interview with Peter Hirschman, vice-president of

do you guys really think George Lucas and the upper executives who do not play video games at all really care what happens to kotor? seriously while its one of their best games LA always seems to put out mostly ****ty games relating to GL's movies. And none of the petitions or protesting we can do will force George Lucas to make Kotor if he doesnt want too. face it the kotor series is like pocket change to him, he couldnt care less, and the upper executives are just interested in money and keeping their positions. deal with it, grow up. this is why i hardly ever venture into these forums anymore. later

do you guys really think George Lucas and the upper executives who do not play video games at all really care what happens to kotor?

Ofcourse they do. Kotor = Big Buck$

seriously while its one of their best games LA always seems to put out mostly ****ty games relating to GL's movies

Yes. With the exceptional good one. They seem to be on the good way though. Battlefront 2 or Empire at War anyone?

And none of the petitions or protesting we can do will force George Lucas to make Kotor if he doesnt want too

Like Lucas rules LA... They probably make alot of games without his permission.

face it the kotor series is like pocket change to him

Well, doesn't Bill Gates also goes for "Pocket Change" then (Dungeon Siege2, Halo 3, Age of Empires 3), so if Gates can with all his money, Lucas certainly can

he couldnt care less

Who says this is true anyways? Doesn't he wanted to continue the SW universe in games (read it somewhere in a link, maybe even this topic?)?

and the upper executives are just interested in money

Kotor3 = Big Buck$

and keeping their positions

Good games who sell well will greatly help with that

deal with it, grow up

Maybe you should indeed do that

this is why i hardly ever venture into these forums anymore

later

Bye

If they will make KOTOR 3, then it wouldn;t be by thid Cristmas for sure

Last year, by end of July, we have heard of K2 being made and I think we even saw some screenshots..

something tells me Obsidian had a little talk with Lucasarts..

p.s. I love the idea of SW games between Episoded 3 and 4. I've always wanted games like this..

I just hope that if they make it, it will be for PC (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

p.s. I love the idea of SW games between Episoded 3 and 4. I've always wanted games like this..

I just hope that if they make it, it will be for PC  (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Something tells me that's the next era that LA will focus on to make RPGs.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

As long as they make good Star Wars RPGs, it doesn't have to be on the Kotor series.

Seriously, if they won't be able to find a good way to round up Revan's story then a fresh RPG taking place at another time period would be more than welcome.

An adventure sometime between ep3 and ep4, where we get to play a Jedi in hiding who among other things also gets to meet Obi Wan on Tatooine to engage in a side quest to protect the baby Luke----I don't think anyone would say No to that!

Zwangvolle Plage!

M

also gets to meet Obi Wan on Tatooine to engage in a side quest to protect the baby Luke----I don't think anyone would say No to that!

I would. Atleast that part. I don't really want to meet any existing characters in the games. If they're going to do a RPG set in that period, they can do so without including Vader, Emperor, Obi-Wan and baby Luke and Leia. Atleast IMO.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

That would be a No for me...

Know that the Jedi are supposed to be extinct between III and IV...

Except for Luke, Leia (well, partly Jedi), Vader, Emperor Palpatine, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Yoda...

Believed to be extinct if you go by the movies (which are obviously more Canon), but a lot of the EU novels suggest there were Force sensitives running around at that time, so that could be an easy basis for the protagonist.

Well, if they made one the end would be certain:

All Jedi/Force Sensitives would die, because they wouldn't be there in Ep 4... (there could be force sensitives, but all Jedi and trained ones (except for Obi and Yoda) were wiped)

Since that would be extremely annoying (Congratiolations, you have finished the games...Now you and all your teammates die)

Better after ROTJ then (Jedi Academy time)

It could still work, even if we knew our PC would somehow die before the beginning of ANH. I mean, we all know that Revan and the Exile will die, we just don't know when.

In this case it'll just be in a finite time frame.

:p Yeah, really mature attitude.

So you don't want to experience more in life? Have the occasional great times?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

It could still work, even if we knew our PC would somehow die before the beginning of ANH.  I mean, we all know that Revan and the Exile will die, we just don't know when. 

In this case it'll just be in a finite time frame.

Except they have 4000 years to die

Your "current" "Jedi" will need to meet his end in 20 years, without ever meeting the Jedi (Obi, Yoda) nor the Sith (Emperor, Vader) nor "The people".

Basically there is 0% chance to make the Force-Sensetive trained and use force-powers and/or lightsaber...

Also if they managed to do that they have to minimalize the contact with "Non-Force Sensitives" to 0,

So bye to sub-quest from people, selling/buying and all the things that make an RPG a RPG

Except they have 4000 years to die

Your "current" "Jedi" will need to meet his end in 20 years, without ever meeting the Jedi (Obi, Yoda) nor the Sith (Emperor, Vader) nor "The people".

Basically there is 0% chance to make the Force-Sensetive trained and use force-powers and/or lightsaber...

