Vampire Game

I'll translate for you, Servant: Play the damned game. If there are too many people, I'll sit and watch the fun. Every now and then, I'll even throw out a remarkably witty quip or two.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

You are loved....slowly....with pitchforks.

I imagine your character will either become quite the hit early on, or dead very early on. I also expect your character may have quite a bit to discuss with Baley and his uber-philosophical Toreador.

You are loved....slowly....with pitchforks.

I imagine your character will either become quite the hit early on, or dead very early on.  I also expect your character may have quite a bit to discuss with Baley and his uber-philosophical Toreador.

I'll just allocate some more points into Bardo early on and send people into Paradoxes left and right!

Ender said we're all 9th generation.  I've got my character created.  I'm just waiting to see how Ender wants it sent.

My vampy's generation is unknown (Caitiff), Ender says this means he's 13th Gen. :'(

Playing a souleater,as the Tremere call them?

I don't know what a souleater is. :huh:

Oh,i see.

Your portrait has intrigued me.

Ender said we're all 9th generation.  I've got my character created.  I'm just waiting to see how Ender wants it sent.

I belive he said the lowest we can be is 9th.

Eru's character is 13th Generation because he did not invest any points in the Generation Background.  If he'd like to move around some points that would be fine.

I don't even know what the Generation Background does, but I really don't mind.

It feels appropriate a Caitiff would be 13th Gen. I'm still not sure how one would determine the generation of a Caitiff.

Caitiff generation is determined just like any other clan. For each point you invest in the Generation background, you lower your generation, which raises your max bloodpool by 1.

The difference between 13th and 10th Gen is really minimal if you ask me. However, at 9th Generation you can begin to spend 2 blood per round. If you have disciplines that require blood expenditures, this is rather nice.

However, going down to 9th generation requires 4 dots in said background.

If you'd like (or if it's not too much trouble), I could alternate with Eru where each of our characters are non-vital almost NPCs (except obviously controlled by us) that can be inserted into the game without messing up continuity.
I'll translate for you, Servant:  Play the damned game.  If there are too many people, I'll sit and watch the fun.  Every now and then, I'll even throw out a remarkably witty quip or two.

What? Chickening out already? Oh man...

It feels appropriate a Caitiff would be 13th Gen.  I'm still not sure how one would determine the generation of a Caitiff.

One doesn't "need" to determine the Generation. The strength of your blood is what it is and only depends on who embraced you. However, being a low Generation Caitiff without somebody to protect you will make you a target for diablerie.

Since low Generation vampires are usually more responsible when giving the Embrace probably makes it logical to have most Caitiff be high Gen, but doesn't rule out any possibilities. Of course, there may be a few Caitiff diablerists, too. :huh:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

If you'd like (or if it's not too much trouble), I could alternate with Eru where each of our characters are non-vital almost NPCs (except obviously controlled by us) that can be inserted into the game without messing up continuity.
I'll translate for you, Servant:  Play the damned game.  If there are too many people, I'll sit and watch the fun.  Every now and then, I'll even throw out a remarkably witty quip or two.

What? Chickening out already? Oh man...

It feels appropriate a Caitiff would be 13th Gen.  I'm still not sure how one would determine the generation of a Caitiff.

One doesn't "need" to determine the Generation. The strength of your blood is what it is and only depends on who embraced you. However, being a low Generation Caitiff without somebody to protect you will make you a target for diablerie.

Since low Generation vampires are usually more responsible when giving the Embrace probably makes it logical to have most Caitiff be high Gen, but doesn't rule out any possibilities. Of course, there may be a few Caitiff diablerists, too. :huh:

Why the hell would you want to diablerize a low level Caitiff, and also, wouldn't that make you a target for the Camarilla?

EDIT:

There is no organization of Caitiff outside of the Sabbat (who acknowledge them as a Clan in their own right - yet another sign of their degeneration from the Camarilla perspective), and so Caitiff are pretty much on their own. Throughout most of the Camarilla killing a Caitiff is a bit like killing a mad dog - not something you want to be doing, something you'd prefer someone else did on your behalf, but no big issue really, and better in the long run for everyone.

Nevermind. :ph34r:

Why the hell would you want to diablerize a low level Caitiff, and also, wouldn't that make you a target for the Camarilla?

Why, to lower the Generation, of course. And yes, the Camarilla probably wouldn't like it, but since you're Caitiff, they wouldn't be so concerned about it. Not to mention that Vegas is not controlled by the Camarilla. Watch your step... :huh:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

It should be noted that low and high are used both ways when describing generation which can be confusing, since low numbers are more powerful and are sometimes called higher.

Eru should also note that the city is not controlled by the Camarilla. Some Camarilla cities do openly allow Caitiff to be killed, but the Prince of Vegas strictly does not permit any vampire to kill any other vampire without his permission.

Yes, however, I do not believe that while the Camarilla would allow Caitiff to be randomly slaughtered, they would be so happy to have merry diablerists (even if only Caitiff were diablerised) roaming the streets.

I may just allow a tenth player, but I want a session with all nine players first and see how hectic it is and then decide if I can allow another one.  It may already be pretty hectic.

You should kill off a few characters in the near future... to make room for future players.... :blink:

Yes. He is called the Prince.

Honestly, a large group of vampires could take him. I don't believe in making unnecessarily powerful Elder characters as NPCs just because I can, but at the same time, Gangrels are not someone you want to piss off traditionally.