KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

You know what I want? Dismemberment, apart from the sheer delight found in chopping baddies to bits (and of course the potential DS points) I want to have to watch out for my own head. I loved this semi-feature in the Jedi knights

Yaw devs, Yaw!!! (

I'm not sure that happened. The only time I've ever heard of scarring in game was Fable, My guy looked like he had been through a meat grinder and had been put back together. The limb thing was a minor addition to JK2 and JA, Mainly you'd go for the head and take off an arm. It got to be really wierd.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

You know what I want? Dismemberment, apart from the sheer delight found in chopping baddies to bits (and of course the potential DS points) I want to have to watch out for my own head. I loved this semi-feature in the Jedi knights

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I'm not sure how the dismemberment would work, as you don't have direct control over where your character attacks.

It would probably make the overly sensitive and protective mommies (and religious fanatical activists) cry out about how this game will turn little Billy into a monster!

Nah. I don't lose my lunch when I play Jedi Academy or when I watch Star Wars movies. I doubt it'd be dismemberment to the point of Monty Python blood. But even still I didn't lose my lunch when watching Kill Bill.

Nor do I even lose my lunch when playing games like Resident Evil or Clive: Barker's undying. I don't lose my lunch when watching Jason go nuts in Friday the 13th movies.

But I digress.

Scars are a good idea but would work better as a part of the main story - I mean that a specific incident leads to a scar, which future NPCs might then comment upon, rather than as a result of random combat. I liked the way in Kotor 2 that NPCs would sometimes comment on your corrupted DS face.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Especially with Indy 4 coming out.  There is a script all parties like, and Spielburg says he is doing it right after Munich.  It should be noted that unlike Lucas, Spielburg has been churning out titles left and right.  Sure he only released three films as a director in the past two years, but he has countless producer projects he has been doing as well.  And WotW was made in seemingly record time.

Looks like another game piggybacking on the film hype-machine. I only hope it is finished before the film ... ('cause it stands a chance at being a good game, and

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

One note about dismemberment by lightsaber in Star Wars is that it does seem to be completely bloodless.

Did we see blood when Luke lost his hand? Did Qui-Gon bleed from his fatal wound? Did blood burst from Darth Maul, when he was carved in two? Did Anakin bleed when Dooku cut off his arm? Did Jango Fett bleed when Mace cut his head off, or did Mace bleed when his hand was cut?

The answer to all of the above is no. The only time we might argue it is for Darth Maul, since there was sort of a red flash when he was struck, but we saw no actual blood when he fell and was separated in two.

I seem to recall that one player in a Star Wars RPG I played argued that this was because lightsabers cauterize the wounds that they leave behind automatically - they are so energetic that they simply burn the wound shut instantaneously. I think that's in the rules for lightsabers somewhere, though I haven't seen it myself.

I don't need gorey animations in my game to enjoy it. Star Wars is a license that has a broad appeal with younger audiences and with the ESRB under scrutiny it may be best to keep things as they are. Its still satisfying in the game to cut through your opponents, so they don't explode into chunks. I can live with that.

One note about dismemberment by lightsaber in Star Wars is that it does seem to be completely bloodless.

Did we see blood when Luke lost his hand? Did Qui-Gon bleed from his fatal wound? Did blood burst from Darth Maul, when he was carved in two? Did Anakin bleed when Dooku cut off his arm? Did Jango Fett bleed when Mace cut his head off, or did Mace bleed when his hand was cut?

The answer to all of the above is no. The only time we might argue it is for Darth Maul, since there was sort of a red flash when he was struck, but we saw no actual blood when he fell and was separated in two.

I seem to recall that one player in a Star Wars RPG I played argued that this was because lightsabers cauterize the wounds that they leave behind automatically - they are so energetic that they simply burn the wound shut instantaneously. I think that's in the rules for lightsabers somewhere, though I haven't seen it myself.

Well, maybe not completely bloodless ... The friend-of-the-walrus-headed-guy (with the nose all over his face) in the cantina as Mos Isley (ANH) certainly lost a bit of blood when Obi-Wan removed his blaster from his possession ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Don't forget, GL wanted his SW movies to be accessible for a wide range of audiences, and so wanted to tone down blood and gore as much as possible. If I remember correctly, the PG-13 rating didn't exist until the release of Raiders of the Lost Ark. If I'm also correct, there aren't any SW games rated M.

As for K3, that's mainly why I doubt we'll see graphic violence in the next installment, even if it is done in real-time.

1coruscant a interactive jedi councill, early in the game you find 6 or 7 jedi masters at some meeting in dantoine after they find out their is no more councill they decide to become a fill in councill until others are appointed, as your character is in the councill their can be certain side quests where people approach the councill and ask for help you can either deny or help them.

2 customizable light sabers and robes

3 a hard version that is in fact hard

4 if your male you can train a female padawon if your female you can train a male

5 a very long game. i couldint imagine playing 3 without 1 or 2 by the time uv played both games people will want a long game

6 perhaps when leveling up it shows a sequence of your char training

7 more quest based on intellect like in kotor 1, when in dantoine you had to solve a murder

8. a massive war. your char with other jedi and the republic on a massive battle

field

fighting the true sith and their leaders sorta like fable in the end.

9. give the 2 sith lords better class palpatine didnt go around sticking his lightsaber into everyones buisniss hehe. make the final battle with some 1 youd never suspect

Well, maybe not completely bloodless ... The friend-of-the-walrus-headed-guy (with the nose all over his face) in the cantina as Mos Isley (ANH) certainly lost a bit of blood when Obi-Wan removed his blaster from his possession ...

Oh yeah - forgot about that one. Strange considering the rest, though... But then maybe it was before Lucas went all noble and cut the Han-shooting-Greedo scene and so... Still, that severed arm is still in the special edition - even on the DVD.

Don't forget, GL wanted his SW movies to be accessible for a wide range of audiences, and so wanted to tone down blood and gore as much as possible.  If I remember correctly, the PG-13 rating didn't exist until the release of Raiders of the Lost Ark.  If I'm also correct, there aren't any SW games rated M. 

As for K3, that's mainly why I doubt we'll see graphic violence in the next installment, even if it is done in real-time.

Maybe, but I really think that would be a silly argument. I mean, if they don't want violence, then who do they let Mace cut off Jango's head and so? What, it's fine in the movies, but not in the games? Odd...