In-game adverts

I foresee mods that disable the adverts, and many happy lawyers. :shifty:

Yes. Then people can start an uproar over "Cold Frappuccino."

Ooooh. That makes me so MAD.

RRRAAAAGH. Walsingham smash!

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I don't know if I'm good enough to be able to smush you into a frappucino. May need some more barrista time.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I think it was either Project Gotham or Need For Speed underground every transition between points was coated with adds. In Burnout 3 they have billboards for the company.

In starwars they could do idiotic things like "Hi Nameless Jedi! Would you like some Obsidian Jama Juice?"

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

If they make Prject New Jersey set in the 50s like I want, then they can have actual ads that ran at the time, paid for by companies that still run those products. Cheap and authentic.

Somebody shoot me.

-Elwood Blues

Sounds reasonable. Most games come with demos/trailers for other games from the same developer or publisher. Could lead to some weird combinations, like adverts for Indiana Jones in the next Star Wars game. :shifty:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Sierra games quite often had 'adverts' for each other, now that I think about it. But this is getting onto something much less objectionable, or at least unusual, than what I was originally talking about. The people who'll want to put adverts in games are probably the big companies like McDonalds or Coke, and it might be hard for developers and publishers to turn this down on 'artistic grounds'.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Well, it could work, if well implanted (Not jumps out and distracts, or is audiably annoying)

Let's take an example of some nice "good" commercial.

Imagine GTA4, sponsored.

You walk into the McDonalds, get yourself the BigMac menu, then sit on a table and eat it.

Your PC says something like: "Wow, this tastes like ****", then grabs his shotgun and kills all the employers and costumers inside the fast-food restaurant.

Fun and good ingame, yet I doubt they will see that ISN'T bad-commercial this way...

Sounds reasonable.  Most games come with demos/trailers for other games from the same developer or publisher.  Could lead to some weird combinations, like adverts for Indiana Jones in the next Star Wars game. :blink:

A short time ago,

In a galaxy close, close by ...

De-dum ... de-dum ... dum-de-de-de dum-de-de-dum de-de-de-deeeee

:(

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT