KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

Besides all that, the movies are very misleading in making people believe the only lightsaber colors there are ever allowed to be, ever, are blue, green, and red, and furthermore that red is restricted to dark siders only.

Your support for such a statement being?

I suppose you could say that's an EU thing or whatever and that Lucas intended for there to only be 3 colors, besides Mace's.

^Asinus asinorum in saecula saeculorum

Just out of interest even if a new KOTOR was developed, with a new engine. Would the game still be unique to the xbox or would it also be for other platforms? and also the sensible option would be to create the game for the next generation consoles, right?

Just out of interest even if a new KOTOR was developed, with a new engine. Would the game still be unique to the xbox or would it also be for other platforms? and also the sensible option would be to create the game for the next generation consoles, right?

Yeah, it would make sense for them to make it for the next-gen consoles, especially since they're coming out pretty soon. I'm thinking they'll have it for X-Box 360 and PC only, but they might branch out to the other consoles. I just hope they'll include downloadable content and patches for us X-Box owners. :p

This might sound like a dumb question, since I'm posting it in a K3 thread that is 14 pages long as of this posting, but does anyone on here even care about any of this anymore?

I mean truly. This all just seems like a conversation piece. Not a real debate about what could or shouldn't be in a probable K3.

Just speaking for myself, I hardly post here that much anymore. Partly because I've been spending alot of time playing WoW and Guild Wars, but also because OE hasn't made much of an effort to keep the community involved. We don't know anything about their new project other then it is not K3, they hardly ever update the front page anymore, and when's the last time a dev has posted on these forums?

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see a K3 just as much as the next fan, but until OE starts to be active again, I kind of have a ho-hum feeling about it all.

And not to mention I'm kind of Star Warsed out.

This might sound like a dumb question, since I'm posting it in a K3 thread that is 14 pages long as of this posting, but does anyone on here even care about any of this anymore?

I mean truly.  This all just seems like a conversation piece.  Not a real debate about what could or shouldn't be in a probable K3.

Just speaking for myself, I hardly post here that much anymore.  Partly because I've been spending alot of time playing WoW and Guild Wars, but also because OE hasn't made much of an effort to keep the community involved.  We don't know anything about their new project other then it is not K3, they hardly ever update the front page anymore, and when's the last time a dev has posted on these forums?

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see a K3 just as much as the next fan, but until OE starts to be active again, I kind of have a ho-hum feeling about it all.

And not to mention I'm kind of Star Warsed out.

I live and breath this stuff. Without it I would cease to exist.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

This sentence

does not agree with this sentence

Did you have anything constructive to add? A wish for K3, should one be made? This is your big chance! The developers are sure to see it, and even write to you early to tell you all about how they are incorporating your ideas into the new game, and ask you for any more ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

To simply limit the colors would be insane. It would mean that the jedi only use 3 types of focusing crystals. Each crystal is unique and thus each saber should have a unique crystal.

I say for color make somthing like the named crystal and give the player a color pallet to chose their own color.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

why not have a player customization on par with that in DefJam: Fight for NY? the build of your face, facial hair, hair cut, what you wear, how much bling-bling you have, that sort of thing

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

...when's the last time a dev has posted on these forums?

Michael Chu has taken to lurking in the shoe thread on way-off topic. Can we say 'fetish'? :o I guess we know who's doing the boots in NWN2. There's a new guy called Nathaniel Chapman who made his first post yesterday. So either there's a general order gone out to Obsidian employees to re-engage with their boards, or things are really slow in the office at the moment.

Customisation is good, and is supposed to be an aspect of the new globalised world economy where consumers get exactly what they want (and the producer gets screwed). I think it would be good to have a Sims 2-like appearance generator, and a game I downloaded a few days ago, Mount & Blade, does have something very similar.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

why not have a player customization on par with that in DefJam: Fight for NY? the build of your face, facial hair, hair cut, what you wear, how much bling-bling you have, that sort of thing

Well, it wouldn't work in the first and second Kotor because:

Kotor 1: The revelation

Kotor 2: The "Dark Jedi" shadow in the tomb on Korriban

IMO Kotor III should have lot's of faces, or play as a different species if this is possible. I am tired of the fact that you can give your character any name you wish though. Why? People always call you something like: Jedi, offworlder, visitor, human etc.

Master Vandar lives!

Then we should be able to choose facial hair for our characters, including the female PCs.  :ninja:"

Sounds like they have a new race in Star Wars----Dwarves.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester