Pure Pazaak

Howdy Duff Lover, first off thanks a lot for all the incredible work you have done on Pure Pazaak.

Now my problem, shown here is a screen shot of PP running for myself. As you can see the right side and bottom or cut off somehow by a blue area and the buttons lack text. Not sure why this is, I have tried out all the troubleshooting ideas on your page, nothing seems to fix it.

If you have any ideas, or could possibly work on a fix I would be extremely indebted. :lol:

purepazaakproblem1vr5.jpg

Another victim of the weird button bug :lol: . At least you're active and I can ask you to try out some things to help track down the problem:

1. Do the new kep mappings in v1.2.4 put in to get around this problem actually get around the problem? :geek:

2. If so, do you have any issues with the main game playing screen?

3. Could you post a screenie up of the equivalent problems using the K2 interface? (as with Q2, also the main game screen if you can reach it at all)

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

Yeah, the key mapping actually allows me to play, which is nice.

Here is K1 in game:

pazaak2ci2.jpg

K2 in game:

k2qm1.jpg

K2 deck selection:

zxxdrz6.jpg

The problem persists no matter what interface I play on. Technically the game is playable with the hot keys (nice work), but admittingly it would be nice to see the all of the textures. :lol:

1680 x 1050 is my resolution.

Alright, I think I may have found a fix for the missing button glitch. (At least it worked for me)

Properties > Settings > Advanced > General > (Make sure you're DPI setting is set to Normal

The effect usually requires a reboot to take effect. After changing this Pure Pazaak and Pazaak Cantina worked perfectly for me.

Yep you're spot on pazaakman. I did the opposite (increased the DPI) to test and the problem appeared.

As for a program fix, I'm not sure (as usual a couple of early ideas though but in general a lot of effort :thumbsup: )

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

• 2 weeks later...
btw, for those looking for a Pazaak game where you clear out the computer opponent and don't want to wait for me (especially if I never end up doing it :ermm: ), you can play his game here; a clone-of-a-clone you could say.

http://pazaakcantina.freeprojekt.org/

Hey,

I will improve the AI.. It's not finished.. :lol:

And Pazaak Cantina isn't a clone-of-a-clone, because I started the Project before I found Pure Pazaak via google.

Also, Pazaak Cantina has got online stats. I think, it's really a pity, that we didn't have done a game together :sad:

Hmm, I think, that Pazaak Cantina is better balanced in card prices. But Pure Pazaak is way more flexible (But sometimes I think that Deadeye Duncan is cheating!). And of course, I have a sentiment to it, 'cause it was the first standalone Pazaak that I've played after beating KotOR.

any ideas how to get it running in vista? i keep getting active x errors i was getting the control not registered properly or missing error at first then i tried setting compatibility to xp and i get cannot create object error run time error 429. i miss my xp nothing i have likes vista

Edited by neodac1

any ideas how to get it running in vista? i keep getting active x errors i was getting the control not registered properly or missing error at first then i tried setting compatibility to xp and i get cannot create object error run time error 429. i miss my xp nothing i have likes vista

Do you mean Pazaak Cantina or Pure Pazaak?

Pazaak Cantina runs on Windows Vista (without XP compatibility mode).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I keep getting an error when I run the game about the comctl32.ocx being possibly out of date. I downloaded the latest Visual Basic 6 run-time files from the link on the Pure Pazaak website, but that didn't work. I also re-downloaded the game, and still no good. Any suggestions?

I'm running XP.

Thanks.

post-22342-1190840431_thumb.jpg

And Pazaak Cantina isn't a clone-of-a-clone, because I started the Project before I found Pure Pazaak via google.

haha, I still finished first with the font, sounds, features/options, etc. :)

Also, Pazaak Cantina has got online stats. I think, it's really a pity, that we didn't have done a game together :sad:

Yeah like I said I was prob too busy (even more so now :sad: ) so I wouldn't have been able to do much anyway. Besides always better to have more than just "one" game anyway.

I running the program after extracting files but it won't work. Runtime error 339 shows up. Please help! Don't know anything about computers!
I keep getting an error when I run the game about the comctl32.ocx being possibly out of date. I downloaded the latest Visual Basic 6 run-time files from the link on the Pure Pazaak website, but that didn't work. I also re-downloaded the game, and still no good. Any suggestions?

I'm running XP.

Thanks.

All of these problems seem to be related to the dependencies not being installed properly (since I don't put Pure Pazaak into an installer *). I don't have Vista btw so I can't verify this works or not.

1. Install the VB6 SP6 runtimes again. I don't know if there are separate downloads for XP and Vista. If you've already tried installing them as per the troubleshooting, then you shouldn't need to again, not that there's any harm I suppose.

2. Move the two OCX files (comctl32 and mswinsck into the Windows\System32 directory.

3. Try running Pure Pazaak again (maybe needs a reboot too)

4. If it still has the same error, go into command prompt (Run -> command, or is it Run -> cmd)

5. Run these commands to register these controls manually:

regsvr32 comctl32.ocx

regsvr32 mswinsck.ocx

6. (Reboot?) and try PP again.

* Reason why I don't package it into an installer is cos for most people the game runs fine from the get go after the unzip, and I personally hate these little programs which install extra crap and clog up the Add/Remove programs list :yucky: (especially when all that's needed to "uninstall" is to just delete the game folder).

sigpic0yb.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
The rule that applies when someone gets 9 cards on the table.

In kI it's a forced stand

in KII is an atomatic win

Your not all ways being honest when your telling the truth.

Everything slows down when water's around.

• 2 months later...

This thing still is a great means of passing time. I think this card game is addictive.

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.