Canderous

Well, i just want to know if Canderous is in Kotor 2...because i have heard that we can see him again in the game

Thanks in advance for the response

''Strike me down,and i will become more powerful''

''To know the Light you must see the Dark''

'' Join us on the path of the Darkside''

the one i clicked on said that this was the spoiler forum so i will tell you that Canderous is indeed.....    Mandalore!!  Just in case you didn't find that out already.

Wow!!....i didn't know, that's great a lot^^...my friend told me that he have returned on the mandalorian territory...wow, it make the game more cool, now that i know that Canderous is Mandalore^^

''Strike me down,and i will become more powerful''

''To know the Light you must see the Dark''

'' Join us on the path of the Darkside''

the one i clicked on said that this was the spoiler forum so i will tell you that Canderous is indeed.....    Mandalore!!  Just in case you didn't find that out already.

Wow!!....i didn't know, that's great a lot^^...my friend told me that he have returned on the mandalorian territory...wow, it make the game more cool, now that i know that Canderous is Mandalore^^

any time buddy :D

It's never really a big revelation in the game. He doesn't say it out loud but they have the same voice and they both call the Republic stagnant.

Yes, Kreia will say "Candorous" out loud if you ask about Mandalor on Malachor V

And also many "threats" made by Kreia on Dxun imply that he is Canderous

It's never really a big revelation in the game. He doesn't say it out loud but they have the same voice and they both call the Republic stagnant.

They just let you get the impression, but there are two points in the game, where it's more than implied.

The first is when Mandalore talks with Kreia and mentions clan Ordo, and Kreia then mentions Revan and how Mandalore has ties to him, which leaves little doubt for those, who played the first game.

It's completely revealed by Kreia's prophecies at the end, though. When the Exile asks about Mandalore, she replies, "Many battles does that one have left in him... as Revan intended. A general needs an army, as he needs those he trusts. And Canderous is a loyal beast, no matter how much he is broken upon Revan's will."

So while Mandalore doesn't actually say it out loud, Kreia certainly does.

IMO, the Canderous/Mandalore part of the story wasn't smoothly integrated into the game to make a real impact.

I think they were trying to make sure that anyone playing Kotor 2 without knowing Kotor 1 wouldn't feel they were missing something. No-one wants a review in a games magazine that says 'Unless you've played the first one, you won't understand what's going on'. It was just an added extra for fans - I managed to avoid spoilers and the moment when Mandalore spoke for the first time was great. 'Is it? Can't be! Wow, I think it is!' :-;)

It probably could have been handled better with more time and attention, but you could say that about most aspects of most games. But how do you develop the character more, and get more of the back story, without requiring knowledge of Kotor 1? Maybe it was better that he was left to the side a bit. :)

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

reminds me of Xenosaga, Steve. And yes Candyman is the Mandalore. Only problem is he doesn't really come off as a leader. He's just a soldier with teh powah

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I think they were trying to make sure that anyone playing Kotor 2 without knowing Kotor 1 wouldn't feel they were missing something.  No-one wants a review in a games magazine that says 'Unless you've played the first one, you won't understand what's going on'.  It was just an added extra for fans - I managed to avoid spoilers and the moment when Mandalore spoke for the first time was great.  'Is it?  Can't be!  Wow, I think it is!' :p  :)

It probably could have been handled better with more time and attention, but you could say that about most aspects of most games.  But how do you develop the character more, and get more of the back story, without requiring knowledge of Kotor 1?  Maybe it was better that he was left to the side a bit. :thumbsup:

I still think it would have been better if that info was only learned if you got enough influence with Mandalore. Just like the other NPCs' past, it would have been better if you had to gain influence with Mandalore to find out who he really was.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

that was always done in Kotor 1. In 2 they seem to get rid of that and just decided that if you have good influence he'll tell you what the mandalorians want to turn the average person into. (dead)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

... In 2 they seem to get rid of that ...

That's too bad - reinforces my opinion that he's a wasted character. I'd rather have him assign one of his Lieutenants with a good story than Candy/Mandy with virtually no story. It just doesn't make sense that Mandalore would leave the rebuilding of the clans to a subordinate and go galavanting around the galaxy again ... maybe he doesn't deserve to be Mandalore if he gets sidetracked by little things like saving the galaxy.

1 - Kreia strongarmed him.

2 - If Mandalore hitches a ride with someone like the Exile, he is bound to find combat and glory.

1 - Yes, Kreia's the ultimate manipulator, but I have a hard time believing that whatever hold she had over him made personally protecting the Exile more important than leading the Mandalorians.

2 - He could have still participated in the attack on the Ravager (his only real contribution to the story) and directed his troops through cutscene dialog vice being on the frontlines himself. I think seeking combat and glory would be better served by keeping tabs on the Exile (through his LT) and sending in troops at the appropriate moments.

One possibility is assisting on one side or another in the Koonda battle - which is probably a little beneath the Mandalorians - but the complete dialog options in K1 imply that he might have something different from just being the utlimate agressor/conqueror in mind for the future of the Mandalorians. And a little glory from saving or destroying a planet's government might be just what the fledgling Mandalorian clan needs to rebuild their image (as either conquerors or just badass warriors).

I've tried bringing along Mandalore (and Bao-Dur, HK-47, G0-T0, Mikal, Kreia, and Mira for that matter) when preparing for the Koonda battle, expecting an Influence opportunity, (these minefields need reinforcement, these droids could use some work, the medical droid seems to be malfunctioning, etc. ... maybe I could help?, or nice work fixing that, convincing him/her to join your side, etc.) but no ... disappointed again.