What's your favorite colour?

Bytor

In terms of just staring at a color...that sky color about 15-30 minutes before complete darkness (when it's not cloudy etc). Just past twilight, perhaps. I wish it was like that all the time.

In other nature: the look of ferns in a dark redwood forest. The 'color' of a clear mountain stream on a cloudy day. Flickering flames of a roaring fire and the color of wood-coals when all the flames have died down.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Ergh to orange! The only reason you should wear orange around me is if you want me to take it off you and throw it out the window. :thumbsup:

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

That colour you see when someone hits you in the face unexpectedly.

I see stars, little eddies of air ...

Hmm *quickly recalls the psychology of colours, then discards it in favour of honesty*

It depends. My favourite wall colour is off-white, for example (I had to remove the bright-orange-with-dark-red-highlighting around the fireplace and on the walls of the lunge of a house, recently).

Black features highly in my wardrobe, if only from a practical perspective.

Mostly, my favourite colour is green, like the lovely Mediterranean Sea off the glorious coast of Sardinia, or my eyes.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Ergh to orange! The only reason you should wear orange around me is if you want me to take it off you and throw it out the window.  :thumbsup:

Orange is a "power colour", it can help to give you energy (positive attitude and such: this was one of the reasons for the "Orange People" cult in the eighties), but it should be used sparingly (as inside a cupboard, so that you get a a high-voltage flash).

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I was wondering how long it would be before someone reeled out a psych interpretation. But forgot that you young whippersnappers nowadays just use the internet.

I actualy rather like UN blue. Which is weird considering how much I like the UN.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Ergh to orange! The only reason you should wear orange around me is if you want me to take it off you and throw it out the window.  :)

Orange is a "power colour", it can help to give you energy (positive attitude and such: this was one of the reasons for the "Orange People" cult in the eighties), but it should be used sparingly (as inside a cupboard, so that you get a a high-voltage flash).

Eeeeeenteresting. I shall try it out.

-Elwood Blues

Ergh to orange! The only reason you should wear orange around me is if you want me to take it off you and throw it out the window.  :)

Eeeeeenteresting. I shall try it out.

Just be sure not to over-stimulate yourself, by painting the bedroom orange (or red or bright yellow, to a lesser extent); similarly for the cool blues. Pink is believed to be a good colour for calming; it is the most effective and colour of choice for "sin bins" in schools. Like any colour, though, too much may have the reverse effect ... (so don't binge on your colours if you know what's good for you ...)

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

When I was associated with a training centre for clerics (CofE, not ones with hammers) I treid to get the walls painted gloss red.

Muahahahha

Didn't work, though. The Bursar was wise to my scheme.

-Elwood Blues

Londo: "Did I ever tell you [Delenn] that you are very cute for a Minbari? Even you [Garibaldi] are cute, in an annoying sort of way. Everybody's cute! Everybody's cute! Even me.

But in purple... I'm stunning!"

*THUD*

-Elwood Blues

Babylon 5 for teh win. :thumbsup:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Aquamarine is a good colour :thumbsup:

"I tried the most potent Noise Amplification spell once upon a time. Mavellous spell. I could hear the birds speaking to one another in trees over the horizon, I could hear the rustlings as the clouds rubbed against each other in the sky. I could hear the sound a rainbow makes as it arches it's back over the world. Then a dog barked behind me and I burst my left eardrum."

My favorite COLOR is black.

Are you trying to point out that I am saying COLOUR?

Well sorry, but I happen to speak the Queen's English, rather than a bastardised version of a noble language :thumbsup:

"I tried the most potent Noise Amplification spell once upon a time. Mavellous spell. I could hear the birds speaking to one another in trees over the horizon, I could hear the rustlings as the clouds rubbed against each other in the sky. I could hear the sound a rainbow makes as it arches it's back over the world. Then a dog barked behind me and I burst my left eardrum."

My favorite COLOR is black.

Well sorry, but I happen to speak the Queen's English, rather than a bastardised version of a noble language :thumbsup:

Let's not go there. :ph34r:

My favourite colour is primary green. :luck:

OK I appologise but I do not appreciate people correcting me when I was right the first time

Technically, black isn't a colour...  :thumbsup:"

DL

Have to disagree there. English is defined by how people speak it. If the majority of English speakers decide that Black is a colour, then it is in fact a colour. If the dictionary definitions do not allow for this, then either their definition of "Black" or their definition of "Colour" is inadequate.

But not to worry, the dictionary does account for it:

black

adj.,

1. Being of the color black, producing or reflecting comparatively little light and having no predominant hue.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!