Counterstrike Question

alanschu

I'm just curios what's the latest version of Half-Life you can download without getting Steam? I've seen 1.1.1.0 which should be sufficient.

Alternatively, what's the latest version of Counterstrike that will run on 1.1.1.0?

I just say in the stores the Half Life Platinum Pack is still being sold. I don't know if update servers will still update old-school Half Life.

Countrer Strike 1.6 can only be played via Steam. So I imagine the last version of non-Steam Counter Strike is 1.5 something.

Yeah, I have 1.5 working with Half-Life version 1.1.1.0

A friend wants to have a guys weekend together as a pre-bachelor party for himself, and it's going to include a LAN on Friday, with paintball on Saturday. I haven't gone to a LAN in like 3 years, so it should be fun.

But I want to get Half-Life working since it has a few games in one, plus counterstrike and it should be easy enough with the 10 or so people we have coming.

Other games we're considering are Serious Sam and Action Quake 2. Perhaps it's just because we have good LAN memories with those games, but few other games scream LAN. Plus older games seem to be easier to play without everyone bringing their own copy of the game :ph34r:

I hated when counterstrike was the rage. Mainly because people would wander off ingame and not use any tactics what so ever. Also there "teh r0xx0r snipah man" who tries to get all his kills with the Magnum.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

And I never was able to get oneonone time with a good fps so I sucked at it. It also just got repetitive (dedust was the major one)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

24 hours is nothing compared to my 41 hours of no sleep this past weekend when my mother passed away. I used to play Counterstrike: Source before the incident. Its a very fun and addictive game. I never played 1.5 or 1.6 but I know a lot of people who said the older versions were better. If anyone has CSS and wants to play a little just send me a personal message and I might pick it back up sometime and play.