NHL is back

Cantousent

Modano went to Dallas. For 5 more years!

Rangers got Martin Straka :| I don't know why, but I kind of expected him to go to Penguins.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I hope this all these free agents are completely signed by the end of August so I can get started with my hockeypool sheet. If Ziggy Palffy resigns with LA, I think I have my bread and butter in the pool this year .

And I saw on sportsnet that Jason Allison is a physical away from joining the Leafs. This season just keeps getting better. You have the new old timer team ( Florida) , an Czech team entry ( NYR) , and enough player transactions to make your head spin. Go hockey!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Its probably because they are a little more professional. Personally, I prefer the Score for its ticker, but I like sportsnets' programming better. 20 Cubs games this summer plus the Oilers, Hooah!!

Does ESPN even give a nut about hockey. And do you get ESPN in Edmonton?

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

WOOHOO!

The local radio station has reported that Naslund has/will re-signed with the Canucks. They'll probably announce it tomorrow. No terms or anything released yet.

Guess we're out of the Neidermeyer race, but that's OK.

I don't get ESPN television, but I don't watch much TV. I check TSN and ESPN's websites for the most part.

As for Pronger....I think that's a good deal. Brewer's development seemed to be stagnating in Edmonton, and Edmonton can have some pretty stupid fans. But Edmonton has a weak power play, and Pronger can do that job up on the point. He's also a fantastic defensive player, and a born leader who can perform night in and night out. He'll probably enjoy the amount of playing time he gets in Edmonton :thumbsup:

A lot of people leaving comments about the trade are kind of silly. They talk about trading 3 defencement for 1....apparently forgetting that Edmonton had 7 defensemen regularly dressed for every game. They were overflowing with defencemen.

Everyone seems to have also forgotten Jason Smith, Igor Ulanov (who shines in Edmonton...I bet he gets re-signed), Marc-Andre Bergeron, Alexei Semenov (dude is huge!), Steve Staios, and Scott Ferguson. Cory Cross is also in there. Edmonton has plenty of solid roleplayer defensemen. They needed the one that could lead them on the powerplay and just lead the whole blue line altogether. Brewer wasn't panning out as much as we were hoping.

It might help the power play make it into the middle of the pack, but will the Oil have a glaring hole on defense if Pronger goes down? And Eric Brewer never did seem to live up to the hype. I mean, did he hit ten goals in any of his seasons in Edmonton? I still think Ralfaski would have been a good fit.

Scott Ferguson is no longer with the team. Who do you think should pair up with Pronger? I'd leave Smith and Uly together. And Cory Cross might seem expendable out of all of the group. So maybe Staios would be an ideal partner? Then again , you could split up the offensive guys and have them pinching while the stay at home defencemen do their thing. Cool questions, hopefully they have a press conference today sometime.

Somehow 4.6 million doesn't seem like as much as it used to in the NHL. Hopefully this brings down the price of Neidermeyer for the Canucks... :)

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Maybe Neidermeyer will be like "Holy fark, Pronger in Edmonton...I'll play there for 2 mill!" :)" ;)

Where did Ferguson go? He's not listed under any trades, isn't on the NHL's official free agent list, and is still on TSN's, ESPN's, and the NHL's rendition of the Oilers' roster.

I could be wrong, but I remember the Oil letting him go after the 03/04 season. Incidentally, Fergie shares the same agent as Neidermeyer, and I watched an interview with the guy today and he said he actually has a few teams looking at Feguson. If this is true or not, I don't know.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Where are you finding all this information about Modano and Allison?

http://hockeyrumors.blogspot.com/

But they're only rumours.. as it turned out, they were celebrating a bit early in Dallas. Modano is NOT signed yet.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!