Mandalore vs Mandalore

I've had this debate before, and the error still isn't fixed. HK-47 in both games say's he was built after Malachor, but Mandalore the Ultimate was killed at Malachor. Thus if HK faught a Mandalore in the Mandalore Sector it would have to be a new Mandalore. However Canderous was said to be the only Mandalore since Ultimate.

Or was he? Clearly we have two Mandalore's on our hands, because this other dude defeated 47 in Mandalorian Space. He wouldn't need the mask to rule if he was of the actual race.

KOTOR 2 must be completed

welll I was unaware the mandalorians were able to put together a viable fighting force after the sith war and their defeat at Onderon. It seemed that if they had they wouldn't be striking Duxn they would be defending against the Republic at Duxn and trying to get revenge during the Mandalorian wars mentioned in KOTOR

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I've had this debate before, and the error still isn't fixed. HK-47 in both games say's he was built after Malachor, but Mandalore the Ultimate was killed at Malachor. Thus if HK faught a Mandalore in the Mandalore Sector it would have to be a new Mandalore. However Canderous was said to be the only Mandalore since Ultimate.

Or was he? Clearly we have two Mandalore's on our hands, because this other dude defeated 47 in Mandalorian Space. He wouldn't need the mask to rule if he was of the actual race.

Is this a Hk dialogue from K2?

If the answer is simple. The new Mandalore is the one that Hk fought with and his one time compatriot handed him his arse. Later they are compatriots again.

Mind you HK has many continuity errors in his system probably built in methods of deception.

HK Fought Mandalore???

Where is that mentioned?

Anyways, it was Revan who fought and killed Orig. Mandalore, giving Mandalore's suit to Canderous, in order to build himself an army and later help him in his battle against the True Sith...

(Most of this is made out of cut content though...)

If the answer is simple.  The new Mandalore is the one that Hk fought with and his one time compatriot handed him his arse.  Later they are compatriots again.

No, that doesn't add up. Canderous didn't become Mandalore until after the events of KotOR1, and it's in KotOR1 that HK-47 describes how he was sent to assassinate Mandalore but failed. This is indeed an inconsistency. Maybe Canderous just remembers it wrong...

Mind you HK has many continuity errors in his system probably built in methods of deception.

Also a possibility.

Hmm, come to think of it, Canderous' comment could also be one of disapproval, sort of implying that there hasn't be a "real" Mandalore since Mandalore the Ultimate. Maybe there was a Mandalore since then that he didn't like, perhaps because he came from a competing clan or because he failed to lead properly in Canderous' eyes - the Mandalorians were beated by a bunch of righteous jedi, after all, which is probably not something Canderous likes remembering, in which case you blame your leaders...

Well, another possible interpretation, I think. Besides, he might have felt justified in voicing dismissal only after taking the position of Mandalore for himself...

Well it seems to me that Canderous hasn't been back to Mandalorian Space yet(Mandalore Sector). So how would he know if there was another Mandalore or not? He believes he is the only true one because he has the mask, but it seems to me that an actual member of the Mandalorian race would outrank Canderous either way. Canderous is just human not matter how apart of the Mandalorians he was, and the actual race would be superior. Clearly this Dark Mandalore must think he has the right since he seems to be ruling from the Sector.

This would be a great story for KOTOR 3. As KOTOR 2 took Canderous line about the Sith offering the Mandalorians to fight the Republic, thus creating the True Sith. HK-47's story can be used and exspanded upon, and be fixed in a much cooler style.

Mandalore Ordo vs Mandalore: Winner take all

That wouldn't be the only storyline contradiction in K2. In K1, they implied that the mandalorian fleet was destroyed in a huge battle by Revan's forces. In K2, they changed it to say that Revan was delayed and the exile destroyed them by activating the mass shadow generator. Our genius storytellers show their cleverness again. :ermm:

That wouldn't be the only storyline contradiction in K2.  In K1, they implied that the mandalorian fleet was destroyed in a huge battle by Revan's forces.  In K2, they changed it to say that Revan was delayed and the exile destroyed them by activating the mass shadow generator.  Our genius storytellers show their cleverness again.  :ermm:

Malachor V is indeed a screwed up battle. However in KOTOR I believe it is indeed said that Revan was at Malachor. He just arrived late.

