• Darth Sidius
    • Count Dooku
    • Grevious
    • Darth Malak
    • Revan
    • Darth Sion
    • Kreria
    • Other plz write down on Reply

well i cant in good conciousness say darth vader/ anakin of episode 3-i still have enormous respect for anakin, i always liked him better than obi because obi was just lucky and anakin had to work incredibly hard for anything because expectations were always on him to be the wonderful chosen one. So i voted sidious because he created darth vader-post anakin gettin pissed off by obi wan, the rest of the time he was half being decieved. also palps lived for a long time, and while the other sith were cool, the winner normally goes out to the one who lives in the whole jedi vs. sith fight

Yeah, too bad he trusted another Sith with his life...

This is all but a matter of opinion. There is several different views of the reason for his sorely off fighting or the way he was looking at palpatine during his final fight.

Let me review some of these.

- He wanted to lay off of Anakin during the fight so that Anakin would have him arrested and so he could be shortly let back out of confinement.

- Dooku and Palpatine had the fight planned before it started and the plan was for Dooku to let himself become defeated because Dooku and Palpatine knew he was the chosen one and knew that he would rise the Sith.

- Dooku had betrayed Palpatine and Palpatine knew that Dooku would kill Anakin and Obi Wan and then destroy Palpatine for his power.

- Elaboration of the above theory: Palpatine has used the Darkside to infuse Anakin so that he could defeat Dooku because Palpatine knew of Dooku's supposed plans to try to take over the Sith himself.

- Dooku got overcofindent during the fight and layed off Anakin because he thought he would easily be defeated.

- Anakin flat out became more powerful than Dooku and overthrew him during the fight.

These are just some of the Assumptions of what could have brought the akwardly quick fight to it's end.

It seemd to me that Dooku was promised by Palpatine to be alowed to live, but Palpatine had Anakin kill him to draw him closer to the darkside.

I don't think killing a Sith nesicarly draws you closer to the darkside.... And Sidious has things planned out way before they happen and i don't think he would change his mind and say "Meh, i don't want him to stand trial." It would have had to have been deeper than that.

Why do people think it's cowardly when a man is in charge and has so much control and power that he can have other people specifically do his dirty work for him? Furthermore, what does that have to do with how evil someone is?

It'd be like saying an SS trooper was more evil than Hitler.

Why do people think it's cowardly when a man is in charge and has so much control and power that he can have other people specifically do his dirty work for him?  Furthermore, what does that have to do with how evil someone is?

Well, because he isn't really accomplishing the work. His "Workers" are. he is just sitting back talking smack while his goons go around and ravage people for him. Yeah sure, Palpatine was a Persuasive and Tactical Mastermind but he never did any of it for himself.

He had the Clones follow through Order 66, he had Maul kill Qui Gon Jinn, He had Dooku go after Anakin and Obi Wan TWICE, He used Vader as a general for his army AND as a personal puppet

while he sat back and did nothing. And yes, it is fairly Cowardly.

Nah. It's using your head. He showed that he was quite capable of winning battles by defeating (and nearly killing) Lukey-baby, if it wasn't for that dang bottomless pit they built right next to his chair ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Listen, the guy who dreams up industrial death is evil. The guy who enforces the plan is evil. Who is more evil? That probably can't be determined without a lot more analysis, but they are both pretty evil. It is not an evil / cowardly process to protect the command centre in a chain of command, it is smart.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I liked my SS trooper vs Hitler analogy :D

In fact, if you want you can take Milgram's experiment into consideration and just say that the people that enforce the actions aren't necessarily evil...they're just following orders :thumbsup:

Just like there is a psychological principle that people who have a firearm drawn are "compelled" to pull the trigger ...

... Dang Psychology wierdos have a lot of explaining to do ...

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Why do people think it's cowardly when a man is in charge and has so much control and power that he can have other people specifically do his dirty work for him?  Furthermore, what does that have to do with how evil someone is?

That's the way to do it. Why should you get your hands dirty when you have perfectly good croonies to do it for you? :devil:

In the KOTOR sieries I felt that KOTOR2 had too many villians. I mean think about it, the player took down 3 Sith Lords, 2 in about an hour. Now, I thought that Malak in KOTOR1 was much more enjoyable to take down because of the build up throughout the game. By the end of K1 I felt like I wanted to kill him. So I guess I liked Malak the best in the KOTOR sieries but in all of StarWars, I think it had to be Vader.

Nah. It's using your head. He showed that he was quite capable of winning battles by defeating (and nearly killing) Lukey-baby, if it wasn't for that dang bottomless pit they built right next to his chair ...

If their was no bottomless pit, i am sure Vader would have made work of him with his Lightsaber.

Vader's definitely the most famous, the iconic villain of Star Wars known even to non-fans.  I suppose Sidious is the greater villain, though, as the mastermind behind it all.

Well, considering Vader bench pressed Sidious into a Generator Shaft, then i might reconsider to think that Vader still pretty much owns the title of "Best movie villian ever".

How many people have heard of Darth Vader?  More than would recognise the name 'Darth Sidious', I think.  'Best Bad Guy' can be interpreted in so many different ways. :huh:

No, i think alot more people have heard of Darth Vader.

Yeah, I mean I knew the line "Luke, I am your father" before I was 6 and that was before I ever saw the movies.