Vampire Game

There is nothing wrong with the server so it must be something in your end. What is the precise error message you get? You havent forgot to set the port to 6667 maybe?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

*Connecting to irc.psionics.net (6667)

*Unable to connect to server (No Route to Host)

No route to host Error

This normally means you are not properly connected to the Internet. Your Windows cannot find out how or where to find the IRC server. It has nothing todo with mIRC or IRC! Check your connection (reconnect if everything seems fine) and try again.

Are you connected straight or do you have a router in your house/apartment? Restart it. And dont forget to add mIRC to "exceptions" under the windows firewall settings.

This problem also happens when trying to connect to the wrong port so make sure you are using 6667 and not 667

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

A router, you know one of these boxes that let you share an internet connection among several computers.

A router, you know one of these boxes that let you share an internet connection among several computers.

My comment was directed at Numbers Man. You just happened to post before I submitted it. :">

But if that's the case, then I wouldn't be able to connect to ANY servers, wouldn't it?

I can connect to various servers on IRC, I just can't connect to the specific one needed to play our game.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Aaww, shucks! :-

But theres still Baley, Eru, Jags and me?

Me and Baley are already spaming the channel in lack of anything better to do

Anakin,

If you are using Windows XP (Service Pack 2), are you using the built-in firewall?

If so, check the config out like this:

In the Control Panel, there will be Windows Firewall. Open it.

Now, check that it is on. If it is not on, then you may have a third party software firewall (e.g. Norton Internet Security 2005, or ZoneAlarm, etc), or even a built-in hardware firewall in your broadband router. Third party software firewalls are configured similarly, but you'd have to refer to their own documentation for ballon help.

If you are using the Windows Firewall, then check that Exceptions are selected to be allowed. (This allows some, named applications to cross your firewall.

If you want to take a risk, you can just !TEMPORARILY! switch off the firewall and see if you can connect to the mIRC channel 6667. NB: Make sure you turn the firewall back on. Make sure you do not leave you PC unguarded; it is estimated that it takes less than four minutes (the total time for a clean install of WinXP to run the updater of the Microsoft website) to infect your Windows PC.

A safer option is to check out the exceptions that are listed. Click on "Exceptions":

If you don't see mIRC in the list, then add it:

You may also just add the port (6667 is what mIRC uses):

:wacko:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

You lay the bait, you catch the fish :D

* Baley rapes Jodo with his huge internet ****

<Desmond> urgh

<JodoKast5> dude

<JodoKast5> that's like totally not right

<JodoKast5> Im like woot,wanna see what'sup with da game and ur like raping????!!!

<Kaftan> well yeah, whatyo gonna do about it, billyboy?

<Kaftan> Squeal like a pig!!

If it is not on, then you may have a third party software firewall (e.g. Norton Internet Security 2005, or ZoneAlarm, etc), or even a built-in hardware firewall in your broadband router. Third party software firewalls are configured similarly, but you'd have to refer to their own documentation for ballon help.

I've got Zone Alarm. I've tried a whole bunch of things and for whatever reason that one server won't work. I could understand if I couldn't use mIRC at all, but other servers work, just not the irc.psionic.net one.

If I can figure out what's wrong and fix it, I'll play next week. But as it stands it looks like I'm out. :ermm:

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I've got Zone Alarm.  I've tried a whole bunch of things and for whatever reason that one server won't work.  I could understand if I couldn't use mIRC at all, but other servers work, just not the irc.psionic.net one.

It's irc.psionics.net.

Then again you could have just made a typo.

Try using other programs.

Chatzilla is okay ,free and you can get it as a firefox extension.

Gaim is solid and it reached 1.5.0

Miranda also works well.

If it is not on, then you may have a third party software firewall (e.g. Norton Internet Security 2005, or ZoneAlarm, etc), or even a built-in hardware firewall in your broadband router. Third party software firewalls are configured similarly, but you'd have to refer to their own documentation for ballon help.

I've got Zone Alarm. I've tried a whole bunch of things and for whatever reason that one server won't work. I could understand if I couldn't use mIRC at all, but other servers work, just not the irc.psionic.net one.

If I can figure out what's wrong and fix it, I'll play next week. But as it stands it looks like I'm out. :rolleyes:

I tossed ZoneAlarm out for reasons similar to what you are experiencing; I found it worked like a charm most of the time, but the config was quite arcane, and I found Norton to be much better.

Try turning it off to access the channel. If you succeed, then you have identified the problem is with the firewall. Turn it back on (!!) and then try to configure it to allow unmolestered access.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

So will there be a chat log from the last session or what?

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.