Well it seems to me that Canderous hasn't been back to Mandalorian Space yet(Mandalore Sector). So how would he know if there was another Mandalore or not? He believes he is the only true one because he has the mask, but it seems to me that an actual member of the Mandalorian race would outrank Canderous either way. Canderous is just human not matter how apart of the Mandalorians he was, and the actual race would be superior. Clearly this Dark Mandalore must think he has the right since he seems to be ruling from the Sector.

This would be a great story for KOTOR 3. As KOTOR 2 took Canderous line about the Sith offering the Mandalorians to fight the Republic, thus creating the True Sith. HK-47's story can be used and exspanded upon, and be fixed in a much cooler style.

Mandalore Ordo vs Mandalore: Winner take all

AAHHH? Darth Nuke, you do know that Mandalorians are classified as Humans in the Star Wars Universe as are the Echani and a few others. If you feel justified to argue this remember that Jango Fett was a Mandalorian. It would be just like saying somebody is a American, Russian, or German on earth. In the Star Wars Universe Humans are known by which planet or colonies they come from. Hence you have Corellians, Echani, Mandalorians, & many others who are Human. Also there isn't any real Mandalorian sector currently since the war with the Republic as has been covered as story plot timeline in both KOTOR games.

HK Fought Mandalore???

Where is that mentioned?

Anyways, it was Revan who fought and killed Orig. Mandalore, giving Mandalore's suit to Canderous, in order to build himself an army and later help him in his battle against the True Sith...

(Most of this is made out of cut content though...)

umm the origional Mandalore died on Duxn at the end of the sith war from the beasties

I don't ever recall Malachor being mentioned in KotOR1 but maybe I may have overlooked it?

Quoting Canderous from KotOR1:

"It looked like the entire galaxy was within our grasp!I still remember that final battle in the skies above Malachor V. The two fleets filling the space around it, outshining the stars...It was not your ships or your men or your vaunted 'fight for freedom' that won this, the final battle of the war."

"Revan's strategies and tactics defeated the best of us. Even Mandalore himself was taken aback by the ferocity, the tenacity and the subtlety of Revan's plans.Revan fought us to a standstill and then began pushing back. We didn't really have a chance."

Jediphile we're in spoiler land you don't need tags anymore. And I'm still puzzled by how the Mandalorians were an unknown threat when they had tried to invade the republic not 30 years before the war with Revan. Perhaps it's the fact that they joined with the sith. Or the mandalorians in the second war were humans following the Ideal, cause the Tales of the Jedi Mandalorians were more... animalistic.

I guess you could argue it on the basis of the Mandalorians being known, but them representing a threat to the Republic was not...

But I'd agree it's far more likely that the comment is based simply on an oversight by whoever wrote that bit of the story.

And all Mandalorians are humans as far as I know - they're just warmongering, conquering, savage, imperialistic humans...

Per example, Revan was a Deralian in his re-programmed life :ermm:

And he wasn't originally?

maybe he was from Deralia, maybe he was just programmed to think he was... nobody knows. From this I can think it's only a continuity mistake or there was another Mandalore between Mandalore the Ultimate and Canderous that canderous didn't know about or acknowledged to be Mandalore.

Jediphile look closly at the mandalorians who fight. or more specifically the one who finds Mandalore's mask. that's their natural body/face. not masks. (except Mandalore's)

Though they did get the Basalisks completly wrong

well, all the mandalorians you see now are human but the whole mandalorian thing started with a race that actually was called mandalorian. I don't have a picture or a very detailed description but my friend described them as gray and that's it. :ermm: anyways it eventually turned into whoever wanted to be mandalorian or somesuch.

In forty years they went from being another race to being human? I find that hard to believe. That's why I think they follow an Ideal rather than genetics.