Another Idiot Anti-Gaming Activist

Murder simulators?  Is that like Doom or Unreal?

Nah, he plays Painkiller (see Elder's Post a few topics down)

Obviously he is now a violent men, trying to freeze people with his shotgun, wondering why there is no healing soul after killing them...

And where these damn checkpoints are in real-life :)

If I were you, I would send a couple of emails to games magazines and websites describing the content and tone of your emails and his responses, and drawing attention to his bad attitude.  If a man in his position is genuinely unwilling to enter into serious discussions of his views and actions, then that's a matter of public interest.

Agreed.

I'll concur, as well. Pick the enemy's weak spot: this guy is a spotlight-dweller, so anything that takes away his moral-highground in the press will hurt him the most.

He's operating on the Terrorist modus agendi: he's banking on the premise that you'll get bored / disinterested (or in the case of Steve, insulted out) of the argument.

There really ought to be some sort of ombudsman to adjudicate lawyers; especially those deliberately involved in self-aggrandizement to the detriment of the law they profess to serve.

Then some of the true professionals might have some respect for them, as a vocation.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

What happens if this guy wins the case does that mean I have to go to a Adult bookstore to buy the game? :D

If this guy wins the case I'll be forced to put all that secret sniper training I've recieved on Halo to good use. :blink: Honestly, some people. I doubt I could even aim a real gun.

sig2.gif

Unfortunate (and looooooooong) double-post.

Florida stalking law:

784.048 Stalking; definitions; penalties.--

(1) As used in this section, the term:

(a) "Harass" means to engage in a course of conduct directed at a specific person that causes substantial emotional distress in such person and serves no legitimate purpose.

(b) "Course of conduct" means a pattern of conduct composed of a series of acts over a period of time, however short, evidencing a continuity of purpose. Constitutionally protected activity is not included within the meaning of "course of conduct." Such constitutionally protected activity includes picketing or other organized protests.

I was wondering that too.

I'm surprised he didn't just put me on his ignore list.

I'm sure he gets soooo many emails, he probably wouldn't even recognize me. I'll make sure to send him something at least every once in a while.

I'm just being [very] optimistic, but it would be kind of cool to get a reply back from one of those places I sent an email to :D

I went to a pistol range for shytes and giggles one day, and want to know what me l33t training in the murder simulators did for me?

It let me jam a Glock 9mm on my very first shot.

Never had that happen to me in CS.

He's operating on the Terrorist modus agendi: he's banking on the premise that you'll get bored / disinterested (or in the case of Steve, insulted out) of the argument.

I've hardly been insulted out, but yesterday was a Sunday. If he doesn't reply by the end of this working day, I shall send him a gentle reminder. However, as my first email was intended to be mocking rather than a genuine opening of debate, I doubt he'll take it seriously and respond. I'm comfortable with that. So long as I've irritated him and taken up some of his time, I'm happy. :lol:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

What happens if this guy wins the case does that mean I have to go to a Adult bookstore to buy the game? :D

If this guy wins the case I'll be forced to put all that secret sniper training I've recieved on Halo to good use. :lol: Honestly, some people. I doubt I could even aim a real gun.

Girl: I wanna report a crime.

Officer: You've come to the right place.

Girl: Okay, so my boyfriend, the loser jerk, sits on his ass all day and keeps playing these stupid video games, you know, stupid Dick Justice and stuff, doesn't go to work, gives me no thought.

Officer: Unfortunately, being a jerk is not a crime.

Girl: No, no, I wasn't finished, I'm getting to it. So I got real sick of it, and threw the television out of the window. It was mine, I can do whatever I want with it, right?

Officer: As long as no one got hurt.

Girl: That's what I told him. He's my ex really, but now the sicko's threatening to kill me, that's a crime, right? He's been playing those video games an awful lot. Makes him a very good shooter. Holding that controller's like holding a gun, they say in the news. You gotta help me, I fear for my life!

Officer: Okay, miss, sit down for a moment and we'll take your name and address and see what we can do about it.

Girl: Okay.

Officer [to Max]: Did you hear that? Guns don't kill people, video games kill people.  Jesus, welcome to New York City.

Just another opportunistic leverage-seeking lawyer looking to cash in on the latest controversial sensation. Does the guy really care about the subject? Probably not. In fact, some of the most obsessive moralists in history have been revealed to be complete hypocrites.

There are doors

I went to a pistol range for shytes and giggles one day, and want to know what me l33t training in the murder simulators did for me?

It let me jam a Glock 9mm on my very first shot.

Never had that happen to me in CS.

Aparently CS:Source jams if you try to fire a gun with no amunition, for a random length of time, too, during which you are a sitting duck ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

It's never happened to me.

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

- Volourn, Slayer of Yrkoon!

"I want a Lightsaber named Mr. Zappy" -- Darque

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin

We take your word for it, then.

Counter-Strike :)

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I'd like an update too, our good board ninja.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Would be totally awesome, that. :wub:

kirottu said:

/me is an avid player of CS Source.

No jamming.

Is that musicians not free-playing, or ammunitionless weapons not sticking?

Both actually!

And no, no lawsuits as far as I know. I took a few days break to let him forget I exist, so that when I send stuff it'll be from a whole new person!

Silently killing him unfortunately, would just make him a martyr. I'd have to put a twist on it someway that it wasn't because of his videogame crusade. Or maybe put a twist on it that it's BECAUSE of his crusader. There are theories out there in social scientists that suggest that people act out a certain role because they are told that that's the role they should be acting in. So by repeatedly stating that people that play violent video games become violent murders, could actually cause someone to think that that's the role they are supposed to play :ph34r: