Pure Pazaak

You know, I'm surprised LA hasn't tried to capitalize on Pazaak with some sort of retail card game. Imagine if such a thing caught on big and everyone carried around their own side deck for any given moment.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Hey Duffman, i'm sorry but for the custom portraits with 1.22, this doesn't work! But i've:

-resize the image to 100x154

-put it in portrait

-and rename it .

But there is no override portrait in my portrait options!

Post up your pic in an attachment and I'll give it a try if you want.

I guess can only list the things to double-check:

- use BMP, GIF or JPEG/JPG only

- it should match the name of your player file, not your player name in the game

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

• 2 weeks later...

Those of you who have tried will notice the website is down and will probably stay down :) . Actually stopped working a while ago but I've been really busy :) (and still am :( ). Seeing if I can get hosted by Star Wars Knights.

To download Pure Pazaak you can get links to the files from here:

http://hosted.filefront.com/dufflover/

For people who want to see the website/screenshots, I've set up the site on a free hosting thing, so ad/popup warning :( :

http://purepazaak.freehosting.net/

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Hmm...well if SW Knights doesn't host you I might be able to rig something up for you. It wouldn't be fancy, probably a blog script or some such with you installed as a member so you could alter/add stuff etc.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Maybe this should be stickied?

Sorry, but we already reached the max. number of stickies... :p

Most KotOR players hate pazaak so it wouldn't do much good anyway.

It already cheats. The amount of times I get a 10 when I stand on 12 is unbelievable.

Even more reason why people hate Pazaak...it doesn't cheat, but it doesn't make them less tired of losing or more motivation to play Pure Pazaak (unless they enjoy accusing other Humans of cheating).

EDIT: Mmm, odd, if I start it it says that there is a error in MSwinsck.oxc, even if it is inside the map, and if I retry it starts without the error...

I've had that once - only once. I suggest seeing what happens if you move the OCX file out (incase it interferes/overrides a more compatable Windows copy). If the game doesn't run because you don't have it, try downloading a new version of the file and see what happens - simple Google search gets some results. Mind you I'm not going to cos the bug is so rare for me.

Now to get some sleep cos I got Uni today (1:05am ) :wacko:

hum the link to download dont work i mean i cant even get on the webpage.

hum the link to download dont work i mean i cant even get on the webpage.

Yeh the link on the first post is busted now that the site is down.

See here for the links: Post 231

sigpic0yb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Uni midsemester break so been able to do some of small things I've been planning to for ages:

- Rezipped so that you can now get Pure Pazaak v1.2.3 as a full download.

- Can now openly get v1.2.2 International.

- See the origins/history of Pure Pazaak by getting this Pazaak Legacy download which I've put together. (don't expect any support :o" )

sigpic0yb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I noticed a bug in the latest version... whenever there are already 8 cards in a player's slots, if the ninth card is filled with a side deck card that doesn't bust it, the player automatically wins. I know for sure this works with the computer players in the campaign section (I've already lost 8 matches because of it :thumbsup: ), and I'm not sure if it works anywhere else. It happens even if the other player has 20 already... one time I had 20 and the computer had 19, and it added a minus 6 and won the match. Help please?

And by the way, this minigame rocks. I just downloaded it recently, and I've already played over 50 matches. Thanks so much to the creators.

Not a bug... that's just the kotor2 Pazaak rules...added to make the invert cards more usefull...

Trust me; you aren't the first to go ;) over that :)

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Hey Duffman, i really love pazaak!

On your site you said there is no officeial place for meeting.

may i sugest you couls set up a chat via http://www.freejavachat.com/setup.html

it wouldnt take up any web space just a link or so. also i found a great place that hosts forums with all the option free and tons of room http://www.iforumer.com/

check out how it works on my homepage. http://cal72521b.tripod.com

post-18139-1161321179_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hello. Great game. Works okay for me. However, I did find a bug. When I play a yellow +/- 1 T tie breaker card against Suvam Tan, it will not break the tie when he plays a red/blue invertable. We both had 20, and it tied, so nobody won. I should have won it because the T card tie breaker. Just thought you should know. Other than that, game appears to work fine, but I just started playing.

• 2 weeks later...

#purepazaak on gamesurge server is open again.

How to join:

1. Go to: www.gamesurge.net/chat/ (requires Java)

2. When it loads you'll automatically connect to GameSurge - let it finish.

3. Type into the command thingy: /nick nickname , where nickname is your desired nickname.

4. Type: /join #purepazaak to join the channel

5. If you join and no one is there, I urge you to stay there if you can incase someone else comes along

6. Let's say there's a bunch of people connected. To announce that you're free to play a match, just type the chat message and press Enter.

7. What you want to do now will vary, but to let's say you want start a private chat session to respond to someone's offer (and tell them your details like your or their IP, etc). Double-click their name from the list of people and a new chat window will appear in the Private taskbar section.

8. Organise and play!

• 1 month later...

Heya guys! :o

No, there's nothing new with Pure Pazaak. Just that nothing seems to need doing with it, although I did remove the website link from the splash screen incase it changes again or just dies.

So why I have come out of the shadows to post? I recently got a Nintendo DS Lite, and my cousin wondered what it would be like if Pazaak was on it...so I put together a "concept art" pic; and here it is.

post-10482-1173097403_thumb.png

or for those who want a superimposed fake on some Googled up photo

post-10482-1173097441_thumb.jpg

What do you guys think? :sweat:

(I'll just clarify to you now, it most likely won't happen cos I would have no idea how to program it >_< )

sigpic0yb.jpg