NHL is back

Cantousent

Isn't Tommy Salo a Swedish Elite Demi-god?  Since Salo is (was?) only an above average goaltender in the NHL, Kipper being good there isn't saying much.  Let it just be known that I predicted Kipper would not be stellar at the start of the season.  I do believe that he will improve as the year goes on, as long as the Flames don't try and play him through slumps.

No, actually he's not. Ever since that fumble where Salo let in a puck from the redline against Belarussia in the World Cup, he's been more of a joke in Sweden. He even retired a few months back because he thought everybody hated him. But he's back now in the best team in Sweden, after they lost Henrik Lundquist to the Rangers.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Oh, and I just noticed that the Leafs won't play another gam until Thursday! That's quite a long rest. Let's hope Sundin is back by then.. >_<)

You know I was just saying to myself 'self, you need Jagr to score a couple goals tonight for your pool' . He just put two down in less than five minutes.

Howcome that doesn't work when I do it for Radek Dvorak?

I think Nashville is really taking steps in the right direction. At least nowadays they have someone to cover when Scott Walker goes down with his annual injury. Ryan Suter will be a blue chipper one day, but I'm a little worried that Marek Zidlicky could be the next Andy Delmore. Dddddeeeeeellllllmooooooorrrre......

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

With Kris Draper joining the ever growing list of injury by face/puck/ouch, do you think the PA will allow the mandate on visors? As much as it sucks to lose a player to injury, don't the visors themselves lend , um...themselves to injury? I vaguely remember Marian Hossa having a case of f/p/o but his visor smashed and cut him up real good? And how many times have you seen a high stick just ride up underneath the sheild. Maybe in a decade or so when the last of the old-schoolers are gone they'll just switch to facemasks again, or maybe something like Master Cheifs rig, hey that would be cool... :)

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

How many games is it now for the Oilers? 4?

It's typical that when the Leafs were on a roll, the schedule suddenly lets up and gives them four days off. Now watch Lindros and Allison get back on thursday looking like Beef Tkachuk.

What, you don't have tix for tonight, Alanschu?

Nah...they were impossible to get. Plus I had an essay to do for today (which I finished at around 4 AM! :thumbsup:).

I am going to the Colorado game on Friday though. There was some good things this game, but still need that 60 minute effort.

Wow, I'd say damage to your eye is much worse than damage to your orbital bone.

And it is the Oilers fourth loss, Mkreku, but at least we took a point home. Which still puts us ahead of ...Calgary :-" and a point behind your beloved Leafs.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Craig MacTavish sounds like he's about had enough. I think the words 'bag skate' should be on the practice board until the team can play a full sixty minutes of hockey without forgetting their brains in their other helmets.

And after piddling through three to four games a night this week, tomorrow features two thirds of the league in action. And I have to work late. This sux.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Yeah, come to Toronto, pick up like.. $4 million per year, play 7 games and then retire. Not that I'd think Sakic would do such a thing, but Toronto and veterans just don't mix.

And I hate Nolan!

Phew!! Toronto beat Carolina 5-4 in overtime! That's four wins in a row!

It's good to be a Leaf, even though the captain is out indefinitely. ;))

Edit: Ovechkin 2 more goals tonite.. from shooting 10 shots! :shifty:

Edited by mkreku