KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

What I would like to see is an ability to turn off the 'DS / LS Points Gained' message ... this way I'd just play using my own style - and would be curious to see how the character will end up - it would of course make it harder to achieve mastery ... but when an LS/DS choice specified right after the dialog is over, we can cheat and reload prior game (if we really wanted to) ... from a psychology study this would be interesting . Of course I'd like an option to enable the announcement as well ...

I think what the influence system needs in a KotOR3 is more of a DS/LS axis. I mean, it's pretty stupid that Handmaiden or Bao-Dur or whomever keeps bugging the PC about doing evil things and losing influence when they are themselves pretty evil already.

And that's aside from the rather silly idea of a horribly dark-sided Atton telling you about how Kreia is a bad influence and how it's really showing by now. Ahem, ever tried taking a look in the mirror, Atton? You know, people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones... :-"

Instead there should have been a LS/DS (or good/evil) division depending on which side the character is being switched to. Star Wars morality is pretty simple (and exceedingly black and white), so you shouldn't need more than two mentalities per character.

I like how in some cases a character will react negatively, but can be persuaded to see things from your side instead. The problem in KotOR2 was that this manifested itself as the 'Kreia effect' and so was a sort of "Deux ex Machina" device outside player control, when it really should have been subject to your use of the persuasion skill or even Force Persuade...

There are 3 possibilities regarding KOTOR 3 if it's going to be made:

1) If the developer of the sequal is going to take Kreia's vision of the future at the end of K2 as a platform for K3 - then we can speculate as much as we want because the foundations for the next game are cristal clear.

2) The developer can ignore Kreia's prophecy and say that she was just misleading and lying to the Exile and make K3 with familiar characters from K1 & K2 but with a whole different scenario - which is possible, then there is little room to speculate or guess what the story will be.

3)The developer can also totaly bury the events from K1 & K2 and make K3 with a story and characters that have little or no connection to the previous games and just mention what happened with events and people from K1&K2 in the form of history books, holocorns and stuff like that. I know many people wouldn't like this, although some would, but this is also highly possible to be the case with K3 - if so then I believe all of your efforts to forsee what K3 will be are in vain and you're just wasting your time in a futile attempt to do otherwise. :lol:

The problem with abandoning the story-arch is the hole they dug for themselves with the whole "True Sith" revleation. That is why it's now a must-continue game. If they don't resolve it, you'll have a ton of pissed-off fans who want to know what happened to Revan and/or the exile and why they couldn't take part in it.

Like I said, the K2 developers made a big mistake by making it a direct continuation of K1, mentioning Revan so often (anyone feel like his name popped up in every da** conversation?), and of course, leaving it so open. Now they have to resolve it or risk angering a lot of people.

The problem with abandoning the story-arch is the hole they dug for themselves with the whole "True Sith" revleation.  That is why it's now a must-continue game.  If they don't resolve it, you'll have a ton of pissed-off fans who want to know what happened to Revan and/or the exile and why they couldn't take part in it.

And if indeed they resolve the issue by fully exploring it and making it the center of K3's story, they will have a ton of pissed fans that thought they were buying a SW game but instead got an obscure reference to some POS comics from the 80's that are best left forgotten.

I wonder what's worse. :thumbsup:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

BACKLOG:

Page 1 of the last KoTOR 3 topic - Part 1-5

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?sh...ic=35628&st=105 - Part 6

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?sh...ic=35628&st=150 - Part 7

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?sh...ic=35628&st=465 - part 8

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?sh...ic=35818&st=135 - part 9

And the second to last part:

--------------------------------------

Part 10

--------------------------------------

The Ebon Hawk skims over the red sand-covered land of Utapau. As it nears a huge sinkhole, a huge proton missile fires out and drops onto the Ebon Hawk, the vessel is knocked by the blast and hits the floor, sliding along, it comes to a stop.

You start playing inside the Ebon Hawk, you are told that there isn

there is no human Goto.....

if you get enough influence with G0T0, you find out that the "human" Goto is a hologram that he uses because no one would listen to him if they knew he was a droid

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

The problem with abandoning the story-arch is the hole they dug for themselves with the whole "True Sith" revleation.  That is why it's now a must-continue game.  If they don't resolve it, you'll have a ton of pissed-off fans who want to know what happened to Revan and/or the exile and why they couldn't take part in it.

Like I said, the K2 developers made a big mistake by making it a direct continuation of K1, mentioning Revan so often (anyone feel like his name popped up in every da** conversation?), and of course, leaving it so open.  Now they have to resolve it or risk angering a lot of people.

