Stuck behind "magnetically-sealed" door

Hi, yes I'm a newbie. I've until recently been enjoying KOTOR2 for a couple weeks (I don't play everyday) and now...it's just causing me anxiety.

I have an XBOX version. For starters, is this board for all versions or just PC?

I've found after finishing GOTO's yacht and being introduced to the GOTO droid, now as a stowaway on the Ebon Hawk, I reappear in Mira's hideout in conversation with Jedi Master Zez-Kai Ell. Nar Shaddaa is my second planet after Peragus in which Dantooine was the prior. My character is super-light side, we're talking just a LSP or two from reaching master light side and receiving the +3 bonus in Wisdom. I speak to Zez-Kai Ell, ask all the questions available and when finished he disappears. Ok, but now I'm stuck...in the room behind a "magnetically-sealed" door.

The breakdown of my events:

I leave GOTO's yacht after finding the exile and sabotaging the ship. The ship blows up (sorry about that). I reappear on the Ebon Hawk, there's a quick shot of my character's main screen (see below) who is facing backwards?? (seems odd??). Mira does her conversation thing with Atton and I get introduced to GOTO, now as a droid. Fair enough. I talk to him in every option possible (after multiple reloads), all paths eventually leading to a return to Nar Shaddaa. I'm now in conversation with the Jedi Master and here's the really strange part---I CAN SEE THE OFFENDING DOOR BEHIND HIM...and it's open!!---Regardless how I speak to Zez-Kai Ell, the door closes (and I can actually hear it close, if light conversation otherwise taking the dark path just ends up into combat and I can't make out what the door is doing until I move avoiding the impending attack. Then of course it's closed. Wow, big surprise.). I guess it closes to prevent escape if your character is "conversationally challenged" and ends up scrapping with Master Zez-Kai Ell. Fair enough, but then it won't let me out after killing him. I've even let him kill me and then reloaded and tried again, still won't open. Not nice at all.

I don't think this is supposed to happen. I've reloaded so many times I fear I may wear out my hard drive (just kidding). Nothing. I've gone back several saves replayed, still nothing. I've gone back 2-3 hours (about a dozen saves), played it deliberately different with different characters, different chronology in missions and differrent dialogue options with NPCs, still can't get out of this room. I've killed Zez-Kai Ell in the beginnig of the dialogue, middle and at the end letting him finish the entire conversation (I can hear the Sith in me chuckling). I've even (and yes this was a long-shot), planted mines in the open doorway before leaving for GOTO's yacht, hoping I could "glitch" my way out of this room by triggering the "recover mine" option after the Jedi Master dialogue in hopes of forcing the exile thru the door....nope didn't work either (the option didn't come up, although you could clearly see the mine's field coming through the door).

Another long-shot was to save my game while on the Ebon Hawk during the Mira/GOTO droid scenes just before returning to the hideout to speak to Zez-Kai Ell. There is a quick screenshot of the exile and his/her main menu lasting 1-2 seconds before (or after?) the dialogue starts where one can save the game if your fast enough with the start button. Trying to load this save however does nothing except repeatedly hang my XBOX, (I don't think your supposed to be able to save here).

I found a similar post under SPOILERS-KOTOR2 section by aa_thomas: "Stuck behind a sealed door in Nar Shaddaa (solved), Happened after Goto ship destruction" THE LINK IS HERE:Obsidian Forum in which he solved his problem by downloading the "whereami armband" cheat. Ok, sounds reasonable, how do I do that with my XBOX? I don't know how you enter command lines on an XBOX machine. Is there a hidden DOS system in the thing?? I have a sneaky suspicion this is for computer versions only. I also don't have XBOX Live to download anything directly into my console anyway, although I suppose I could get it if it's my only option as I have DSL.

I've also searched the Internet with Google, and this site was one of two I found with anything regarding this problem. The other site had no answer, bummer.

If I can't use the "whereami" cheat, am I as they say SOL? Is it "my" game or have others using the XBOX version encountered this problem? If I can't get out of this room, as far as I'm concerned this game is going to become refuse and possibly a reason to avoid KOTOR3 if it's produced and that would be a shame. On the other hand I'm not going to buy the next game "hoping" it doesn't glitch on me somewhere during the countless hours of gameplay, nor do I really want to buy another KOTOR2 and play another 20+ hours worth to find out how to get out. Geeez, I do have a life. Is gaming supposed to be this painful??

KOTOR1 awesome! KOTOR2?? Well I don't know yet.....I'm stuck.

Any input appreciated.

P.S. Can anyone tell me how to make the above hyperlink into a hyperlink? (I thought it would do it automatically...unless you guys like Copy/Paste).

Well, don't guarentee that it works, as it was an other door.

Nar Shaddaa too though...

Anyways I had (with Mira) in the Jek Jek Tar that the first door didn't open...nor was selectable.

Quite some trouble, thoughts I had to restart (last planet then :lol: ) untill I found the whole door wasn't solid anyways, and you could just walk through.

Most KOTOR2 Nar Shaddaa and "Locked Doors" bugs topics were from this door, but maybe the same problem appears on a other door...

Did you try already just to walk straight through it?

Do have any saves/autosaves before or in to Goto's yaht?

Oh, sorry about not clarifying that. Some of my reloads were also from GOTO's yacht. The first time I went in with T3 and Atton. I did nothing with Mira, including talking to her. Next effort was with Mira and Visas thinking maybe Mira was the key. Nope. She did nothing for me, now Visas on the other hand is kinda cute.

For all 3...

Anyways does the door shows the 3 icons (bash, pick, mine) options or just an round with name above it?

P.S. Can anyone tell me how to make the above hyperlink into a hyperlink? (I thought it would do it automatically...unless you guys like Copy/Paste).

Select the http:// option just above the place where you write posts...

Then copy the link in there, then add a nice text for the hyperlink

For all 3...

Anyways does the door shows the 3 icons (bash, pick, mine) options or just an round with name above it?

Select the http:// option just above the place where you write posts...

Then copy the link in there, then add a nice text for the hyperlink

Thanks for the hyperlink info. The door unfortunately just has the name above it.

If you have any saved games before GOTO's yacht, try loading it up and playing from that point. Otherwise, you may be stuck with restarting the game.

Unfortunately when I went back nearly 3 hours (somewhere around a dozen saves) this was even before the Exchange noticing me due to my petty Light-side antics and long before GOTO's yacht. Sighhh, I gues I'll give it one more shot and go back an entire planet like Battlewookiee thought he might have to do. If that doesn't work, anyone want a free drink coaster? Game discs also make fun mirrors.