[REL][TSL]Holowan Plugin

I figured I would be kind to everybody over here as well. It is official as of Saturday afternoon I have released the [TSL]Holowan Plugin at pcgamemods. The mod is also being hosted at Chainz.2da's site jumpstationz. You will notice a difference in the version numbers between the 2 sites. They are the same mod simply given different versions as a security means to protect it from being pirated. Each site the Plugin will be released to will have it's own seperate version number that I designate.

Here are the links for all to enjoy.

http://www.pcgamemods.com/14521/

Thanks ;)

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

I'm glad to see the thread did get started after all last night, Obsidian crashed on me as I started the thread.

Ok to answer some questions.

@Sarjahurmaaja. -- Many of us modders have had a recent wave of our mods being pirated by fileplanet. Fileplanet has been re-hosting them without our permission and sometimes taking credit for the mods. As a consequence many of us have developing our own means of ensuring that if the mods are found any spot other than where we hosted it at that the user is aware that the mod is being re-hosted illegally.

@Battlewookiee -- The [TSL]Holowan Plugin is a collective mod that merges many of the most popular TSL mods into one mod. This is done with permission from the various modders who's mods are merged within there. If you have ever gotten heavily into playing mods you'll find many have compatibility problems. Those problems usually are a direct problem related to 2da, gff, & tga files frequently be used by different modders. The plugin allows you to play these incompatible mods in harmony.

For more details. The plugin consists of over 100 new selectable character player heads. These include Twileks, Devaronians, and dozens of other uniques. The plugin is completly compatible with the USM. I'll be the first to admit that my readme's usually are very much lacking and can almost use some professional help when it comes to details.

Ha! Well done. :lol:

It seems that the modders have managed to provide the most requested features of a sequel to the original KotOR (apart from the obviously implicit one of a cohesive story).

Can you play a Yoda?

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Guest MacleodCorp
Ha! Well done. @thumbsup:

It seems that the modders have managed to provide the most requested features of a sequel to the original KotOR (apart from the obviously implicit one of a cohesive story).

Can you play a Yoda?

If you wish to find mods for KoTOR II go to pcgamemods.com, lucasforums.com, and lucasfiles.com. I am sure you will find something in what you seek.

However, I think the [TSL] Holowan Plugin is one of the most enormous mods created, which brings you several other modder's projects in one pack. Darkkender spent hours pouring over scripts, and other mods to combind them.

ObsidianEnt. has worked hard in creating a game, which we all can have fun with. Modders only make modifications for fun. I am sure we do appreciate your comments, and I hope you enjoy Darkkender's (TSL) Holowan Plugin.

Ha! Well done. @thumbsup:

Can you play a Yoda?

However, I think the [TSL] Holowan Plugin is one of the most enormous mods created, which brings you several other modder's projects in one pack. Darkkender spent hours pouring over scripts, and other mods to combind them.

Can I play Yoda? Not very well, I'm too tall. If you are refering to a disguise armband that allows you to do this you will need to download the Holowan Clockworks 2(for TSL). It was just completed today by andargor.

For point of reference DarthMacleod some of those scripts and mods actually took me days to pour over and work on merging due to subtle differences in things like dialogue files. Even with TK's gff comparison tool it can only help a small amount.

You know I really have to say there is no way to stop people from taking your hard work and slapping their name on it and submitting it to different sites. I really doubt it was file planet itself that did whatever you said it did. I can see the essentially meaningless (to those not in the know) version number changes just confusing users far more than it stops the redistribution guys.

Yaw devs, Yaw!!! (

I really doubt it was file planet itself that did whatever you said it did.

yah, it was... they were caught in the act :wub:

They used to have a "submitted by" field (ironically removed...huh? how about that) on their mods, and all of the recent mods at the time had the same guy, an admin we later found out, registered as the submitter...

When compared to the recent submissions over at PCGM, it was the same mods, in the same order but clearly different "authors"...

When confronted, they admitted it and now you'll find alot of newly released mods have such "disclaimers" about posting on a different site without asking....

It's not the fact we (modders) don't like to share, just the opposite, but it was a touchy subject as they were (still are) charging $$$ to have mods burned to CD. Modding alone is a "tread softly" subject that we don't need a LA legal team breathing down our necks.

They've been tolerant enough as it is and we'd rather not burn those bridges... :wub:

and my apologies Darkkender, I didn't mean to "off-topic" and hijack the thread... so I'll not speak anymore on the subject :wub:

-----------------

SO... just to post something that DOES relate to the super-uber awesome mod.. hehehe Here's a list of the mods that are included within the Holowan Plugin:

http://www.jumpstationz.com/Darkkender/REA...lowanPlugin.txt

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| My KotOR / TSL Mods | My WIP | USM Compatibility |

Having trouble with TSL's cheat console? Try the Hak Pad. Don't forget the Booster!

Those sneaky B*stards!

"All your mods belong to US."

I guess the best way to combat such underhanded tactics is to publicize the real authors and their work in the fan fora, like you are doing.

And, again, well done with the modding guys. :cool:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

No problem Chainz.2da, you really weren't hijacking as that is one of the many mini-topics this thread has covered. Which reminds me I really need to add the download link at your site.

@Sarjahurmaaja. -- Many of us modders have had a recent wave of our mods being pirated by fileplanet.  Fileplanet has been re-hosting them without our permission and sometimes taking credit for the mods.  As a consequence many of us have developing our own means of ensuring that if the mods are found any spot other than where we hosted it at that the user is aware that the mod is being re-hosted illegally.

Just a correction it was NOT Fileplanet that was doing the above but FileFront, I repeat Filefront.

• 4 weeks later...

enjoying your mod so far. started a new game, and its nice getting max attributes and skills. droids are tougher. it was interesting seeing all 6 of the dock clones with the pc's stuff. Kerea and the pc's pics are very dark though(lower right corner of screen). Kerea's change is nice. I also like starting off with a light saber.

What mods are they and what do they do? It looks like a large file to download and I want to know what I'm getting.

Chainz said:

SO... just to post something that DOES relate to the super-uber awesome mod.. hehehe Here's a list of the mods that are included within the Holowan Plugin:

Chainz said:

Thanks EW! :D but the link is broken in your post... try this one:

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| My KotOR / TSL Mods | My WIP | USM Compatibility |

Having trouble with TSL's cheat console? Try the Hak Pad. Don't forget the Booster!