Defensive build vs Offensive build

Guest The_lone_exile

Defensive is good for soloing but lags behind in team work, as it stands unharmed but contributes little to the overall ownage. Overdone offensive characters need to be healed too often.

At the moment, my Consular/Master delivers lectures at +34 for 22-50 with a single sabre (Master Flurry), while keeping a healthy 38 DEF, 255 HP and 479 FP (DC 39). With items, before force buffs. He doesn't kick in as fast as the blasters and lacks the shock value of his jumping dual-wielding guardian pupils, but he owns everything without sweating. Being able to cure 73 HP for 12 FP that regenarates in no time is quite a bonus, as well.

is the +36 attack? if so my sentinel/watchman does 32-71 +40. I have a vp of 337 and fp of 380 with defense of 36. nothing special about casting master heal using only 12 fp. still I can only heal like 50-60 something so kudos to skywhacker. although at the end of the game I can do that too.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, if you are considering defence, Force powers like Master Valour with Master speed would save you from having to focus on Dex. Besides defence penalties from combat feats are minimised at master level.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

Offensive build for me my highest light-saber build is I used double bladed Light Saber 33-55 +55. With items on its 41-63 +57 thats with Jedi Guardian/Jedi Weapons Master build. Light Side Mastery Strength +3

Items equipped

Bavaker Strength System

Sith Power Gantlets

GNS Strength Enhancer

Baran Do Sage Robe

Matukai meditation Band

Nomi's ArmBand

Characters ArmBand

Health 460/460

Force 351/351

Yikes...wouldn't that mean like a base 81 damage?

It can be done.

Using Power Attack increases your critical hit damage multiplier to 3x, and using Shien lightsaber form in combination with Power Attack increases your critical hit damage multiplier to 4x.

With a decent damage boosting crystal (you'll always get one or more Pontite crystals), the Pontite Lens, a Tegram Jolt Cell III, etc., that damage is easily attained.

is the +36 attack? if so my sentinel/watchman does 32-71 +40. I have a vp of 337 and fp of 380 with defense of 36. nothing special about casting master heal using only 12 fp. still I can only heal like 50-60 something so kudos to skywhacker. although at the end of the game I can do that too.

I'm still on my second planet.

If you're really going into defence,

then just keep in mind that Kreia in the end game might be an issue

. Usually would recommend locking all points into either strength or dexterity, but still strength would help a bit. High defence characters would probably go for Master Flurry. If you gained battle precognition, assuming you played as LS male, and if you started as a consular, have your wisdom at 20 by level 24, then defence would be a promising possibility. Master Speed with Master Valor would only add to that. Defence alone does not get you past enemies. Assuming your wisdom score was above 20+, Force powers would became your main offensive tool.

We are in General. Post spoilers in Spoiler Tags -Battlewookiee

Edited by Battlewookiee

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

I'm still on my second planet.

I hadn't finished then either, though I'm done now.

sry i meant the 50 attack part, how did u figure that out

The thing is that K2 uses the d20 system. So what happens is that since die are rolled, a randomly generated number is added to attacks against you. Which is between 1-20 if I remember. Enemies usually have around a maximum of 30+ for attack. If they get a random roll of say 10, then their total attack is about around 40. So your total defence would have to exceed that. I think something like your Dex modifier is added to base defence.

The other thing is that Sonic grenades thrown at you will deplete your Dex modifier and decrease your defence a bit. (Counter this with high Wis by learning battle precognition if playing as Male)

In any case, points in strength would help. Points in dex only if you are training your character to be a sniper with blasters. (High Int if using Sniper Shot)

Deep from within...

朱宣澧