A Wicked Game I Thought Up

I had a dream that I played the most wicked star wars game ever. It was an rpg/tps combination game. It started off by allowing you to create you own jedi in a system like The Sims 2 in which could select from several races and could morph the features all you wanted. You start off as a child who is a padawan on coruscant and you can choose your master from a list of three with each specializing in a particular class.

As you journey with you're master, you age and gain expirience and eventually pick a class (consular,sentinel, guardian)mostly for combat bonuses but everything was non-linear so you could morph your abilities based on your play style. There were three paths that you take based on your actions dark jedi(evil, neutral), jedi(good, neutral), and failed jedi(neutral, good, evil). You can start going full boar on any path at any point after your tutorial training and first mission with your master.

Through your actions you determine your alignment. A failed jedi can fail and that path may lead him/her to the dark side but it can also lead to another path in which they get to select a new class(scoundrel, soldier, scout, technician).

If you stay on the dark or light paths you can eventually train your own padawan, who will make their own decisions eventually leading them down the dark or light path. The failed jedi gets the romance option in which they are allowed to have wife or husband.

The combat system was similar to jedi knight 2 but your stats make a difference (i.e. high lightsabre skill makes you see your enemies movement better which translates into a bulletime effect). The graphics where similar to KOTOR.

I know that someone has probably already come up with this idea and if they have, I salute you. As you can see, my inspiration was derived from various sources. Please don't insult me, I just thought the people of these forums would have some input and would appreciate such an idea. So what do you think? Is it feasable?

I had a dream that I played the most wicked star wars game ever. It was an rpg/tps combination game. It started off by allowing you to create you own jedi in a system like The Sims 2 in which could select from several races and could morph the features all you wanted. You start off as a child who is a padawan on coruscant and you can choose your master from a list of three with each specializing in a particular class.

As you journey with you're master, you age and gain expirience and eventually pick a class (consular,sentinel, guardian)mostly for combat bonuses but everything was non-linear so you could morph your abilities based on your play style. There were three paths that you take based on your actions dark jedi(evil, neutral), jedi(good, neutral), and failed jedi(neutral, good, evil). You can start going full boar on any path at any point after your tutorial training and first mission with your master.

Through your actions you determine your alignment. A failed jedi can fail and that path may lead him/her to the dark side but it can also lead to another path in which they get to select a new class(scoundrel, soldier, scout, technician).

If you stay on the dark or light paths you can eventually train your own padawan, who will make their own decisions eventually leading them down the dark or light path. The failed jedi gets the romance option in which they are allowed to have wife or husband.

The combat system was similar to jedi knight 2 but your stats make a difference (i.e. high lightsabre skill makes you see your enemies movement better which translates into a bulletime effect).  The graphics where similar to KOTOR.

I know that someone has probably already come up with this idea and if they have, I salute you. As you can see, my inspiration was derived from various sources. Please don't insult me, I just thought the people of these forums would have some input and would appreciate such an idea. So what do you think? Is it feasable?

Tell me - what chipset does your cerebral cortex utilize: ATI or nVidia? ^_^

manthing2.jpg

Good ideas. I salute you. Without a knife thrust, that is.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

The combat system was similar to jedi knight 2 but your stats make a difference (i.e. high lightsabre skill makes you see your enemies movement better which translates into a bulletime effect).  The graphics where similar to KOTOR.

Tell me - what chipset does your cerebral cortex utilize: ATI or nVidia? ^_^

Yeah, mostly nVidia. Geforce 2MX to be exact. Pretty sad, huh?

You posted this in the developers forum because you want to build it? Or you want someone else to build it? Or you are just making suggestions for some future LA game? Or ...?

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

You posted this in the developers forum because you want to build it? Or you want someone else to build it? Or you are just making suggestions for some future LA game? Or ...?

I would like to see someone make it someday.

Then might I suggest this forum instead?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Great ideas, what would the plot line be? :thumbsup:

Boy meets girl. Girl plays had to get and later becomes damsel in distress. Boy saves girl and saves world. Boy and girl get medal and make out happily ever after.

You forgot "boy and girl then find out they are actually brother and sister"

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Great ideas, what would the plot line be? :thumbsup:

Boy meets girl. Girl plays had to get and later becomes damsel in distress. Boy saves girl and saves world. Boy and girl get medal and make out happily ever after.

You forgot "boy and girl then find out they are actually brother and sister"

Haha, but what about the imfamous..."and then older boy tells younger boy that he's his father"

This Idea has been floating around LucasForums for a long time and has pretty much been concluded that most people don't like the idea of having to train to become a jedi you also I don't like the combat for JK2 I'd much rather have combat similar to rots because of the blocking aspect of the game I really don't like the combat for JK3 either because there isn't a way to parie attacks or block them all together but to each his own i guess

"This Idea has been floating around LucasForums for a long time"

Thank gods, countchocula managed to save it from there then. I shudder when I think what other things might be floating around there.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

what like Bastila and Kreia being one and the same?

I like the idea and would like to see somthing akin to the ROTS combat but i would like more guardbreak attacks becaue ROTS was about guarding 90% of the time. Best guess is that If you were good enough and had the proper tools you could splice ROTS's combat and Sims 2's "homemaking" aspects and throw on a story while your at it to make the game. But that would require somthing of a monumental effort to get the tools and to know how to extract the ROTS levels and the combat system to make somthing new as well as getting the Sims 2 to cough up it's secrets.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Please don't insult me

...I'll try. No promises, though.

For a minute there I was fearing this could be another of those "ZOMG SAN ANDEARS MEETS STAR WARS!!1" threads.

There are a few good ideas there, but most of those, barring the JK style combat, can easily be implemented into a RPG. I don't like being forced to spend a part of the game as the learner, be it with a master or without, because of the simple fact that it's been done to death. I'd much rather start as a fledgling Jedi Knight (as in experienced enough to venture alone) faced with tough moral choices whose outcome determine the character's path. I don't see the need for going from some insignificant worm to the ultimate munchkin in the universe.

Also, there would be loads of raving kiddies outraged at the fact that you can't be the perfect Jedi and totally make out with teh hawt chick. But then again, Jedi celibate is a stupid idea to begin with.

But the bottom line is that a Deus Ex-style SW game would be great. Hell, any Deus Ex style game would be teh shiznit... :D

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I like the women! :cool:

EDIT: Although relationships between Masters and Apprentices make for interesting stories, including betrayals and redemptions as well as vengence.

When a tight bond is created between the Master and the Apprentice, when something happens to one the other is challenged in a variety of ways.