10th Planet

EnderAndrew

I don't think this will be a new official tenth planet.  I get the feeling they'd quite like to revoke Pluto's official status, but don't dare to.  All these random lumps of rock aren't likely to teach us anything new - I'm much more interested in the planets they're finding around other stars.  When will they be able to spot non-gas giants around other stars?

Aye, new star systems plz.

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Personally, I think that Persephone would be an awesome name for the new 'planet'. Given the mythology behind it and all. Basically it's "next to 'Hades'" anyway. :huh:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Hush... You were supposed to be dead anyway...

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Hey look, Hades is back!

Hey everybody, Hades is back!

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

How did the writing go?

kirottu said:

Welcome back Hades! You are indeed alive!

I think it was just a cameo.

Hmmm, how to get back on topic... How did we get here anyway? Oh, that's right, Hades - Pluto - planet names. Right, here we go:

So, with Sedna and Quaoaoauoaoar as our examples, it's clear that we can't trust astronomers to come up with a name for a 10th planet, assuming they ever do find one that's a real planet not just a random lump of rock. We'll have to do it ourselves. Which of the Roman Gods don't have planets named after them yet? How about Vesta?

Edit: No, Vesta is a big asteroid already. :)

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

:o Hades One is alive? I saw Topaz Qazar hanging around here earlier this month, but I don't think he posted anything.

Name-wise, most of the good Greek gods have been taken. :p The Titans had some cool names, perhaps we should use one of them, like Kronos, Hyperion, Oranos, Atlas, etc. :)

most of the ROMAN names have been taken <_<

what about Vulcan, or Diana?

and i don't see why titan names can't be used. after all, they were the precursors to the "classic" roman gods

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

30 Second Bunny Theatre?

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

It was a regular cartoon, not anime.

I just googled 30 second bunny theatre, and saw the clips they had. Pretty weird stuff. They also have ones from Pulp Fiction, Freddy vs Jason, and Titanic. :blink:

Oops! We're off topic here, aren't we? I see a mod lurking at the bottom of the screen.

You're not going to be shut down for a couple of posts off the beaten path. ...But, yeah, get back to the topic. Roman named planets, was it? :blink:

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!