A couple Star Wars Queries

LeVeRRe

Hey all,

First post, but I've silently prowled the forums now for almost a year now, finally thought it was time to jump in.

I was just wondering if anyone would be able to answer a couple little queries that I had about Star Wars related items;

1. Do members of the Vurk species (ie. Coleman Trebor) speak galactic basic?

2. Are there any instances in the EU of a Jawa venturing out to be more than a simple salvager on Tatooine. For example; could a Jawa or has a Jawa in a novel or comic ever become a starship mechanic, or something of the sort?

Any help on these would be greatly appreciated as most of my knowledge stems from the Old Republic through the KOTOR games and the TOTJ comic series. Thanks in advance.

LeVeRRe

Hey all,

First post, but I've silently prowled the forums now for almost a year now, finally thought it was time to jump in.

I was just wondering if anyone would be able to answer a couple little queries that I had about Star Wars related items;

1.  Do members of the Vurk species (ie. Coleman Trebor) speak galactic basic?

2.  Are there any instances in the EU of a Jawa venturing out to be more than a simple salvager on Tatooine.  For example; could a Jawa or has a Jawa in a novel or comic ever become a starship mechanic, or something of the sort?

Any help on these would be greatly appreciated as most of my knowledge stems from the Old Republic through the KOTOR games and the TOTJ comic series.  Thanks in advance.

LeVeRRe

1. Coleman Trebor spoke basic and Vurkese.

2. I have seen Jedi Jawas (Suprisingly) In EU Comics before.

http://www.starwars.com/databank/

Do a search here for all that EU garbage info.

Actually, a Jedi Jawa is probably the coolest thing I've heard on these boards all week. Probably the fact that Jawas look like ninjas! :wub:

(Don't they have rotting skin, or something?)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Pfft. Jedi Jawas are just as bad as Jedi Hutts.

Sometimes I wonder who is in charge of allowing these ideas to be written in books or comics, and why that person still has their job.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Actually, a Jedi Jawa is probably the coolest thing I've heard on these boards all week. Probably the fact that Jawas look like ninjas! :thumbsup:

Jawas faces are covered in insects.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

In responce to #2, In Wharu's bar (I know I spelled his name wrong) there's a jawa named Het Niki that's shown for about a second. In the EU, he's there because the Sandcrawler that got turned to pieces in ANH had his cousin on board and Het want's revenge. Het buy's a blaster and tries to kill a bunch of stormtroopers but sombody stole the power pack so the blaster didn't work. I suppose this fufills your request. Jawa's are never mentioned anywhere but on Tatooine. I've never really heard of #1's species.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Thanks for the answers guys and gals.

For the record, I really dislike the idea of Jawa Jedi's as well. However, one would think that with their expertise in salvage and droid technology, that one of them would have become a bit nomadic in his time and ventured out. Ah well. Any other answers to the queries would be appreciated.

Cheers, LeVeRRe

Oh, that's just nasty. :p

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

If Jawas were taller, they probrably would make good Jedi...

Except like, every time they jumped or something, I bet some insects would fall off...

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Actually, a Jedi Jawa is probably the coolest thing I've heard on these boards all week. Probably the fact that Jawas look like ninjas! :)

Do not take this into any offense, but you are incorrect about that.

The Jawas are Humanoids, who unknowingly cover their face. The idea that bugs swarm their face is outrageously ridiculous.

Few have ever seen the ugliness that lies beneath a Jawa mask. Jawa faces are obscured by a cloud of insects that gather in the recesses of their hoods, attracted by their foul odors. Their particular stench is a combination of poor hygiene and a mysterious solution into which Jawas dip their clothes to retain moisture. To Jawas, the odor is packed with information about each other, such as clan lineage, health, emotional state, even the last meal eaten.

Thats what the Databank says...

Note to self: next time someone complains about my BO, explain it contains much detailed and vital cultural information about my lineage, health, emotional state, and last meal eaten.

To which they will answer: "Yeah, it tells me you are a miserable, sick son of a warthog who has been gorging on week old pizza."

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Few have ever seen the ugliness that lies beneath a Jawa mask. Jawa faces are obscured by a cloud of insects that gather in the recesses of their hoods, attracted by their foul odors. Their particular stench is a combination of poor hygiene and a mysterious solution into which Jawas dip their clothes to retain moisture. To Jawas, the odor is packed with information about each other, such as clan lineage, health, emotional state, even the last meal eaten.

Thats what the Databank says...

That's quite the lie.

Right from the Databank.

Maker defend the droid that has wandered away from its masters on the desert world of Tatooine. Of the many dangers that travel the dunes and crags of the arid world, few can send a droid's behavioral matrix circuitry into a tizzy like the Jawas.

They are hardly monstrous, appearing as meter-tall humanoids completely hidden behind rough, hand-woven robes. Their faces are concealed within the dark folds of a cowl, from which peer their sickly glowing yellow eyes.

The Jawas are a scavenger species. They comb the deserts of Tatooine in search of discarded scrap and wayward mechanicals. Using their cobbled-together weaponry, they can incapacitate droids and drag them to their treaded fortress-homes, immense sand-scarred vehicles known as sandcrawlers.

Jawas form an important link in the circle of trade that connects the distant Tatooine communities. They sell their hastily refurbished junk to moisture farmers who are hard-pressed to find a better selection elsewhere. For their shoddy work and vagabond ways, they have a well-earned reputation as hucksters out to hoodwink the outlander colonists on Tatooine.

Don't believe me?

Then Click here.

Yeah,but that doesn't mention their hygiene or face composition ...

Jawas do not have insects on their faces. If they did, how come the insects do not cover their eyes? And how come you never see the insects leaving their face? They cannot stay there forever.

I haven't heard anyone mention the size of the insects, they might be the size of itty bitty fruit flies. They might be wingless, too. Just little burrowers.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Yeah,but that doesn't mention their hygiene or face composition ...

Jawas do not have insects on their faces. If they did, how come the insects do not cover their eyes? And how come you never see the insects leaving their face? They cannot stay there forever.

I haven't heard anyone mention the size of the insects, they might be the size of itty bitty fruit flies. They might be wingless, too. Just little burrowers.

I could imagine we would still see these fruit flies? And how did they get onto the Jawas face? Did they climb up theri robes? If so, how come i didn't see them climbing?

Hey there,

I see that unintentionally a bit of a dispute has erupted from my jawa question. For the record, both Exmortis and thepixiesrock were correct as far as the were concerned. Exmortis if you revisit the databank and click the expanded universe tab next the the movies tab in the jawa index section, it will give a more detailed description noting the insects in the recesses of the hood. Then its just a matter of if people take the EU as fact or if they are movie purists. It is however on Lucas's Official site, for what it is worth.

Hope that helps clear things up, LeVeRRe

Hey there,

I see that unintentionally a bit of a dispute has erupted from my jawa question.  For the record, both Exmortis and thepixiesrock were correct as far as the were concerned.  Exmortis if you revisit the databank and click the expanded universe tab next the the movies tab in the jawa index section, it will give a more detailed description noting the insects in the recesses of the hood.  Then its just a matter of if people take the EU as fact or if they are movie purists.  It is however on Lucas's Official site, for what it is worth.

Hope that helps clear things up, LeVeRRe

I know about that, but they do not cover the entire face. You must realize the the Recesses would be around the front coverage of the Hood they wear. Saying that the bugs are swarming their face is the purity of moot.