Addictions/Obsessions Brought on by KOTOR II

It recently ocurred to me, while watching a Greg Ellis film, that KOTOR II has brought on a distinct change in my viewing habits lol. Oh and made me a Nick Katt fan (anyone from the now defunct character look-a-like thread is well aware of that lol) Has anyone else become interested in (perhaps "obssesed" is too harsh a word) in something due to KOTOR II?

Royal

Regarding obsessions with KOTOR series I must say, considering this forum and the amount of fan-fiction works on the web, it's clear that :

kotor-car.jpg

'Carthoholics' and....

Atton__the_Beautiful_Disaster_by_Eji.jpg

'Attonholics' are all over the place, you can't read one thread without Carth that, Atton this :p ......

(especially because of those 'crazy' fangirls :)" , oh man gotta hide before DL and Silver get me :ph34r: )

Ironically, KOTOR is what got me into all the other cRPGs. I wasn't a big fan of RPGs until I played KOTOR and stumbled upon forums like this one where everyone was discussing the other cRPGs they'd played. I decided to check them out and I've been hooked ever since.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I figure the fact that I bought a movie I don't like just so I can see Greg Ellis say "That has to be the best pirate I've ever seen" over and over again might qualify.

And the fact I've put a lot of the Kotor dialogues onto CD so I can listen to the voices in the car.

And the fact I made the screenshot gallery.

Other than that, no, no effect at all. :D

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

And the fact I've put a lot of the Kotor dialogues onto CD so I can listen to the voices in the car.

You're braver than I am. I don't think I could take Bastila lecturing me on my way to work. :)

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I figure the fact that I bought a movie I don't like just so I can see Greg Ellis say "That has to be the best pirate I've ever seen" over and over again might qualify.

And the fact I made the screenshot gallery.

Other than that, no, no effect at all. :D

Lol, I'm pretty sure I would never have seen "Crash and Byrnes" with Greg if it hadn't been for KOTOR II. There is a pic of it below--not exactly the best film ever made.

Royal

post-11393-1121978749_thumb.jpg

I've annoyed all of my neighbors by going into their homes and trying to break down their items into components. Every time they catch me, I see a little box appear over their heads that says "Influence lost: Mrs. Boudreaux"

I watch movies now and say "Bing! LS points gained" or "Bing! DS points gained" at all the right moments.

I need to work on my Force Persuade, too...

Otherwise, not a lot of obessions, no.

Ironically, KOTOR is what got me into all the other cRPGs. I wasn't a big fan of RPGs until I played KOTOR and stumbled upon forums like this one where everyone was discussing the other cRPGs they'd played. I decided to check them out and I've been hooked ever since.

Pretty much the same for me, though I haven't discuseed other games, KOTOR+KOTOR2 has gotten me into other RPG's.

Pretty much the same for me, though I haven't discuseed other games, KOTOR+KOTOR2 has gotten me into other RPG's.

I would say that the same is the case for me but, TBH before i started playing K1 i thought it was an action-type game like JA was :"> .

But otherwise, KotOR has got me interested in other RPG's but i have never really tried any others than the KotOR series, because i thought they would be too turn-based or FF-like

Edited by petay12

I'm not sure even the lure of Greg Ellis' voice could entice me to watch the Crash & Byrnes film.

I did record his singing samples from his site and I play those now and then, tho. *embarrassed* :D

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

But otherwise, KotOR has got me interested in other RPG's but i have never really tried any others than the KotOR series, because i thought they would be too turn-based or FF-like

You should try them. You just have to get used to turn-based. The games are good enough to overlook any misgivings you have about TB.

Addictions/Obsessions?

No, none whatsoever.

And now if you'll excuse me, the fangirls (and some boys) are demanding chapter 16 of my fic, so I have to get back to proof-reading, reviewing and editing.

:lol:"

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

Addictions/Obsessions?

No, none whatsoever.

And now if you'll excuse me, the fangirls (and some boys) are demanding chapter 16 of my fic, so I have to get back to proof-reading, reviewing and editing.

:lol:"

So...

You're addicted to proof-reading things...?

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

(Didn't want to de-rerail that other thread so....)

I don't know about you people, but I find nothing at all wrong with LadyCrimson's sig. :lol:

Can't imagine why.... :D

Speaking of sigs, maybe it's time to change mine a little....

eidt - On topic, it's been a long time since I've counted the # of screenshots I have stored on file. I suppose that's because I'm afraid of what that would reveal about the nature of obsession.

So...

You're addicted to proof-reading things...?

In a manner of speaking.

I just calculated how many pages of Atton fic I've written since I first started in late March, and I'm not sure if I should feel proud of my achievement or really shamed. :lol:

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

In the case of your fanfic, I say...

PROUD, damnit. Definitely proud. :thumbsup:

:">

Oh okay... Thanks! :thumbsup:

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

--------------

Yes, thats really something to be proud of...

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Yes, thats really something to be proud of...

Have you ever read a SW novel? Cause really, that's basically what it is... fanfic.

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

--------------