NHL is back

Cantousent

I don't really think Marleau will ever be a top notch scorer. He flashes moments of brilliance, and he gets on good streaks, but he's never shown consistency. I'm happy that he's not a defensive liability, and when he gets hot, the Sharks win.

I think Marco Sturm and Alyn McCauly have better chances of being breakout players. They've managed to consistently improve every year that they've been in the league. I'm also waiting on Brad Stuart to become the next Al Macinnis.

Sharks just have depth, they really don't have any unbelievable talent. They've built themselves to mirror the Devils.

Holy crap, I just looked at the results tonight and I noticed that my favourite rookie this year (Ovechkin) has 3 goals and 1 assist against Pittsburgh! Holy crap. I hope you guys have him in your pool.

Edit: I am drunk.

Edited by mkreku

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Am I the only one on the site who plays hockey?

Nope, I think at least me, Hurlshot and Kor Qel Droma plays in real life too.

I play Ice in San Jose. It's actually become really popular. We play at the Sharks practice facilities, and they just built a 4th rink at the complex. They are also building a bar that overlooks three of the rinks, which seems like the most awesome idea ever.

I wasn't dying without the NHL last season, because I think playing is a thousand times better than watching.

I'm flattered that you think I actually play hockey, but the closest I come to it is street games and occasionally we play a little two on two in the back room at work during the night crew shift.

Skating is my nemesis.

I guess I should motor, I'm having my first NHL party tonight, and my place needs some serious cleaning.

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Am I the only one on the site who plays hockey?

Nope, I think at least me, Hurlshot and Kor Qel Droma plays in real life too.

I play hockey as well, though these days, not as much as I used to. I've played for approx 20 years, since I was about 6-7. But I'm Canadian, so no suprise there, eh!

I wonder if Ovechkin is getting used to the NHL by now? He has 1 goal and 1 assist so far tonight. Against the Flyers.

I'm betting he will be fun to watch this year!

Edit: Ok, make that 1 goal 2 assists. That's 7 points in his last 2 games :lol:

Edited by mkreku

As much as I despise the Leafs, they are looking like a really good team tonight against Detroit. Allison is playing and being effective. Lindros has a bit more energy, and Czerwakaski( sorry) scored an absolutely beautiful backhand goal.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Two straight wins against the Red Wings in two days! Yeah, Toronto is doing good when both Allison and Lindros are playing. Now we'll just have to wait and see how many games they'll actually be in the line-up together. I'm guessing 30 games and I'm being optimistic.. :thumbsup:

Good news for Canadian hockey fans... the strike at the CBC appears to be over, as an agreement in principle seems to have been reached. Heard it on the radio on my way home from work. As one man said, "Time for Don Cherry to dust off his sports coats."

Now all they gotta do is bring back Stumpy.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Hockey pool sheets are pouring in today. At work we've extended the deadline till the end of my shift tomorrow. It's not a lot of fun entering those bastards in. Looks like I'll be spending the night before the puck drops glued to my computer for five or six hours. But its totally worth it.

50 hours and counting.

And I just realized hockey will conflict with LOST... :p

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

ugh, 39 entries entered into the pool after problems logging in. Wrists sore. Eyes watery. Stomach rumbling. But smiling still... :)

And of the thirtynine entries only one person picked Patrick Elias. Ditto for Cory Stillman. There is a hell of a lot of Bertuzzis and Iginlas being picked.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I watched that clip a few weeks ago. I didnae care for it that much. I don't mind watching a decent scrap every once in a blue moon, but that was just silly. Reminds me of that world juniors from waaaaaaay back between Canada and Russia(?).

23 hours!!!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Let's start some predictions...

Sharks over Nashville 5-2

Vancouver over Phoenix 3-1

Edmonton over Colorado 4-3

Pittsburgh over NJ 3-1

Columbus over Washington 5-1

LA over Dallas 3-2

Anahiem over Chicago 2-1

That's all I've got time for.