Souvenirs

Atreides

Think of a (realistic) souvenir from a place which is not obvious but representative of it nevertheless.

For example I'd want a cowboy hat (black with silver like Carrie's on Mythbusters) if I visited Texas.

I'd get a wind chime and a wooden rice-digger spoon from Japan.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

I have a bottle of Romulan Ale sitting in my refrigerator from when I went to the Star Trek Experience at the Las Vegas Hilton. Nice show, too. If you ever go there make certain to get a Warp Core Breach from Quarks Bar.

WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE.

You have to get a knife scar in your belly, from a Mexcian bar-fighter. A souvenir you can talk about.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Okay, apart from the questionable nature of the topic, which inclined me to participate in the thread, I only have one question: Why would you go to Asia to get a mail-order bride? Don't they usually come in the mail?

I'd like to have a scar on my hand from breaking a bottle on someone. Actually, I have that souvenir. :D

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Scars rock. I'd really like a big facial scar. Couldn't hurt in meetings.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I heart [insert place name here] t-shirts. The epitome of taste.

Judging by your avatar, I believe you mean that. :D

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Ze weathzer in Paris is good zis time of year, I hear.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Pixie, what's gotten into you? You know you can only spam on-topic in the off-topic forum? You don't want prune your posts as a souvenir, do you? Doofus. :D

Of course, you might be saying that Paris is your souvenir, but that's a pretty hefty claim, my friend.

Obsidian Plays

Pixie, what's gotten into you?  You know you can only spam on-topic in the off-topic forum?  You don't want prune your posts as a souvenir, do you?  Doofus.  :D

Of course, you might be saying that Paris is your souvenir, but that's a pretty hefty claim, my friend.

Well, ze world is, how you say, my oyster.

Also, I hear zey have good patistrie boulangery in Paris.

Or perhaps just one of zose barrets...

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I like postcards, because they don't take up much space...and you can turn an entire wall into a postcard showcase. :D

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

If I ever go to Romania, Baley will be my souvenir.  I will smuggle him in a duffel bag while using him as a drug mule.

Wouldn't that negate his use as a mule, and make you liable for trafficking and kidnapping? (Not to mention importing a dangerous substance: pure spamorama.)

Anyways, let's see ... how about Malaria from an equatorial country?

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

If I ever go to Romania, Baley will be my souvenir.  I will smuggle him in a duffel bag while using him as a drug mule.

Wouldn't that negate his use as a mule, and make you liable for trafficking and kidnapping? (Not to mention importing a dangerous substance: pure spamorama.)

Anyways, let's see ... how about Malaria from an equatorial country?

A. I would take Baley, and if I could not force his consent, I would drug him into giving me consent.

B. Trafficking is a greater offense than smuggling immigrants.

C. They never suspect the smuggled immigrants to be drug mules too!

This topic has outlived all usefulness. tsk tsk tsk.

Please send all grateful messages to ELdar@lockedtopics.com.

Obsidian Plays