Star Wars Tales #24

I've only seen one other instance of a miraluka in the EU and she kept a slight veil over her eyes.

Here is some info about a male Miraluka.

read the thread!!

I did. The only thing I found is that someone "always though" her hair were brown. Sources, people, sources?

That comic does sound quite appealing actually, since i have always been wondering what was 'under the veil' of Visas, as Sikon said

The quick retelling of Visas' background

(w00t) :thumbsup: (w00t) :luck: (w00t) :wub: (w00t) :wub:

*squeals and dances*

Unless you guys are really desperate to see the story, I would suggest waiting for the trade paperback...

The comic book itself is 6 bucks, and to be honest, it's not really worth it if you want that story alone. At least with the trade, you get the KoTOR1 back story as well.

(There's a Darth Maul origin story, a stupid Jango Fett story/parody that just wasn't funny, and a story that is the last part of a 6 part series... so... you're basically paying 6 bucks for 5 pages of Visas... :lol: )

It makes sense with the last line of dialog though:

"It was because he wanted me to SEE."

She's standing right next to Nihilus.

Oh, look at this pic though:

http://www.individual.utoronto.ca/allen/visas2.jpg

I forgot about that. I think the "new" look is supposed to reflect what Nihilus forces her to "see". Works pretty well, I think.

I've only seen one other instance of a miraluka in the EU and she kept a slight veil over her eyes.

May I ask where that was? :lol:

To answer, That was in the Tales of the Jedi series (the comics that were put in the KOTOR era, wayyyy before KOTOR was even concieved.) It was a chick, yes she was a jedi and she ended up dying at the end of the sith war when Aleema forced a stars core into the middle of her formation (she was with two other knights.) But I didn't remember that Jerec was a Miraluka. I just thought he was blind.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

1. I think Wiki is mistaken, Jerec can't possibly be a Miraluka. Aren't they extinct? Or did some survive on other planets?

2. The first photo of visas looks like she's wearing sunglasses or something. What is it exactly that I'm looking at?

3. Does the comic dwelve into Visas past? Katarr is a whole planet of force users, so is it safe to say that Visas was already practicing lightsabers and force well before being taken under Nihilus' wing? Perhaps even a Jedi? or maybe the Miraluka had their own force displine going like the Jal Shey or Matukai?

4. Does the comic give more insight into Nihilus' character?

2. The first photo of visas looks like she's wearing sunglasses or something.  What is it exactly that I'm looking at?

3. Does the comic dwelve into Visas past?  Katarr is a whole planet of force users, so is  it safe to say that Visas was already practicing lightsabers and force well before being taken under Nihilus' wing? Perhaps even  a Jedi? or maybe the Miraluka had their own force displine going like the Jal Shey or Matukai?

4. Does the comic give more insight into Nihilus' character?

2. I'm assuming she's been completely corrupted, which is why her sockets are blackened/empty.

3. Nope, it's the exact same dialog you get if you talk to her.

4. Nope again!

I have to say, that looks pretty creepy.

BTW: what is this paperback I keep hearing about? Is there a novelization of KOTOR coming out that I don't know about?

A Trade Paperback is, at least in North America, just a collection of previously released issues bound together into one book. ;)

Ahhhh Dark Horse Headquarters in Portland, OR! they have a great little set of lifesize models in a window of an Alien, Predator, and I think they have a Jedi in there.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.