What games are using the Eberron Setting?

Dragonshard at least.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

mostly it's just new. it is the result of a fan contest. high fantasy if i'm not mistaken, and a fresh world ready for exploration. i've not heard much about it from players, however.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

What's different about the Eberron setting?

I believe its a world where magic is so common that its not just saved for the elite. Consumer goods are made with it and various technology has emerged from it, such as a high speed train that rides a bolt of lightning. At least thats what I've heard. Theres also a playable race of sentient constructs.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I don't usually like settings with easily accessible magic. On the other hand, a world so dominated by magic has its own novelty, I suppose. Could be interesting. I'll have to wait and see.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I feel that if magic exists in a setting and is anywhere near as powerfull as it is in D&D it's only reasonable that it would be used for commercial interests. Especialy since as far as I know there is nothing stoping everyone and their cat learning magic in the system. So I feel that everyday magic only increases the suspension of disbelief in a setting where magic is powerfull and aquired through booklearning.

But I have no idea if Eberron is a good setting as I have never looked at it...

Bland? Besides Ravenloft, it's a good setting to play, and read the books from. Full of memorable gods, people and places.

But on the downside it brought us Drizzt and his munchin bunch.  :)"

Yup, Bland.

Generic.

Kinda dull.

Not very exciting.

Granted everyone has their own tastes... but I just don't see much about FR that stands out... granted it "is" better than Greyhawk though...

Guest Fishboot

Yeah, sounds like a Sci-Fi dynamic stuffed into a fantasy bottle (re: Ebberon). I have faith that the ten-billionth Elf-Orc-Dwarf fantasy setting will still find a way to be soul crushingly banal, though!

FR was pretty fleshed out at least. You might be in a brutally generic post-Tolkein setting, but you could still find an interesting city-state to play in and an interesting god to worship.

R.A. Salvadore did add a few things onto the Tolkien stuff. Drow, Duregar. but I'm still a dragonlance faithful. I like the larger peliferation of dragons.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I actually bought the Ebberon sourcebook just because I thought the setting looked ineresting. I don't even play PnP. I seriously hope that somebody makes a party-based BG-style RPG set in Ebberon...it would be quite enjoyable, IMO.