KOTOR 2

I don't care if it is Kotor 2, or not. I have a feeling that it will be something very good, anyway.

I tell you what I would love the most KOTOR 2 to have:

-An engine which makes possible the creation of greater areas.

-Better implementation of arcade style sequences. The ability to fight as a fighter pilot in a big space battle. The ability to mount rontos, tontons, and swoops.

-A more segmented plot, with much room to personal exploration, with a not so obvious main plot. Yes, let it be epic, and with turnovers, but give the feeling that you had some choices and control over your destiny. (For example, the ability to make an early choice on which side do you want to play, having a totally different path.)

-As it been mentioned before: let the player play as any class from beginning to the end.

I know, all these features would make the scripting of the main plot much harder, and possibly they would prove to be detrimental to that epic SW movie feeling ...

I am telling these knowing the current market ... I hope with all my heart that developers will surprize us with some new and exciting approach nobody yet thought of.

Trust me I'm pretty sure it's going to be KOTOR 2 , and If its not Ill eat my words.

Why does everybody hate KOTOR , this game was amazing in everyway.

It isn't that we hate the game, I would rather see them do something different (INCLUDING another Star Wars RPG) but not bother continuing on with the very closed story that KotoR had. They could do a sequal with an entirely different story, but then there would be little point in naming it KotoR 2.

I would also honestly hope that a new companies first game was NOT a sequal to another companies game. That would be one of the worst starts for a company IMO.

Boss: You're fired.

Me: Ummm will you let me have my job if I dance for you?

Boss: No, I don't think so-

Me: JUST LET ME DANCE

*Dances*

As I stated when I first post , for this game to be a success it can not be a direct sequal to KOTOR or else there digging for a story that is just not there. It should be set in the STAR WARS galaxy many years later and can be named something else. (I just say KOTOR 2 so it relates to the original masterpiece)

I didn't like Knights of the Old Republic. I thought it was simplistic, preachy, and shallow. Also, most of the NPCs suffered from an ennui that was both self-regarding and overwrought; travelling with them became a real burden. Nor were we permitted the psychological satisfaction of turning to the Dark Side, since in this game to be evil meant no more than to be petty.

But that's my rant, and I'm obviously in the minority. For those who did like the game, please don't assume that the above paragraph implies a criticism of your taste. I'm perfectly happy to admit that my standards are not only high but quirky.

Nevertheless, I'm relatively sanguine about the chances KOTOR2 has for being a good game. My essential problem with the first game is that it was poorly written and poorly imagined; but Chris Avellone is, as proved by Torment, an intelligent and imaginative writer. If he (and, of course, the rest of the talented Obsidian staff) is given the necessary freedom, then the Star Wars universe should provide an excellent playground, and one I will look forward to.

In fact, if KOTOR2 stays in line with its predecessor's heavy concentration on plot and character, then this could turn out to be the Torment 2 we (or at least some of us) have been waiting for.

I dont really agree with you that the storyline was dull , I thought it played out better then the new Star Wars films (1+2) , I do agree that the characters got annoying especially Carth.

I think the game was really supposed to be played out as a good guy Jedi and maybe that was a mistake because there was not enough depth for either side but hopefully its the beginning of a new revolution of Star Wars theme RPG games.

I agree that the storyline was an incredibly big cliche, but it was overall well presented. I'd like to have a bit more NPC options in a possible sequal, especially because, with maybe 2 exceptions, all the NPC's in KotoR were too whingey and annoying. Definitely needed some stronger NPC's.

*Dances*

More choice would have been nice. Your companions (if you control them they aren't NPCs :huh: ) can't be killed. It would have been nice if I could have decided to not have one of them join me or been able to kill them at any time myself (or have them leave my party permanently) or for that matter been able to initiate combat with any person in the game at any time. The game really showed that it was a console centric game (that was ported) in alot of ways.

How about Canderous , Jolee and HK 47 they were tough characters !!

Carth was a freakin BABY if it was up to me I would have left him on Taris !!

Jolee I found to be equally as annoying as the other NPC's.

Canderous and HK-47 are in fact the two examples I was thinking of: Both Darkside NPC's.

As for Carth, well I just wish you could of killed the sod earlier. Unfortunately you are stuck with the lot of them against your will almost.

*Dances*

HK-47 was one of the best NPCs in any RPG I have ever played.

If Obsidian is working on KotOR 2 I would very much like to see another character like it.

TripleRRR

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

The problem with a game like KotORII is that it is a console game. It won't vary significantly from KotOR. This kind of games success doesn't depend on a good story. or a good plot, or good NPC's. They would be better off improving combat rather than focus on anything else.

Hopefully they will make it as best as it can be done, it will be a huge success and then they can make a better game.

Let's keep the T&A in FanTAsy

***Posting delayed, user on moderator review***

Why Bio Why?

Jolee I found to be equally as annoying as the other NPC's.

Canderous and HK-47 are in fact the two examples I was thinking of: Both Darkside NPC's.

As for Carth, well I just wish you could of killed the sod earlier. Unfortunately you are stuck with the lot of them against your will almost.

Jolee was the old wise man I thought he played a good part !

As for Carth I was a good Jedi so I would have just left him on Taris by himself !

I think the problem is that the parts the NPC played in the game had to be scripted and BIOWARE found it difficult to give to much freedom with them !

The perfect game would let you pick and choose your NPC's and have them so well scripted that it does not take away from the cinematic's of the game.

Picture having a choice to take Carth or the other guy on the Endar Spire

Canderous or Calo Nord

Juhanni or another Jedi on Dantoine

That freedom would be unbelievable but I think it is very difficult to make a game like that with as much story telling and scripts as KOTOR

[What type of Characters would you like to have on your team ?

It is KotOR2.

You have to be at least semi-retarded to think otherwise.

I hope you realize you've made a semi-attack on anyone who doesn't instantly go "oooow it's KoTOR2" including those who wish to wait and see what is announced and those who are unsure.

All I can say about KOTOR 2 is that it is with all new characters, based on what we heard before.

That said, I hope it plays just like the original, only with more options.

I see a lot of people making fusses over this or that - the damn game won gobs of awards and went gold! I mean, come on, people here are making like it was awful! I hope the devs listen to none of the nitpics here, and just instead focus on a great story with multiple twists based on your decisions (like the old one), and tightening up the systems used in the previous KOTOR. That, and DEFINITELY use Voice Acting - that is what really pushed KOTOR over the top, IMHO. Hey, if they need someone to do voice overs for cheap, I will come do it - just pay for my plane ticket and give me a weekend, and I am there. ;)

The first one was good, despite its flaws, but because of those flaws and the story structure of the first I don't think that a sequel is warranted. I mean why ruin the first with a bad sequel.

The first one was good, despite its flaws, so I think that a sequel is warranted. I mean, why not improve upon the first as people like Obsidian are capable of?

There's a non-Visceral look on everything.

You don't get it, do you?

Because KOTOR 2 will have ALL NEW CHARACTERS, it will be a COMPLETELY NEW STORY.

The story from KOTOR 1 remains untouched, and the new story is just that, a new story that carries on during the time of the Old Republic - we are talking about 10,000 years here - we can have stories that don't affect each other in that span of time...