If the ending of the game wraps up with your Jedi going in to hiding, then it can work. Obi-Wan was a Jedi, yet he was able to go in to hiding without much problem. Why is it a stretch to think the new PC can't do the same? Solve whatever crisis takes place in the game, then at the end he disappears into obscurity like Obi-Wan did. It's a big universe. It's not like the entire galaxy would know who he is everywhere he goes.

Also if they managed to do that they have to minimalize the contact with "Non-Force Sensitives" to 0,

So bye to sub-quest from people, selling/buying and all the things that make an RPG a RPG

They don't have to know the PC is Force sensitive. Look at Taris. The planet was under Sith quarantine and looking out for an escaped Jedi, and two republic fugetives, yet you, Carth and Bastila were still able to walk freely and interact with the general population. Sure some might call that a plothole, but the point being if done properly, the PC just has to be "under cover" to hide his true identity.

If the ending of the game wraps up with your Jedi going in to hiding, then it can work.  Obi-Wan was a Jedi, yet he was able to go in to hiding without much problem.  Why is it a stretch to think the new PC can't do the same?  Solve whatever crisis takes place in the game, then at the end he disappears into obscurity like Obi-Wan did.  It's a big universe.  It's not like the entire galaxy would know who he is everywhere he goes.

Yes. Into hiding, but if he went "public" before that (which is needed for a RPG) Doom with a Black Mask would wipe him. In hiding since Episode III, that's a decently long time away from humanity. So if would play a new Jedi you would spent it away from ass much human interaction as possible (A.K.A Non-RPG).

Like from Republic-Empire is not enough of a crisis...

"It's not like the entire galaxy would know who he is everywhere he goes" you can feel Force Sensetives if you are Force Sensitive yourself (see Star Wars movies :blink: )

They don't have to know the PC is Force sensitive.  Look at Taris.  The planet was under Sith quarantine and looking out for an escaped Jedi, and two republic fugetives, yet you, Carth and Bastila were still able to walk freely and interact with the general population.  Sure some might call that a plothole, but the point being if done properly, the PC just has to be "under cover" to hide his true identity.

No, but as said, if he goes out of hiding he will be "felt"... Thus allowing Doom with a Black Mask (A.K.A Darth Vader) to kill him.

Look at Episodes 4/5/6 hiding without interaction, to prevent detection

Same with KOTOR 2's Masters, altough they had some interaction, though too little to be called a RPG if your own char is allow to conversate with "so many"

How do you figure he'll be "felt"? As the EU has stated, there were seemingly countless Force sensitives alive during the whole Jedi Purge era. Yet they were able to keep from being "felt". Not to mention the two obvious ones in Yoda and Obi-Wan.

Don't forget that Vader had to actually be near someone (ie. his feeling Obi-Wan's presence only when Obi-Wan was within the visinity of the Death Star, his feeling Luke's presence when Luke was in the Lamda shuttle right near the Executor). Since we've established the universe/galaxy is such a huge place, in order for Vader to "feel" the presence of the PC he'd have to atleast happen upon the same system as the PC.

Keep in mind I'm not talking about the PC saving the galaxy like Revan did in KOTOR I. I'm talking a more centralized plot, perhaps spanning just a couple of systems and a half dozen planets. In the grand scheme of what was going on at that time, a system conflict would hardly show up on the Emperor or Vader's radar.

I would not be at all surprised if the planets you explore happen to be the planets that were locked by the Navcomputer in K2. If you remember the scene, HK-47 notes that the navcomputer is voice-locked and supposes that it would be to hide where one has been (before T3 zaps him).

My prediction is that in K3 they would be including the planets Revan visited on his way to find the "True Sith". I'm thinking that some of the game might be spent searching for Revan and/or the True Sith, and the end of the game culminating in some huge battle between the Republic forces/Jedi and the True Sith empire. I'm also thinking that to include enough Jedi, they could have all the Jedi "come out of hiding" now that Nihilus is dead and fight the True Sith. After all, he was the main reason the Jedi were being wiped out.

I also suspect the Mandalorians would help fight the True Sith as well, because that would give purpose to Canderous/Mandalore's attempt to rebuild the clans and explain Kreia's statement that "Revan would need soldiers in the war that comes"

I think the series continues....they need to wrap up "the Revan saga" in K3 but there is no reason that they could not have several KOTOR titles.

They could do other SW RPGs in other eras. However, the KOTOR time period is ideal because it is 3,000 years of time just waiting to filled in. It is an era in which not a whole lot has yet been written.

They need realize, though, that they ARE WRITING CONTINUITY and they need to call upon the EU heavyweights to write the overarching stories that the games are ultimately based on, IMO.

Ideally, a novel would appear about 12 months after the game has been released.

LA needs to know that this is not Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance in which the story is there because it has to be there....KOTOR fans want STORY above all else.