Vampire Game

Yeah, I'll just look out for Alek.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

The best plan for taking out the Elder(apart from blowing up the mansion from the outside, something I doubt Ender would let us do) is to have Jags surprise attack him and use his Celerity to be able to attack multiple times, before the Elder gets a chance to react

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

The best plan for taking out the Elder(apart from blowing up the mansion from the outside, something I doubt Ender would let us do) is to have Jags surprise attack him and use his Celerity to be able to attack multiple times, before the Elder gets a chance to react

Dunnae think so.

I have Celerity too.

I also have Obfuscate 3, which means I can impersonate Angelo unless Don Antony has more than 9 or 10 to check my 1337 impersonating skillz0rz with.

Melee was also the only combat skill I invested in, I think it's fairly high, if not at least average.

Plan could go like this:

Walk in with our posse.

When Don Antony asks where the good Father is, say he had to leave the group because he could not stomach helping the Giovanni.

Father is actually there in guise of Angelo, with magick mojo sword in hand, gets ready to hit it with the Celerity and Fortitude.

Ambush the Don, Padre can help you fight, or depending on whether or not he has enough XP to level up Obfuscate by the beginning of this session, make everyone disappear.

POOF!

In that plan you are assuming that both Jags and I will either help you or at the very least stay neutral, which I assure you, I'm not going to.

And, have any of you realized how much this stinks of a spectre game? You do know what the deal with spectres is, don't you?

And all for what? A sword that will most likely vanish as soon as it's fulfilled its purpose? Your mistrust of the Giovanni? I have read the log, and I fail to see a single reason why we should side with them ghosties. They aren't even sure they can fix the hunters for good.

Anyway, I still think we'll have to get together sometime this week and discuss the issue.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Also, Eru, I made a mistake last session. I told you that it costs [5x current rating] xp to raise a discipline, but I didn't know you were Caitiff. For Caitiff it's 6x.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

A stake you obtain from... where? Don't tell me that you always carry a supply "just in case". And it's not exactly an automatic action, either.

It isn't fair to just say you "staked him".

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Yes, that's not how it usually goes in PnP. :ermm:

But at any rate, I assume he meant he'll try that next session. It's good to know.

I think we are rushing into this whole thing. We shouldn't have made any decisions without everyone present, but unfortunatley, only four of us were there last session. It is really your own faults I guess. I'm actually neutral on this whole thing.

It would need to be a really big wooden cross. You see, a wooden stake used for that purpose has a "T" conceal rating, which means you can only conceal it if you are wearing a trenchcoat. I don't think your crucifix will do. :ermm:"

Not to mention that wooden crosses aren't usually sharp. I guess that would raise the difficulty too, making it next to impossible since the difficulty is already 9 by default. You need to cause 3 damage levels in that attack for the staking to succeed. Go figure.

Really, staking vampires, while stylish, is not very feasible in a combat situation.

explains 1337 obfuscate plan

Advantage:

-Giovanni dont normally have Auspex and so the Elder is more likely to trust that we really are going to give him the sword.

Flaws:

-If there are security cams in the house(which we can safely asume), they will see through the obuscate and hit the alarm.

-If we use Aleks technomagic or hacking to disable the cameras, they will know we're up to something.

Conclusion

It is probably better to just walk in normally and strike quickly with everything we've got. Jags or whoever has celerity+melee, The padre with his faith mojo, the rest with our respective talents.

OR... my personnal favorite :D

Fill the Giovanni van with a couple of big barrels of fertiliser and diesel fuel, put a clamp on the gas pedal and drive it up ro the mansion. Its whoring it, yes, but it would work. I doubt Ender is going to let us do it though, he would probably like something more dramatic :blink:"

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Not to mention that the Obfuscate plan isn't guaranteed to succeed even if they don't see it through with the cameras.

If not, don't you think it would be very suspicious that Angelo is not going with you?

And True Faith (unless he has 5 dots in it) can only be used to prevent the Elder from slaughtering Eru, but it won't protect the rest of you.

Even if it wasn't a Giovanni Elder, it's still a suicide plan. Your idea of the bomb truck is probably the safest way to go, and honestly I don't see why Ender wouldn't want to allow that. But improvising a bomb is not easy either, and it may very well blow you up in the attempt.

explains 1337 obfuscate plan

Advantage:

-Giovanni dont normally have Auspex and so the Elder is more likely to trust that we really are going to give him the sword.

Flaws:

-If there are security cams in the house(which we can safely asume), they will see through the obuscate and hit the alarm.

-If we use Aleks technomagic or hacking to disable the cameras, they will know we're up to something.

Conclusion

It is probably better to just walk in normally and strike quickly with everything we've got. Jags or whoever has celerity+melee, The padre with his faith mojo, the rest with our respective talents.

OR... my personnal favorite :D

Fill the Giovanni van with a couple of big barrels of fertiliser and diesel fuel, put a clamp on the gas pedal and drive it up ro the mansion. Its whoring it, yes, but it would work. I doubt Ender is going to let us do it though, he would probably like something more dramatic :blink:"

What if Alek just crashes the computers? It would look just like a normal system failure.

That or I can just cast Obfuscate 2/Celerity/Fortitude on myself, you can go in like I said before, and I can stab the Don in the back with the sword.

That leaves the problem of Don Antony thinking something's up when Angelo doesn't show with the rest of us.

Not to mention that the Obfuscate plan isn't guaranteed to succeed even if they don't see it through with the cameras.

If not, don't you think it would be very suspicious that Angelo is not going with you?

And True Faith (unless he has 5 dots in it) can only be used to prevent the Elder from slaughtering Eru, but it won't protect the rest of you.

Even if it wasn't a Giovanni Elder, it's still a suicide plan. Your idea of the bomb truck is probably the safest way to go, and honestly I don't see why Ender wouldn't want to allow that. But improvising a bomb is not easy either, and it may very well blow you up in the attempt.

It's four dots, and Ender's going by Medieval rules, so I should be able to at least repel him (so sayeth the Ender).

I'm not familiar with the rules for True Faith in DA. As far as I know, lvl 4 True Faith indeed allows to repel a vampire but only away from the priest. This doesn't prevent the target from advancing towards other targets, however.

Why cant we just give him the sword and be done with it?

A+) It would be fast and wed get what we want.

A) We'd have a whole bunch of very angry Giovanni and their many human associates after us if they found out who did it, which is very likely

B) Who cares about a bunch of ghosts?

C) Wraiths are silly and shouldnt be included in Vamoire games so if we let the Giovanni do their thing we might not have to put up with that crap again

D) Going ahead with this would mean Numbers char is either killed or is no longer part of the Coterie.

Do you know whether this is a spectre ploy? No.

Do you know anything about how the Giovanni deal with wraiths outside what these spirits have told you? No.

Do you know what is the fate that awaits spirits that are "set free" in the Underworld as things are over there right now? No.

Do you know for sure that the plan to assassinate the Elder will work? No.

Do you know whether or not the spirits will hold up to their end of the bargain? No.

Do you know whether or not the spirits can even hold up to their end of the bargain? No.

Yes, this is a masterfully crafted plan, indeed.

Your path is "humanity", not "The path of the Free Spirits Union".

As the private investigator of the group, I say we get to the bottom of those questions, then decide what to do.