What games are using the Eberron Setting?

I also hate how the setting tries to have everything at once.

This is exactly how I feel. This is also one of the reasons I hate FR.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Of course I'm serious... isn't the main character called Master Chef or something?

No, he is the Master Chief.

However, you're not missing anything with Halo. For many it was the first FPS game they played multiplayer due to split-screen or system link. The game really isn't that great, but it is one of the best selling titles of all time none the less.

Guest Fishboot
I liked Aliens vs. Predator a lot better. 

Hell, even Doom III is better than Halo.

Halo won a lot of brownie points for being a great console shooter experience. It owes a lot to a controller that was basically built from the ground up for FPS, the great melee attack system, a very good one-TV multiplayer experience (the levels and weapons were especially fun for scrub players before the pistol pulls away as skills go up), and obviously great production values. There are an awful lot of people who hadn't played an FPS since DOOM or GoldenEye and never went to a LAN party who were basically given a perfectly tailored FPS experience on a cheap, powerful console.

I hate to turn my nose up at obviously epochal games, and Halo was one of them.

Of course I'm serious... isn't the main character called Master Chef or something?

No, he is the Master Chief.

However, you're not missing anything with Halo. For many it was the first FPS game they played multiplayer due to split-screen or system link. The game really isn't that great, but it is one of the best selling titles of all time none the less.

Well, now things seem less confusing about it :D

It's a FPS and a Hexbox game, so I hadn't really went out of my way to investigate it :(

Generic FPS are the suck.

Ravenloft was the dumping ground of D&D back in TSR days ...we got Forgotten Realms there, DragonLance, the default D&D setting (that I forget the world name) ...

It was a junkyard.

Sure it have its appeal if you venture of the "setting shards".

I said this once and I will say it again, Forgotten Realms was ruined by TSR and WotC running it as a novel setting ... it shows the reasons to why not many play DragonLance and its only going to get worst.

Eberron ... bah, I dont play D&D anymore so Atari can shove it.

drakron.png

What if the games surprise you by being really good(not a change, but anyway)? Would you forget your D&D-'hate' and play them? This isn't for any record, I'm just interested.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

There are more broken systems that D&D 3.5 or d20 ... usually when trying to adapt then to cRPGs.

I hold no interrest over D&D worlds anymore, the game could be really good but that ends up being the same as a sports game being really good since I dont like sports game, the setting on a game is important I am not going to play on a world that I dislike.

drakron.png

Never played it.

Isn't that that game where the main character is a cook or something?

Are you serious? Halo is supposedly the end-all of all FPS games. Too bad it isn't.

haha master chef.

I'm sorry that just cracked me up.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)