NHL is back

Cantousent

And my Edmonton Oilers lost another battle in the war with the Dallas Stars. It was not as bloody or violent as tonights Toronto/Atlanta matchup, but a solid game nonetheless.

Saturday the Oilers face off against the Flames. Hopefully Craig MacTavish will start Jussi instead of Ty Conklin, and maybe the team will come out with a little more emotion for the first half of the game.

And Sportsnet.ca has a free fantasy league where you pick your players weekly to compete for prizes.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Thanks Mkreku, I have a new banner for my hockey pool website now. Speaking of which, does anyone have a pic of Pat Quinn with his raccoon eyes?

And that is a nasty picture. What really creeps me out is how his left eye is a fair bit lower than his right. Man thats gotta hurt.

And the fallout from last nights Leafs/Thrashers game continues... o:)

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/shownews.jsp?content=h101519A

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

That's very sad to hear, but Brett Hull isn't the kind of guy to be a role-player. He's a goal scorer, plain and simple. He was one of the greatest snipers to play the game. If he doesn't feel he can score, he probably isn't enjoying the game.

It's a big loss, but I think he'll stick around. He might go into management with the Coyotes or some other team. Hopefully he won't disappear, because other than Roenick, he's one of the only vocal guys in the NHL.

I can't believe how good rookie Alexander Steen is playing. He's now got points in 5 straight games! He's getting plenty of ice-time by Quinn (who is known for his love of veteran players), he plays well on the power play AND the penalty kill. He's developing into a clone of his father, the great two-way player Thomas Steen. And it helps that I really like his playing style.. :) Like a small Ovechkin (except better on defence).

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Ha! I laugh at all the people who picked Hull in the hockey pool. I'm actually suprised he made it into game shape and didn't go the way of Keith Tkachuk. Someone at work was at a charity golf function during the lockout and saw Hull.

They said he looked like a bloated water buffalo.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Actually now that I've had a few minutes to digest this I guess its a bad thing all around. Phoeinx loses, as does Hull. And as much as I dislike Hull for lighting it up against the Oilers for a few years you can't deny that he was one of the greats when it came to goal scoring and running your mouth.

You also can't forget his glory years in St.Louis playing alongside Adam Oates. I mean ****, he scored 80 some odd goals one year and hit 70 a few times to boot.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Third win in a row for the Leafs (two last ones on the road!), and Lindros is HOTTTTT!!!

Two goals and one hell of a game from him. Woo!

And why does Mikka Kiprusoff pick tonight to start acting like a goalie again? ...storms off to don rally caps...

And to boot Raffi Torres catches a puck with his face. And bleeds!!

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

some one just posed a question in the Oilers forum:

'what did Pronger do? he was booed every time he touched the puck!'

'my brother figures they see the 44 and think its Bertuzzi'

:)

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

'what did Pronger do? he was booed every time he touched the puck!'

'my brother figures they see the 44 and think its Bertuzzi'

Probably the same reason they booed Jovanovski in the preseason

he's a big name player, and you always gotta pick on a player at a game, so no better then Pronger

Play of the game was totally the save on Hemsky. Oilers pot that and they cut the lead to one, and gain some momentum. Kiprusoff's save was just a slap in the face.

Hemsky should have passed it into the net rather than shooting it maybe :wacko:

Maybe Kiprusoff is a great goalie after all and not a one-season wonder?

He used to play in the Swedish Elite League and was awesome there..

Isn't Tommy Salo a Swedish Elite Demi-god? Since Salo is (was?) only an above average goaltender in the NHL, Kipper being good there isn't saying much. Let it just be known that I predicted Kipper would not be stellar at the start of the season. I do believe that he will improve as the year goes on, as long as the Flames don't try and play him through slumps.

Ha!  I laugh at all the people who picked Hull in the hockey pool.  I'm actually suprised he made it into game shape and didn't go the way of Keith Tkachuk.  Someone at work was at a charity golf function during the lockout and saw Hull.

They said he looked like a bloated water buffalo.

He's a traitor. Born and raised in Canada, gets US citizenship and plays for team USA. BOOOOO!

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg