Kenyan offers Clintons a Dowry...

jaguars4ever

Would Clinton have to pay tax of that extra income ? :wacko:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I think its very rude of CLinton to turn down such a grand offer without even looking at it. If hed still been president then he could have expected maybe 100 sheep and 40 cows, but I think he will have to settle for less now

Pakistan gave our King 3 elephants but they showed no apparent interest in our "fine" princess

hkh_03.jpg

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Ive heard its tradition to offer to buy the wifes, daughters etc. of tourists. Its good for tourism, they know well never say yes anyway.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Chelsea Clinton is currently employed by the British government (she works for McKinsey, the management consultants :x ) to monitor our health care reforms.

I bet she's getting paid more 40 goats and 20 cows-worth. :-

If I paid tax, I would be quite annoyed. :lol:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Chelsea Clinton is currently employed by the British government (she works for McKinsey, the management consultants :x ) to monitor our health care reforms.

I bet she's getting paid more 40 goats and 20 cows-worth. :(

If I paid tax, I would be quite annoyed. o:)

Setting aside the large elephant that just sat in the middle of the living room

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

She did go to an Ivy League University, so I'm sure she is not totally useless...

George W. Bush went to an Ivy League University.

Ivy league universities exist only to protect the minority of the oppulent from the bright upstarts of the unenlightened masses, and to ensure that the higher echelons of scoiety remain closed to those who might change the order of things.

She did go to an Ivy League University, so I'm sure she is not totally useless...

George W. Bush went to an Ivy League University.

Ivy league universities exist only to protect the minority of the oppulent from the bright upstarts of the unenlightened masses, and to ensure that the higher echelons of scoiety remain closed to those who might change the order of things.

...i.e. only rich idiots or extremely intelligent poor will be accepted.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

I don't think Chelsea should get the job just because she's the President's daughter. On the other hand, being the President's daughter is certainly something that makes her valuable to a company or institution. She might be able to buy the gentleman in question several times over for all we know.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I'm sure that even the rich people that went to Ivy League schools still needed some sort of Academic performance.

The schools still have a reputation to uphold and if any of that sort of stuff got out it would be too damaging IMO.

On a local radio show they were talking about this, and the female host determined the reason she wasn't married was that no one offered her a dowry yet so I called in right away.

I offered her a beautiful diamond and tanzanite ring. I mentioned that I had already given it to my wife, but I could ask for it back.

On a local radio show they were talking about this, and the female host determined the reason she wasn't married was that no one offered her a dowry yet so I called in right away.

I offered her a beautiful diamond and tanzanite ring.  I mentioned that I had already given it to my wife, but I could ask for it back.

I would have called in to the radio show and pointed out what a dowry actually is. ;)"

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

It is usually a gift from the parents, or to the parents.

From the bride's parent's to the husband or his parents. As was mentioned before, offering something for the woman's hand in marriage is a bride price, not a dowry.

So if Chelsea Clinton hasn't been offered a dowry, it's because her father's a stingy ex-president.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

According to a colleague whose girlfriend lived across from Chelsea in Oxford (who names their kids after places anyway?) she 'mings' just as badly in real life. Plus you have to bear in mind that girls always end up like their mothers and would YOU want to marry Hilary Clinton?

Bride prices are common in a whole bunch of places. Some cenral asians consider a good bride price essential in the same way that we westerners insist on a flash white wedding. It is superior inasmuch as it proves the guy is either independently wealthy or at least still friends with enough of his family that they care to help him get hitched. It is also considered very poor taste if one treats it as a way to earn cash using your daughters.

Personally I'd rather have the simplicity of turning up with a mess of livestock, than have to endure potential father-in-laws endless rambling horse-poop on tedious subjects.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.