Saving Level-Ups Till Prestige Class?

Those who've played the original KOTOR remember how one saved level-ups until they became a Jedi. So has anyone tried saving level-ups till they reached prestige class in this game? To those who have no idea what I'm saying:I mean that by the end of the game your character could be a level 1 Jedi Consular/level 29 Jedi Master. You simply don't level up until you become a prestige class character.

Anyway, I tried this level-up saving thing until in Telos, I had to kill the three mercenaries in Moza's office. My party died in the first attempt. I knew it was possible to kill those mercenaries with a level one character but I decided that I'd rather have fun in my first game rather than playing through it like a persistent beggar.

Has anyone completed this game with the level-up saving thing? Is it possible or will it be too hard later in the game?

PS:I played the original KOTOR, and I thought that it was the best game I had ever played. I finished it around 8-10 times, each time with a different build. I had no plans to play the sequel(because reading the reviews, I thought that the game wasn't near as good as the original, and this was confirmed when I played it), but my brother bought it anyway for himself, and since my Rome:Total War CD has got damaged, I decided to play this game.

PS:I played the original KOTOR, and I thought that it was the best game I had ever played. I finished it around 8-10 times, each time with a different build. I had no plans to play the sequel(because reading the reviews, I thought that the game wasn't  near as good as the original, and this was confirmed when I played it), but my brother bought it anyway for himself, and since my Rome:Total War CD has got damaged, I decided to play this game.

Kotor 2 actually improves when you play it the second or third time, because it makes more sense. This is especially true if you weren't really paying close attention the first time, which is very common as most games don't require that you pay so much attention.

Don't forget that you can usually get a broken disc replaced by the publisher or retailer. A lot of people just seem to throw them away and buy a new one. :lol:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

SteveThaiBinh, I am paying good attention to all the little stuff in this game. I like to deeply immerse myself into it and I play without subtitles and without skipping dialogues. I like the fact that this game is more ambiguous about its characters, especially how Atris and Kreia are both good and evil; how the characters stay true to what they feel is wisest, rather than simply follow a code. The original had clear cut good guys and clear cut bad guys.

But this game is nowhere as fun as the original. The original was a far more rewarding experience. The best levels in this game aren't half as fun as the worst levels in the original. And I consider Onderon the best level in this game while Manaan was the worst level in the previous game. Manaan is far better than Onderon. The original felt mysterious. The original was epic; you actually felt you were going on a long and eventful journey that covers huge scope.

yay another tread that says K1 = R0XX0R.

Anyway, I never even tried to hold back my chars. I let them grow. mainly because some of the feats you get are pretty nice when your a soldier.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I never allow any of my jedi-potential-companions until they've become jedi (which means that Atton is level 3 for a *long* time...).

Oh, and as others have said, you cannot withhold levels until your prestige class, because achieving the prestige is a function of your level - whenever you reach level 15 (no matter where you are) you can talk to Kreia and switch on the spot. I always keep Kreia around partially for this reason and partially because her Mentor ability gives more xp.

The only NPC I ever save levels for is Mira, because it's possible to go so quickly to her jedification. All you have to do is be persistent in blasting Wookie-guy (wow, I haven't played this game for a long time, now I can't remember the guy's name :o ), then run to the door.

As for the others, is there that much difference in combat ability between a level-8 soldier/level-9 guardian and a level-13 soldier/level 4 guardian? I didn't really notice much of difference as I was playing. :devil:

Plus saving levels feels rather artificial to me, and I don't always do it for Mira, even. If you become a Jedi at level 12, then that's your destiny, don't fight it!

Edit:

(which means that Atton is level 3 for a *long* time...).

Poor Atton. Two blasts and he's dead. :lol:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)