Obsidian Forums Diplomacy Game 3 (OBS-03)

Meta, is there some reason why we can't just use PMs?

Yes. Firstly, I have capacity for only a few, currently.

More importantly, my previous games of Diplomacy has seen upwards of a hundred messages in the first few turns. I do not want to manage the communication through PMs, as it is just too awkward.

If you don't have a (suitable) email address, I can help you get one.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I have a confession to make. I asked for your preferences for two reason: 1) I wanted to give Alanschu a chance to submit a list and 2) I had accidentally deleted two lists. Unfortunately, only one of these problems (the second) was resolved. I have still not received a list from Alanschu. And so not as to penalize the other players, Alanschu will receive whatever country is not chosen.

Therefore....

Alanschu - Austria-Hungary

:ermm:

Surely to suffer Austria is a fate worse than death!

manthing2.jpg

Those with hotmail addresses should join the 21st century and get Gmail accounts. They will become very happy campers.

People can contact me at enderandrew AT Gmail dot COM. I look forward to establishing diplomatic communications with everyone!

I say bring it on!

I have a crack team of commandos :ninja:

EDIT: I imagine this is the place to post the action reports and whatnot? I was thinking on doing some newspaper articles for the state of affairs in Austria :p

KING JAMES III TAKES OVER ENGLAND AFTER FRIEND QUEEN VICTORIA DIES WITH NO RIGHTFUL HEIR

After a long happy reign of 64 years, Queen Victoria bit it eating a biscuit during her afternoon tea. King James released this statement to the press about his ascension to the throne "Well, I know I am just a commoner and now everyone in England is going to be looking to gain the throne, but I just want to let you all know that isn't going to happen any time soon. I'm working on gaining an heir right this moment, so don't get your hopes up. Hahahahahaha!" The Prime Minister then shuffled everyone from the press out of Prince James' chambers, likely for damage control.

New ArchDuke to lead country into 20th Century

Archduke Franz FerdinAllan has just performed the rights of passage and takes his seat at the head of the Austro-Hungarian empire. While critics of the regime point out incidents of FerdinAllan being dropped as a baby may deem him unsuitable to lead, most of the country is in a nationwide celebration to honour the ascension. Surely FerdinAllan's excellent wit, and dashing good looks will serve as a suitable icon that represents all that is great and wonderful in Austria!

FerdinAllan had a speech moments after his induction: "To the people of Austria, thank you for your kind welcome. It is truly an honour to be given the responsibility of leading this great country into the 20th Century. It is a challenge that I relish, and I forsee a peaceful, and prosperous future for our fine country."

The Archduke also commented that first thing on his agenda would be to establish diplomatic channels with his neighbouring countries. He hopes to seek avenues of trade in order to secure the prosperity of all nations in Europe. He has already issued statements to Kaiser Karl Von LowenWiggin III of Germany and King James III of England, "It is regrettable that both of these nations have suffered tragic events with the deaths of Kaiser Willem II and Queen Victoria. However, after speaking with Mr. LowenWiggin and Mr. James, I am happy to see fine leadership taking over."

"Make no mistake about it...this move puts Austria on the map," comments an independent analysis. "There's a charm and swagger about Mr. FerdinAllan that should secure our future and accelerate the growth of Austria."

Naturally, there will always be some critics to a new regime. Some wonder how well he'll be able to focus on work with the already large number of women throwing themselves at the feet of this fine bachelor. They only expect the problem to worsen as he grows in fame and power.

FerdinAllan plans on meeting the leaders in person, with the upcoming months involving a trip to Moscow, down to Constantine, and all the way across the swiss Alps to France and up to England. He mentions some anticipation for the trip, as he has not had much opportunity for seeing the world.

Sure.

And if everyone whose nick begins with an S or A would PM or otherwise inform me of their contact information, I could post that as well. I already know everyone else's.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had