Human Sexuality

alanschu

It's the fact that i miss simple subtleties of social interaction that tell you I am either very straight or very geeky or both.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

according to my sexuality teacher, around 40% of the people in the US think that homosexuality is genetic. Because of this they are more at ease with those who are gay/lesbian. I find that just the slightest bit odd. don't you?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

considering how long this has been off topic I'm sure it will be closed soon, but my two cents on the issue are that there has been medical research done that shows that there is a medical difference between people who are homesexual and those who are heterosexual. I'm sure there are some who take on the lifestyle not because they have the medical variation (good enough word) but because they want to do it... just like there there are some who are biologically alcoholics and those who really enjoy alcohol to the point where they keep that bottle near them as a lifestyle choice.

I would much prefer people be happy in their relationships than for people to be spouse abusers because they are doing what their families and society feel is correct - and they can't stand whatever about the opposite sex.

I knew a guy who would get physically sick when he was near a woman who was on the rag because the smell was that repulsive to him.

Good lord! Did he have a blood phobia or something? Maybe just very sensitive to hormones. Interesting, anyway, and reminds us how large a part to play hormones have. Hence preconscious urges.

Sooo...

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I don't like the smell or taste of blood, despite my very visible and sharp fangs... I'd never make it as a vampire. :">

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Methinks I smell a new thread.

-Elwood Blues

Good lord! Did he have a blood phobia or something? Maybe just very sensitive to hormones. Interesting, anyway, and reminds us how large a part to play hormones have. Hence preconscious urges.

Sooo...

Everyone has their own BO (not perjorative) the type of smell is usually dependent on a few factors - diet, hormones, hygiene, gender, age. (not in order of priority) I have definitely encountered women that smell... different during their respective menstrual cycles. This is most likely due to hormones and I have been told as much by doctors and books on biology.

So the guy who couldnt stand teh smell of women on their periods is probably osme kind of Lecter type super sensitive sniffer. :p"

Not all of we. I just like sharp objects.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I hate when hypocritic religious people say stuff like "I respect them and accept them, but they're wrong". So who is actually wrong here? The gay person loving his partner without bothering anyone (and definitely not judging anyone), or the religious person saying someone else is "wrong" (whatever that means) because a 2000 year old book says it's wrong?

Good point well illustrated.

When two human beings meet and fall in love with each other, the gender has nothing to do with it. Only when you're trying to reproduce are you going to actually need one of each gender. When simply trying to express love or affection to another human being, there can't possibly be anything "wrong" with it, except in a social context. Why can't people just realize this and accept that this is none of their concern? Let people be who they are and do what they feel is right for them without having to judge them.

This is a theme of Douglas Coupland's seminal work Microserfs.

Very interesting for all of you people thinking of working in the IT (or IT-enabled) industry.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I hate when hypocritic religious people say stuff like "I respect them and accept them, but they're wrong". So who is actually wrong here? The gay person loving his partner without bothering anyone (and definitely not judging anyone), or the religious person saying someone else is "wrong" (whatever that means) because a 2000 year old book says it's wrong?

Since I'm sure you had me in mind, I'll answer this for you. Well, when you believe a 2000 year-old book is divinely inspired, then yes you do tend to obey what it says. Besides, if it's okay for a man to love a man (and I mean passion love, not brotherly love), then would you say it's okay for a man (or woman) of mature age to love a young boy or girl? Michael Jackson would certainly agree.

If something is not natural, such as being homosexual, then of course people are going to disagree with it. I know animals do it too, but many animals also eat their young. :thumbsup:" I'm not going to step out and say that homosexuality is perfectly natural, but I'm not going to treat them any differently just cause they're gay.

Since I'm sure you had me in mind, I'll answer this for you. Well, when you believe a 2000 year-old book is divinely inspired, then yes you do tend to obey what it says. Besides, if it's okay for a man to love a man (and I mean passion love, not brotherly love), then would you say it's okay for a man (or woman) of mature age to love a young boy or girl? Michael Jackson would certainly agree.

Are you seriously comparing Homosexuality to Pedophilia? Are you aware of the difference between two adults having consensual sex, and one adult having sex with someone who does not have the ability to consent?

If it's okay for a man to love (and in this case I mean love in the having sex sense) a woman, then would you say it's okay for a man (or woman) to love another man or woman against their will?

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Well, pedophilia is damaging for the minds of the young, that in itself ought to be reason enough why this statement won't fly.

Besides, you're not a sheep, are you? Why should you 'obey' every whim of something written 2000 years ago?

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Are you seriously comparing Homosexuality to Pedophilia? Are you aware of the difference between two adults having consensual sex, and one adult having sex with someone who does not have the ability to consent?

If it's okay for a man to love (and in this case I mean love in the having sex sense) a woman, then would you say it's okay for a man (or woman) to love another man or woman against their will?

Many gay people end up going straight. Some people might think they're gay or straight, only to turn out not being that way. Granted, it's not that way for all of them. Of course it's not okay for someone to love someone against their will, but in this case, it's choosing the path that is more gratifying.

@ Lucius: If you believe in God and that God is eternal and that the Bible is his/her/its word, then of course you would obey the entity that created the Earth. I am not a conservative Christian, I'm more moderate, but I still hold to many of the lessons taught by the Bible.

Many gay people end up going straight. Some people might think they're gay or straight, only to turn out not being that way. Granted, it's not that way for all of them. Of course it's not okay for someone to love someone against their will, but in this case, but in this case, it's choosing the path that is more gratifying.

@ Lucius: Well, of course I'm not a sheep! The Bible speaks metaphorically when it refers to human as sheep. And if you believe in God and that God is eternal and that the Bible is his/her/its word, then of course you would obey the entity that created the Earth.

What does choosing a path have to do with whether men having sex with men being okay makes people having sex with children okay? :p

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

All that aside, I have my doubts that Christian conservatives youngers have that much against girl on girl action, it's only a nono when it's the guys doing it, right? :p

DENMARK!