Possible Bug: T3-M4 Joining

Looking for a little gameplay help:

I'm in the Fuel Depot on Paragus, near the very beginning of the game. I can see T3-M4 in the fuel tunnel directly in front of me, but no matter what I do, he will not join the party or even react. I have tried walking up to him, past him, into the next room, re-entering from the previous area, and exchaning dialog with him. I have tried loading a saved game from a few areas previous and trying to enter the same area.

From everything I've read, he's simply supposed to join up. Despite a full health bar, he appears broken and smoke is rising from him. The game will not allow me to attempt any kind of repair.

I'm worried that if he doesn't join now, I'll have to limp through the rest of the game without him. Doable but less enjoyable. Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

Looking for a little gameplay help:

I'm in the Fuel Depot on Paragus, near the very beginning of the game.  I can see T3-M4 in the fuel tunnel directly in front of me, but no matter what I do, he will not join the party or even react.  I have tried walking up to him, past him, into the next room, re-entering from the previous area, and exchaning dialog with him.  I have tried loading a saved game from a few areas previous and trying to enter the same area.

From everything I've read, he's simply supposed to join up.  Despite a full health bar, he appears broken and smoke is rising from him.  The game will not allow me to attempt any kind of repair.

I'm worried that if he doesn't join now, I'll have to limp through the rest of the game without him.  Doable but less enjoyable.  Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

Try reloading to an earlier point in the game or since your not *that* far start a new one

The only thing i would do really is restart the game if reloading an earlier point in the game doesnt work, since as BAO-DUR said its not actually far into the game at all really.

Might have just been a weird bug. For whatever reason, reloading a previous save or restarting seems to do the trick.

The big problem arises if it continues to do that even after you restart.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Might have just been a weird bug.  For whatever reason, reloading a previous save or restarting seems to do the trick.

maybe something dirty on disc... lol blank answer...

Hmm...No Joy after relaod/restart. T3 looks broken and has smoke rising from him...

Might have just been a weird bug.  For whatever reason, reloading a previous save or restarting seems to do the trick.

Hmm...No Joy after relaod/restart. T3 looks broken and has smoke rising from him...

Is that after reloading the game and restarting the game, or the computer??

Hmm...No Joy after relaod/restart.  T3 looks broken and has smoke rising from him...

This may sound dumb...but have you tried clicking on him to talk to him?

edit: apparently you have. hmm.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I'm worried that if he doesn't join now, I'll have to limp through the rest of the game without him.  Doable but less enjoyable.  Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

Not doable. :- I don't want to say any more and spoil it, but you need to have T3.

You have Atton with you. Can you click on T3 while Atton is your main character?

I'd suggest you uninstall the game, defragment your hard drive, reinstall the game and reinstall the patch, all of this in case the CD starts skipping or the patch download goes wrong. It's a longshot, but worth a try.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Should probably have mentioned that this is on the XBOX...so no system alterations possible.

Tried talking to it with both characters. It's a challenge, isn't it?

XBox, eh? Is it modded? If so, that's your problem. If not, then it's probably a faulty disk, and that's not as uncommon as you'd think, judging by the posts on this forum. Go back to the retailer and get a replacement, I guess.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

XBox, eh?  Is it modded?  If so, that's your problem.  If not, then it's probably a faulty disk, and that's not as uncommon as you'd think, judging by the posts on this forum.  Go back to the retailer and get a replacement, I guess.

No modding.

Seems like an odd error for a faulty disk...you'd expect it'd be something like screen distortions or finny looking graphics - not necessarily something story-related.

Although, it sounds like no one has heard of this happening before, so it really could be anything.

After meating with HK-50, the console you need the voice-print code for; check the camera's...

It will say that there "Is a kind of T3" droid down in the dumps.

This will give a XP-Bonus, and possible even a Journal update...

Load a save before here and try using the camera's (Fuel Lines)

If you had done this before heading to T3, I have no idea...

After meating with HK-50, the console you need the voice-print code for; check the camera's...

It will say that there "Is a kind of T3" droid down in the dumps.

This will give a XP-Bonus, and possible even a Journal update...

Load a save before here and try using the camera's (Fuel Lines)

If you had done this before heading to T3, I have no idea...

Don't have anything saved near there, so it'll take me a few hours to test that. Looking at the camera is not explicitly mentioned on the walkthroughs, though.

That same thing happened to me!! And yes, I do have an X-Box. I couldn't get him to join, so after a while I went on without him. I kep playing until after I got into the Ebon Hawk, and somehow T3 ended up there with me.

I would try saving the game and proceeding forward, only the next time you save, do it in a different slot so you can go back and restart if you have to. If T3 joins you in the Ebon Hawk, you're okay. :wacko: If not, then I don't think I can help you.

Yeehaaw!!! 200 posts! :D

Have you cleaned the disc? AND t3-m4 spose to have the smoke rising from him... lol try starting a new game if this dont work Also how olds the disc?

*YEAAAA!!!! CONGRATZ MOTHMAN!!! lol... whoop whoop :D

The disk is brand new...and store-bought. I think my next move is to keep playing and see if T3 will magically appear on the Ebon Hawk, like I just heard mentioned on this thread.

I'm glad this happened to more than just me. Anyone else heard of this?

Okay...tried just going through without the T3 joining. He appeared at the Ebon Hawk as soon as I boarded it, but when I leveled him up, he appeared with a big red X through his avatar at the bottom right corner of the screen. He wouldn't move with the rest of my party. I think that the game thinks the character is dead. I tried using repair kits on him for the battle with the sith who made it on board, but the game would not let me.

So now I'm playing through Telos, but - as you all know - the droid is confiscated for a little while. So I'm kinda in suspense whether I will be able to get the damn thing up and running again. Mothman, is this what happened to you? Anyone know how to revive a robot that doesn't want to accept a repair kit? Or if it will just be fine the next time I meet the T3 character?

I think the thing with the red X happened to me, too. Question: could you talk to T3 in the Ebon Hawk before you reached Telos? If so, I think it's okay. And don't forget, you can't level people up while on the Ebon Hawk (except yourself).

You'll have to finish Telos before you can get T3 back, so I'd keep playing. If you can use him in the party and level him up fine after that, I think it's okay. :thumbsup: Just make sure you keep your save slot before you left Peragus, in case you have to restart again. This is probably just one of K2's conveniant glitches that makes life harder for us. <_<

Edited by Mothman

Dont worry heads up.. You cant beat the game without em so Keep playin and good luck! :D

Which is wrong... but whatever... (EDIT: Just saw the "t" behind can...so you are correct)

Anyways, if you arive on Telos it will take about 7 hours or more to get him back, so if he doesn't respond afterwards, you need alot more playing than just the 3 hours of Peragus...