Catalyst 5.7 released

Well I installed the new 5.7 Catalyst drivers this morning, and low and behold:

I HAVE GLOWS!

Yessir, it seems that the new ATI drivers have rectified the glow problems that have been plauging the series since 4.11, at least for my 9600 Pro. I also noticed that if I leave out the Disable Vertex Buffer Objects line in my swkotor2.ini, Dantooine still seems to run fine. I haven't extensively tested it yet, but so far no lag.

So there you go, try it out. Hopefully it works as well for you as it did for me.

yep. they are BACK, they have been back since 5.6 i think. (but they are surely back in 5.7)

Also, there is nothing in the Catalyst readme about it, so i think it was a lucky accident that it works now. lol

the Dantooine Lag is still there in Kotor I, but i haven't tried Kotor II, since i am bored of playing a unfinished game...but the glows are back on both. :D

Well I installed the new 5.7 Catalyst drivers this morning, and low and behold:

I HAVE GLOWS!

Yessir, it seems that the new ATI drivers have rectified the glow problems that have been plauging the series since 4.11, at least for my 9600 Pro.  I also noticed that if I leave out the Disable Vertex Buffer Objects line in my swkotor2.ini, Dantooine still seems to run fine.  I haven't extensively tested it yet, but so far no lag.

So there you go, try it out.  Hopefully it works as well for you as it did for me.

He has glows! :thumbsup:

My laptop uses ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 and, whilst KOTOR 1 came complete with glowing lightsabers, 2 flat out refused to play past the opening cinematic until I installed the new driver. Thanks for all the tips :rolleyes: I'd almost given up hope when I read over on the official tech support that the game is completely incompatible with my graphics card.