Do you think Kotor Was A waste?

I take this mainly asking about K2. Well I don't regret buying it. Yes there were big disappointments but it nevertheless took up gaming time and was pretty good - granted sometimes I would play without thinking cos I just lost the story.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

Guest MacleodCorp

Some days I feel positive, and other days I feel negative about buying it. I like some of the humor, some of the new saber enhancements, but there is that other side where I wished it had a clear ending, and a StarWars feeling to it.

KOTOR II was a considerable let down to me but whether or not it was a waste of my time is a question I haven't quite answered yet. It wasn't a waste of time in the fact that it satisfied my curiosity to see how Obsidian would handle the franchise. It was a waste of time in that I found the game to have little in common with its predecessor beyond superficial elements (graphics, levelling system, etc.). The heart of the game seemed missing somehow.

A waste of money? Certainly. As a consumer, I have a reasonable expectation that the product I'm buying is in a complete state. I wouldn't pay fifty dollars for a product I knew to be incomplete. I expect a complete game for a complete game price. Instead of getting a completed game, myself and all of the other gamers who purchased KOTOR II got a rushed unfinished cash in sequel.

It says a lot that players, not programmers, are having to finish the game (bless each of the TSL Restoration Team seeing as none are being paid for their valuable time, they have all my best wishes for their efforts). I hope Obsidian doesn't hope to make this sort of precedent (gamers having to finish what programmers either can't or won't finish) a constant in all of its products because it's not only infuriating but unacceptable.

Not what I consider fair or honest business practice. As a result, I'll be very careful before parting with my money on the next Obsidian project.

Poopie heads.

K2 destroyed the bug filled mediocrity known as K1,

I have spoken.

I have several different reasons to disagree with that.

If you have explored these forums long enough or have played KOTOR 2 more than twice or EVEN once, you would know that KOTOR 2 has many more bugs than the first award winning game.

I mean, sure that battle scheme and the way you upgraded your character was a great dawn apon the old game, who really want a game filled with so many bugs? I mean yeah it had some major improvements, but i found the storyline trying to be too similar to the original story and everyone knows that when someone remakes something legendary, it just isn't as good. Hell, it isn't even HALF as good.

I think if Obsidian worked on making KOTOR 2 more different than more alike the the first game, i think they would have been successful.

hahaha count dooku.....in episode 3 he cracked me up-did u see his face when ani cut off his hands, and then his face! ahahahaha.

anyway the kotor series has not at all been a waste. as a matter of fact its a nice new breach of hope in a a genre where around 75% of the starwars games are based around the movies. i mean lets face it who wants to fight for the alliance/empire fifty billion times. so i love teh kotor series because of the freedom it has to do w/e.

Poopie heads.

K2 destroyed the bug filled mediocrity known as K1,

I have spoken.

I have several different reasons to disagree with that.

If you have explored these forums long enough or have played KOTOR 2 more than twice or EVEN once, you would know that KOTOR 2 has many more bugs than the first award winning game.

I mean, sure that battle scheme and the way you upgraded your character was a great dawn apon the old game, who really want a game filled with so many bugs? I mean yeah it had some major improvements, but i found the storyline trying to be too similar to the original story and everyone knows that when someone remakes something legendary, it just isn't as good. Hell, it isn't even HALF as good.

I think if Obsidian worked on making KOTOR 2 more different than more alike the the first game, i think they would have been successful.

I actually found kotor2 to be too different.

The story is great the game it's self lacks in other areas.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester