KOTOR 2

First off I would like to say that KOTOR is the best RPG game that is missing a couple of small details !

Ive been playing RPG's since I was six years old starting with Bards Tale , Dungeos and Dragons , and Hero's Quest. Obviously now that Im 25 years old I really dont have time to play, but I will always take the time to play a game of KOTOR's caliber !

These are some topics that I would like to address -

1. KOTOR 2 must take place much later in time then the original and should have nothing to do with the first one. I say this because the story is so complete and any effort to do this will only take away from the drama and intensity of the storyline.

2. We all know that in the Star War timeline there is a constant imbalance in GOOD and EVIL , therefore it should not be hard to find another story where an epic adventure for power in good or evil must take place. The original story of Reven and Malak is noted in the Star Wars timeline as should the sequal be from this timeline.

Here are somethings I would like to see changed or added into the game -

1. Better Endings - I had to play and beat the game 4 times to feel complete. Because after playing a game with a storyline of this magnitude and to see a 40 second ending that was so dull was horrible.

2. Love Story - Every Starwars movie has a love story and even though the story was good in KOTOR it was missing a completion to the story. Im not saying put something dirty in it , but in Return of the Jedi you knew Leia and Solo were in love. If you ever have seen or played the game Quest for Glory 5 you could pick and choose your love from a couple of different girls that would not be such a bad idea.

3. Character Imports - If you plan on making a story that is not completed when you beat the game , maybe we should be able to import our character like in the Quest for Glory and Dungeon and Dragons series.

4. Jedis - Start the game as a Jedi Padawan.

5. Faces - Have more character heads to choose from. (Especially with bald heads)

6. Bartering - Maybe be able to bargain when buying or selling items.

7. Lightsabers - Add the color Orange and also personalize the hilts (handles) like in Jedi Academy. That would make the Lightsaber that much more fun.

8. Equipment - You should be able to customize everything your character wears. His head , eyes , chest , arms , hands , legs and shoes. This is something I must complain about because after a while all your characters looked the same and the equipment you purchased was boring. There must be helmets and hoods (jedi robes) in this game.

9. Your Ship - Better battle sequences on your ship and customizable weaponry on the ship.

10. Clothes - When I played KOTOR as a soldier the clothing was retarded , give better clothing and be able to buy different clothing in the game.

11. Classes - I think the main character should be a JEDI but the other ones should be more varied than KOTOR was. Maybe add Pilot , Bounty Hunter , Body guard , Smuggler , etc.

Im sure there is more that I just can't remember. But KOTOR was a great storyline just as good as any Starwars movie and it was actually cooler then any of the Starwars movies. So really this game has so much potential to be the best RPG Sequal ever !!!

man, you guys should save all the KOTOR2 talk until its announced.

personally, I have a good feeling that it is NOT Kotor2... BUT... Fate hates me so... damn

Hopefully it stays millions of miles away from star wars... damn wookies

What other RPG game would be so top secret then the sequal to the Game of the Year.

umm... It's the FIRST GAME of this developer, of this promising developer.

And why I don't want it to be kotor2 is because I think it would be wasted potential. Since the star wars liscense seems pretty limited (story wise), I would rather it be a new game/setting altogether.

I understand that , but if its first game out becomes "game of the year" thats a mighty good resume to start working with.

and the Star Wars world is so big and can be manipulated to make a great game like KOTOR

and what if it flops? "s*** of the year".

who knows, I just think star wars is crap.

They will probably be able to make a good story out of it, but meh.

meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh

And on another hand, I don't know why bioware would give a big name like KOTOR2 to obsidian for their first game... as opposed to having the same team(as kotor), or just some of the what is it like 200 people at bioware?

Kind of a leap of faith, although maybe they trust feargus this much...

First lets clear some misconceptions.

BioWare does not own SWKotOR, LucasArts does and so its not BioWare to give ... its LucasArts.

Feargus and most of OE staff have already a impressive resume, I would not be here if I did not know their work.

Its not that we hate SWKotOr but that is that game does not need a sequel and looking at OE staff past projects you will not get a SWKotOR 2 but a RPG based on Star Wars universe with will likely be as diferent as IWD was from BG.

And the details of this project are not anounced, a lot of people say "SWKotOR 2" but at this point that is possible being "Zone of Enders 3", we simply dont know and EA is not giving any hints.

drakron.png

Its not that we hate SWKotOr but that is that game does not need a sequel

Says you :wacko:

Maybe not a "direct" sequal, like BG to BG2.... but definately something set in the d20 Star Wars universe.

There needs to be MORE SW RPGs :p

Its not that we hate SWKotOr but that is that game does not need a sequel

Says you :wacko:

Maybe not a "direct" sequal, like BG to BG2.... but definately something set in the d20 Star Wars universe.

There needs to be MORE SW RPGs :p

Exactley , thats what my post states make it many years after the first KOTOR!

No.

LucasArts is very protective of their IP and BioWare was asked by LucasArts to make a Star Wars RPG, just liken when Interplay asked BioWare to make a AD&D game.

Star Wars license never leaves LucasArts for anything, BioWare does not have Star Wars license since LucasArts never given then in the first place.

Same deal could happen with OE, LucasArts hires OE to make a Star Wars game ... no need for BioWare to get involved unless they use one of BioWare engines cine SWKotOR engine belongs to BioWare.

drakron.png

No.

Yes.

LucasArts is very protective of their IP and BioWare was asked by LucasArts to make a Star Wars RPG, just liken when Interplay asked BioWare to make a AD&D game.

Thanks for agreeing with my above statement while trying to disprove it.

Interplay asked BioWare to make a D&D game under their license, just like BioWare could've asked, granted Obsidian to make the game. I'm sure LucasArts agreed.