Not sure if I'd call it a mistake, but you're right that KotOR3 is basically committed to the whole true Sith conflict now, which they used as a means to get Revan out of the plot and make room for a new PC (Exile), but then they don't reveal that until they drop it as a bombshell at the very end of the game.

So it's a mistake if they want KotOR3 to be untied to the previous games, in which case they should have made the relevation earlier and then have the Exile join Revan in the fight against the true Sith about halfway through the game.

Seriously? I never bothered getting influence with Goto.

Crap.

Sorry, but seriously, yes. Goto is really just a hologram and nothing more. GOTO even shows how he put it together from a standard program to suit his needs. That's why "Goto" never appears in person in KotOR2 and why he has all that control of droids on Nar Shaddaa.

If you asked the right question back on Citadel Station above Telos, you may have heard the Ithorians mention that they had another droid assigned, but that it was lost somehow. Basically foul play by Czerka is inferred there, but GOTO actually reveals the truth - he was that droid, and he was given an order to save the Republic, which caused a paradox in his (or its) programming since he could not do so without breaking the laws.

The whole thing is basically a inspired by HAL in 2001, which is a nice way to salute sci-fi in general IMHO.

Crap.

:thumbsup:

How can you write a sequel when you don't know the whole story that you want to continue? Even if you didn't want to play the game enough times to gain influence with everyone, to gain the complete plot and backgrounds, then you could have searched the fora for summaries.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I think they should do more with b4d4. He was a lot of potential side quests wasted due to time. errrr not sure about the alot comment but he was a potential side quest that ended up going nowhere fast.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Crap.

:huh:

How can you write a sequel when you don't know the whole story that you want to continue? Even if you didn't want to play the game enough times to gain influence with everyone, to gain the complete plot and backgrounds, then you could have searched the fora for summaries.

I've read a few FAQs and stuff, but I never gathered anything like that from what they said, I didn't think GOTO had that much to share. Dang it.

The whole thing is basically a inspired by HAL in 2001, which is a nice way to salute sci-fi in general IMHO.
What does that have to do with HAL? I thought HAL simply didn't want to die.

Either way, let's pretend that the Overseer was someone else. *cough*

What does that have to do with HAL? I thought HAL simply didn't want to die.

HAL was ordered to lie IIRC, and that is what caused its weird behaviour.

It's also a wink to Asimov and his Robots series.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I think they should do more with b4d4. He was a lot of potential side quests wasted due to time. errrr not sure about the alot comment but he was a potential side quest that ended up going nowhere fast.

Yay. More protocol droids, I say. I mean the depth of that character, it was like you thought he'd be *THE* guy to watch. At one point there I almost thought he slipped me the answer, and when Traya was the final boss instead of him I quit the game and didn't pick it up for three weeks.

^Asinus asinorum in saecula saeculorum

The Goto thing in your storyline; Maybe it could end with the HK-50 series quest. Every one here wanted to visit that "droid planet" and end all HK-50 assasin droids.

Can it be integrated into your storyline on Utapau Vagrant?

Master Vandar lives!

The Goto thing in your storyline; Maybe it could end with the HK-50 series quest. Every one here wanted to visit that "droid planet" and end all HK-50 assasin droids.

Can it be integrated into your storyline on Utapau Vagrant?

Sorry, but isn't that a very hypothetical question? The chances of Obsidian or whoever gets to develop K3 using any of our ideas seem exceedingly remote to me to say the least...

The chances of Obsidian or whoever gets to develop K3 using any of our ideas seem exceedingly remote to me to say the least...

Which is why I still think it's pointless to suggest story-related suggestions. With game feature or item suggestions, atleast the devs can say "hmm..hooded robes, yeah we can do that". But I don't see whoever is writing the story to use someone else's material.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Sorry, but isn't that a very hypothetical question? The chances of Obsidian or whoever gets to develop K3 using any of our ideas seem exceedingly remote to me to say the least...

Specific suggestions, perhaps not. However, we are creating 'buzz'. :- Talk of hoods, non-human PCs and a cameo return of Revan is common across many forums, and this will be a factor (though not the only one) in decisions of what is included or excluded. :blink:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Specific suggestions, perhaps not.  However, we are creating 'buzz'. :)  Talk of hoods, non-human PCs and a cameo return of Revan is common across many forums, and this will be a factor (though not the only one) in decisions of what is included or excluded. :-

You could have just quoted me and said "what he said". :blink:" :p

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Which is why I still think it's pointless to suggest story-related suggestions.  With game feature or item suggestions, atleast the devs can say "hmm..hooded robes, yeah we can do that".  But I don't see whoever is writing the story to use someone else's material.

What he said. :blink:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)