An Interesting Proposition

Truth to be told; I haven't felt this excited since...ever actually.

But I must humbly ask that my character; if I do get in with so many on the list already; gets introduced later on the game, while the others are already somewhat familiar with each other. Mostly this is because the next week, when I suppose the game starts, is going to be quite hectic for me. School and all that. I think I can cope with the schedule, even if I do participate from the start. I just hope the hours we use to play in are during the evening and not sometime around 2-5. I couldn't study and keep my character alive with that kind of schedule.

I could, however just pass this game and maybe take part with the next one, if it starts somewhere around spring. My matriculation exams will be over by then and I'll have nothing but time in my hands.

What is this? My posts have nevr been this long. :p

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

That is long when compared to my usual post length :huh:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

I'm almost done with my character. I got sidetracked reading the sourcebook. :">

I'll probably scan my printed out character sheet and email that to Ender. I wrote in pencil (so I could change things as I went along), so if it's illegible let me know what parts can't be read and I'll email the answers.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I may start a new thread tonight with all the info in one post to keep things together. I'm probably going to set the game in Vegas.

What kind of game stylisticly and thematically are people looking for?

I should warn peope that the WoD is very oppressive and dark usually. There are always more powerful creatures in the darkess who have been around longer, and will do everything in the power to remain in power.

Even more dangerous than the predators themselves are the society of predators.

If people want we can run a Gehenna game. I have all the Gehenna books. Gehenna is the apocalypse for Vampires. It is obviously a very different chronicle of mass galactic badness, but that probably would not be good for new players.

Please no Gehenna. It's already bad enough with the game being based on 'worldofdarknesian' Vegas, probably quite the hellhole. How about we also have some outdoors excurions? And please no sewers or such, unless we really have to. Of course; if we get the change to call each other rat suckers, all is forgiven. :rolleyes:

kirottu said:

Could you also keep it less fighty and more talky or movey, I don't mind the odd fight from time to time, but the characters would be more interesting with group rivalries, in which case tactics aren't so readily available; resulting in harder fights. On the other hand; with the world full of overkill flesh constructs and ancient evils, we are surely better off without exposing ourselves to fighting at all.

kirottu said:

Do different clans have social relations with each other? (I'm guessing yes: guessing because I still haven't read the manual, and yes because we're all madly creating random characters) ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

And one thought; how about some introduction parts/group chitchat before we're off to great adventure or whatever? I estimate it to be quite interesting, especially if there are new, like me, vampires trying to cope with a world of unexplained.

kirottu said:

Do different clans have social relations with each other? (I'm guessing yes: guessing because I still haven't read the manual, and yes because we're all madly creating random characters) ...

Different clans have taken different roles when upholding the Masquerade. Like reconnaissance, stompin', leadership, magical stuff, etc. Some clans need each other, even if they don't like it. There's a sort of guild rivalry between them, but common threaths are quite common, resulting in lots of alliances. Of course; Jyhad is everywhere; so no one trust anyone. Unless blood bonded, that is.

Out-of-character knowledge +1

kirottu said:

I may start a new thread tonight with all the info in one post to keep things together.  I'm probably going to set the game in Vegas.

What kind of game stylisticly and thematically are people looking for?

I agree with the others in that social games are usually more interesting to me. There should be at least a few fights, but the campaign should not revolve around the completion of major fights to progress in the storyline. Also, Id like subterfuge and hidden agendas, perhaps within the coterie as well as without. In addition, I wouldnt mind some tasks that rely upon mundane abilities (such as dealing with computers or other technology, breaking and entering, trailing, etc.) as opposed to exclusively vampiric disciplines. Not to say these tasks cannot be made easier through Kindred powers, simply that they are not the end-all-be-all. Finally, I have managed to gain some slight knowledge while researching my character and I thought some references to the Inconnu and/or Golconda might be nice. I am unsure as to other PCs but these plots would appeal to my character's nature in particular, I believe.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

I was born in Las Vegas in real life. Does that give me an advantage? Hey, I know the locations in Vegas rather well. That can't hurt me. I promise not to argue with the GM regarding stuff like location, though.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Well, if your character is a local too, that can only help the game :(

kirottu said:

I was born in Las Vegas in real life.  Does that give me an advantage?  Hey, I know the locations in Vegas rather well.  That can't hurt me.  I promise not to argue with the GM regarding stuff like location, though.

Apparently it's grown about 600% in the last 5-10 years, so it might look a bit different now ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I went there on vacation a few weeks ago. I stayed mainly on the strip though.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I was born in Las Vegas in real life.  Does that give me an advantage?  Hey, I know the locations in Vegas rather well.  That can't hurt me.  I promise not to argue with the GM regarding stuff like location, though.

Apparently it's grown about 600% in the last 5-10 years, so it might look a bit different now ...

I spend almost a third of every year in Las Vegas. The vast majority of my family lives there. Personally, though, I hate the strip. It'd probably be cool if I were a vampire, but it's just not the place for a good Catholic boy like me.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Different clans have taken different roles when upholding the Masquerade.

The Masquerade is for wussies. REAL men vampires take what they want, when they want, and as they want.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I lived in Vegas for a while, but I'm no expert on the city. I haven't bought the Vegas by Night book, and I don't know what the city is supposed to be like in the official White Wolf meta-plot. I intend to cater Vegas specifically to our chronicle. I chose Vegas as a city that I can see having a strong indepedent/Anarch presence, it is a city well known even by European standards, it is high profile, and both the Camarilla and Sabbat would have an interest in it.

I have the concept for the Prince set in stone, but some of the NPCs in the town will be hand-placed to suit the player characters.

Right now the characters I've seen so far are not combat-oriented, and people are playing neonates, so a combat oriented game would equate to a lot of character death early on.

In the WoD, there will always be more powerful and dangerous creatures out there. Real power comes from social machinations. I also urge players to be creative and fight on their own terms.

I had several players complain to me in the Camarilla LARP chronicle that one of my players was unkillable, and that his Tremere was far too powerful. They felt it was a problem. I told them to get creative.

All 3 Tremere clan displines require line of sight. Thaumaturgy can be quite powerful, but if you throw a trashcan over the Tremere's head, then you change the terms of combat. Understand that when I am running NPCs they will attempt to fight on their terms. If the players are smart, they will stick to what they are good at, and attempt to keep things on their terms.

:thumbsup: