Star Wars Tales #24

Although i still stand by the "covered-up eye socket" theory, that she doesnt have any eyes at all.

Assuming the miralukas are a developed species, made by God, or evolution for others, it is highly improbable in my eyes that the miralukas even have anything like optical organs. They wouldn't have any need for it since they can see through the force, neh? Doesn't Kreia say something about how eyesight is just a hindrance? So if it's evolution, then there would be no need for the eye organs (and therefore there'd be no sockets). If made by God, who i characterize as an intelligent maker, then there would likewise be no need for eyesight or sockets if the miralukas can see through the force.

I don't know about the comics though, so if there is an official story that says they do have eye organs/sockets, then i guess i'm wrong.

Although, Visas does want to hide the top part of her face for some reason. I could only speculate as to why:maybe there are ugly eyesockets that freak some people out, maybe it is just creepy to have a person genetically similar to humans but with smooth skin in the space where eyes should be.

Either way, she is still the sexiest.

I imagine that the Miraluka have "eyes" like blind cave fish: http://www.calacademy.org/science_now/arch...ndcavefish.html

"They might not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me, you are. It's not the sort of thing that you just stop being. You're stuck with it, just like you're stuck being the General." ~Bao-Dur, Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords

I stand corrected...

I read a bio on Jerec and it says that he wore thin shades to cover where his eyes should be. I also read that Miralukai are indistiguishable from humans other than their lack of physical eyes; and that when traveling they usually wear veils(like Visas's), vizors, or shades(like Jerec's) to give the illusion that they have eyes, so others will mistake them for being human.

I suspect that if they ever wanted too, they could get occular implants. Seeing as how they have empty eyes sockets - that are simply covered over with skin - suggests that the species did, at one time, have phyical eyes. Perhaps their homeworld went dark and they no longer needed eye-sight. Who knows... :)

Edited by Jedi Master Dakari

"Learn to harness your anger and control your fear. Dominate your emotions! But do not let them overcome you; for they can surely cause you to fall to the dark side.

If you expect to win against a Sith then you need to fight like a Sith! If you do not, you will always be met with defeat."

-- Jedi Master Seraphis Dakari

Don't believe what you read in some comics and just let your immagination flourish- Visas with eyes, Darksided Luke, the gizka being the real Sith, and whatever YOU like.

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

just let your immagination flourish

I kinda did wanna see Jar-Jar as a secret apprentice to Sidious.

How awesome would have been...Jar-Jar adorned in flowing black robes, Sith eyes, and a crimson lightsaber. And when he talkes you learn that his annoying persona was just a cover for the true evil he really was, and he speaks in a low, steady, rumble of darkside power.

:o

Edited by Jedi Master Dakari

"Learn to harness your anger and control your fear. Dominate your emotions! But do not let them overcome you; for they can surely cause you to fall to the dark side.

If you expect to win against a Sith then you need to fight like a Sith! If you do not, you will always be met with defeat."

-- Jedi Master Seraphis Dakari

And when he talkes you learn that his annoying persona was just a cover for the true evil he really was, and he speaks in a low, steady, rumble of darkside power.

No. One can't pretend to be that stupid, it just isn't possible. The stupidity of Jar-Jar is beyond understanding for anybody, so one wouldn't be able to invent such stupid ways to act.

As much as i hate necro-posting :angry:, I have to say, if in the cut content it says  "Past the veil, past your bloodied eyes?", to me that means the lack of eyes she has, therefore it is just blood and flesh :thumbsup:.

Although i still stand by the "covered-up eye socket" theory, that she doesnt have any eyes at all.

Then the line would make no sense, because Traya said Eyes, not eyesockets. There is a big difference between the two.

Then the line would make no sense, because Traya said Eyes, not eyesockets. There is a big difference between the two.

Another explanation, although unlikely, might've been that Kreia was saying it metaphorically, like she had killed a lot of people and seen their death and blood... but i don't think thats it... so nvm

Perhaps their homeworld went dark and they no longer needed eye-sight. Who knows... :huh:

I found the following on Wookieepedia in an article about Alpheridies, the original homeworld of the Miraluka (the Abron system is where Alpheridies is/was):

Since the Abron system's red dwarf star emitted energy mostly in the infrared spectrum, the Miraluka gradually lost their ability to sense and process visible light waves. During that period of mutation, the Miraluka's long dormant ability to "see" the force grew stronger, until they relied on this force sight without conscious effort.

So that explains the lack of conventional sight with Miraluka.

• 2 months later...

If Visas had milky coverings, wouldn't she then be the same species as Kreia? :p:p

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

It makes sense with the last line of dialog though:

"It was because he wanted me to SEE."

She's standing right next to Nihilus.

Oh, look at this pic though:

http://www.individual.utoronto.ca/allen/visas2.jpg

I forgot about that.  I think the "new" look is supposed to reflect what Nihilus forces her to "see".  Works pretty well, I think.

:)

OH MY F**** GOD!!! Are you kidding me? The first one with the empty sockets is pretty skeevy looking and the second is just as bad.

I thought (like someone else on the board mentioned) she would at least have white eyes or eyes like Kreia.

I thought (like someone else on the board mentioned) she would at least have white eyes or eyes like Kreia.
The Miraluka species existed in the SW universe long before K2. It wasn't the decision of the people behind the comic. (The storywriter, by the way, is a very, very well known person at Obsidian ;))

So the star made it so hard to see that the species began to evolve to keep up to speed. They drew from the force, while the eyes they had, over time, began to regress until they no longer functioned.

To make it all work, i'm going to go ahead and say there's something there, but whatever's there doesn't work, and may not look anything like what it used to.

I'm going with pic #2, the way the flesh looks is like it's molding over into indentations on the face. I see Nihilus as a base creature in the shape of a man. I'd expect him to see through the force since it's consumed him almost completely. (So his eyes wouldn't function - need to function)

That in mind, he probably didn't even know Visas didn't have eyes, and gouged the area as best as his evil animal self could - tearing the flesh. *cries for Visas*

'Course, i'm going to go with the semi-fairy tale ending and say Visas eye area (as Kreia mentioned) was healed up by nice Mr.Exile, or herself after she went nice-nice light side. And by healed, I mean the flesh. Not grew herself some working eyeballs.

I'm going to take a few dozen cracks at more Visas fanart - I'm already working on one, all cg'ed (not THAT pro) in photoshop. The others i'll sketch in, do some easier coloring, and perhaps post it on here for others to improve upon, or as is.

^ First post. - That's what looking up google images for Visas gets me. >.<

visasfacecolor3gb.jpg

Edited by Raijin1999