatever his name was go to Midway and work with Sawyer last I heard? How is in charge of the Might and Magic franchise now.

The world just ended. I thought all along that Arkane was working on Arx 2 for Source. Not this...abomination.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Dark Messiah of Might & Magic puts players in a first-person perspective, allowing them to immerse themselves in the legendary Might and Magic universe as never before.

Did they not get the memo from NWC when they bought the franchise? M&M games have been in 1st person since about 1985.

Anyhow, FPSs don't interest me.

Don't let despair overwhelm you! There's some good news on the Through the Looking Glass boards:

The game looks to be very Arx-like. It's an RPG with stats - not as many as Arx, but there. World interaction looks very HL2ish, which makes sense.

As I've said elsewhere,

This will be an RPG, similar to Arx, but much, much bigger.

This is M&M in name only. It's something new.

There is no gesture mouse spell system.

Arx 2 is not dead.

Press releases are silly and say silly things.

I've seen many videos of this game in action, so if there's any confusion, I can offer some help.

Because Arx Fatalis was a real rpg.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Indeed.

kirottu said:

Don't get me wrong, I trust Dan(and Saam to an extent), but I want an rpg set in the rather original dungeon world of Arx, not an fps set in a setting which interests me nil.

Postaisit useammin. T

kirottu said:

Don't get me wrong, I trust Dan(and Saam to an extent), but I want an rpg set in the rather original dungeon world of Arx, not an fps set in a setting which interests me nil.

Er, what do we know about the setting? DN says it will be a M&M game in name only, which, to me, gives a good reason to believe that Arkane might very well be developing something as atmospheric and refreshing as the world of Arx.

Postaisit useammin. T

They were made by different teams.

kirottu said: