Counterstrike Anyone?

I've been playing CS on and off for the past few years, I haven't touched it for a few months though, not since BF2 came out (and subsequently when my rig broke down). My highlights would have to be shooting a lot of people in one round and not dying, especially with the noob cannon.

CS is great if you have a good server to play on, just like every decent shooter.

Edit - I play on the PCZone server in the UK, the people there are fun to play with and there's a good mix of player skill so you can actually make the top end of the board with a little skill. Also, no sniper rifles are allowed - this may be a major factor, actually.

We now bring you live footage from the World Championship Staring Final.

staringcontest8og.gif

You do know how to use the Delete Thread -function?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

So true.

Though you have to note that it was one of the more powerful rifles, with the longest range.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I always love how the AWP was the "n00b" cannon, when the only people I ever saw do really well with it were in fact, really good players.

I was talking about the auto-shotgun, I thought that was the noob-cannon. I've heard it called that a few times, usually after a lucky streak of shottie death. The sniper rifle isn't for noobs and it's not a cannon.

We now bring you live footage from the World Championship Staring Final.

staringcontest8og.gif

Meh, I heard people call the AWP the n00b cannon because for the most part it's one shot kill.

I personally feel that the autoshotgun sucks ass, and I much prefer the pump action shotty. I've been a fan of the MP5 and the M4 since beta 2. Although in beta 4 I used the P90 like everyone else. People often considered the P90 to be the beta 5 weapon, but that's only because everyone started using it in beta 4 because of it being a full auto sniper rifle with a huge magazine. My friend and I would always beat up on P90s with our MP5s in beta 5.

I was also a big fan of the G3/SG-1 until they nerfed it. That gun used to be absolutely amazing.

the real N00b cannon is the freaking machine gun. just run into a room hose it down and you've got a bunch of kills.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

The m249?

I consider that the crappiest gun for it's price.

It's hard to control, and takes 12 years to reload. I only buy the para when I'm bored and want to screw around. For as much as it costs, other guns are way better.

The best example is any server....where people don't buy the para.

The noob cannon is indeed the autoshotgun. The awp believe it or not does take some skill to use although I dont use it because I really suck with it. I would prefer to use the autosniper but it seems to get people really ticked off so I dont use it. I prefer to go with the m4 or an ak with a deagle as my backup ( or in some cases my primary weapon for close range brutality ). I hate when I get flashed and naded so I dont even use them so it makes me a worse player I guess because you can get a lot more kills from flashing and rushing into a group of people who are blind and firing wildly and running around. I also dont use the grenades unless the server has a grenade script that sends players flying and sometimes falling to their death. I am a CSS addict although I gave it up last weekend when my mom passed away. I was also going to stop getting on these forums but I decided that quitting the games was enough so here I am.

I tried playing the original CS but it never did much for me, but started playing a bit with the advent of CS:S.

I find it a bit lacking compared to most FPS games out there - no toggle crouch, prone, sprint etc, and the whole pre-round shopping expedition thing sucks, also the game is a bit unforgiving for new players - although mysteriously my scores have increased a bit now I only play on Valve Anti-Cheat secured servers. :thumbsup:

Saying that, the underlying engine is nice and I hope that DOD will take the HL2 engine to the next level.